The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: Boycey on June 27, 2019, 10:41:44 AM
One win will likely be enough
What a game that was.  Pure theatre.  England were lucky as with that ricochet off Stokes's bat.  Not many sports are as exciting when a cricket match goes to the wire like that.

JPGJOHNNYG

The ricochet was ridiculous and as spawny as you can get. As was Guptil standing on the boundary after he had taken the catch all happening in the last 2 overs.. England robbed that victory NZ will be cursing their luck.

michaelg

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 14, 2019, 09:09:03 PM
The ricochet was ridiculous and as spawny as you can get. As was Guptil standing on the boundary after he had taken the catch all happening in the last 2 overs.. England robbed that victory NZ will be cursing their luck.
Just not your day when something like that happens.  The toughest of tough shit.  Don't think Stokes  would have got 7 off the last 2 balls but given what went before and  after, you never know!

BennyCake

We'll never hear the end of this!

michaelg

Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2019, 09:35:16 PM
Don't worry, Ireland are going to beat them in the Test match at Lords this month!

Orior

Quite an exciting final.

Well, 20 mins excitement and a whole day of boring drivel.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RedHand88

Don't watch cricket, but starting to think about giving it a go after that today.

michaelg

Quote from: Orior on July 14, 2019, 10:01:20 PM
Quite an exciting final.

Well, 20 mins excitement and a whole day of boring drivel.
You're a hard man to please!

BennyCake

Quote from: michaelg on July 14, 2019, 09:42:53 PM
Don't worry, Ireland are going to beat them in the Test match at Lords this month!

I'm not sure how I should be feeling about that  :-\

screenexile

That was sport at its best today the last 5 overs from England were phenomenal but NZ must be kicking themselves for giving away two sixes like that... unreal!!

Between the cricket and the tennis we were treated today!

Boycey

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2019, 10:06:44 PM
Don't watch cricket, but starting to think about giving it a go after that today.

I've been following cricket as long as I've been following football it's a fantastic sport. If you are thinking of taking an interest dip into the T20 and one day stuff to get a handle on it but test match cricket is the dogs bollox

Milltown Row2

The one day stuff is very watchable. Been to a couple of club games in England,  was decent level and very tactical
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

michaelg

Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2019, 10:38:16 PM

Why's that then? You want England to win?!

Milltown Row2

It's a good thing that Brexit hasn't kicked in, otherwise England would have failed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: michaelg on July 14, 2019, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2019, 10:38:16 PM

Why's that then? You want England to win?!

I just can't support England at anything. But I mean, it's cricket like. It hardly fills me with pride or gets me all patriotic to see Ireland beat England at cricket.

I'd imagine it's a bit like how some unionists from Co Armagh or Tyrone might have felt seeing their respective county team win the Sam Maguire in the 2000's.