Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"A visit by the British Queen to the Irish Republic will probably happen before the end of next year, according to Taoiseach minister Brian Cowen.

Mr Cowen's comments came after he met with his British counterpart David Cameron at Downing Street on Wednesday.

It is understood arrangements between officials in London and Dublin are currently being discussed.

It would be the first visit to the Republic by a British monarch since partition in 1921.

Mr Cowen said there was now no obstacle to the British Queen coming to Ireland.

"I think that would be a good development," the taoiseach said.

"I think also that the importance of an exchange of state visits says a lot about the modern bilateral relationships we now have "

So, where would you take Lily on her wee trip? Croker? The Curragh? Killarney? Or Killinarden?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Celt_Man

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM
"A visit by the British Queen to the Irish Republic will probably happen before the end of next year, according to Taoiseach minister Brian Cowen.

Mr Cowen's comments came after he met with his British counterpart David Cameron at Downing Street on Wednesday.

It is understood arrangements between officials in London and Dublin are currently being discussed.

It would be the first visit to the Republic by a British monarch since partition in 1921.

Mr Cowen said there was now no obstacle to the British Queen coming to Ireland.

"I think that would be a good development," the taoiseach said.

"I think also that the importance of an exchange of state visits says a lot about the modern bilateral relationships we now have "

So, where would you take Lily on her wee trip? Croker? The Curragh? Killarney? Or Killinarden?
The cliffs of Moher and leave the rest to karma..  ;D ;D :D :D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

seafoid

Lily's bordello and then the George

Then onto Queen's county and afterwards Queenstown
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Pangurban

Will she bring the World Cup with her. Its going to be great gas watching the Dublin 4 types bowing,fawning and scraping. She can visit Trinity College,the Royal Dublin Society, and the Royal Yacht Club for starters where no doubt sentiments will be expressed  about how wonderful it would be Ireland for to rejoin the Commonwealth. God,the free staters will make wild eejits of themselves

Cde

I thought we are broke. Who is picking up the bill for this holiday

Farrandeelin

Bring her to Farrandeelin. Let her look out upon Ballina to the East, Nephin to the West and then pull the trigger to her head. Now that would be good craic...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hereiam

Cowan really knows what the people want in the south. What a tool

Shamrock Shore

If she follows the path her grandfather took from 'Kingstown' to Dublin City Centre in 1911 she'll pass my office! Blinds will be drawn!

Hereiam

Totally against this move by the southern government. Do people in the south really want her to visit. Has there ever been a poll carried out to see if see would be welcome. Anybody who has read up on their history willl know that the british monarch done alot of wrong to this country and its people too welcome that bitch over here. Let them stay where they are.

pintsofguinness

At what stage of the visit will she be offering an apology for what her armed forces have done in Ireland?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dec

A number of British Prime Ministers have visited the south and they have much more to do with how the British Army acted than Lizzie.

armaghniac

QuoteA number of British Prime Ministers have visited the south and they have much more to do with how the British Army acted than Lizzie.

While this visit sticks in my craw, this is the point.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JUst retired

I hope when she`s over they take her to Killnascully to visit her cousin Deiter. He has fitted in well in Irish society. :)

Capt Pat

I am sure the visit will be given the same treatment that the love Ulster march got. She will have to fly around the place by helicopter.