Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaffgael

DR, would you have many starters overlapping for each team?

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2020, 12:17:14 PM
Quote from: Peter john on September 07, 2020, 12:15:40 PM
I think all hurling finals this Saturday and Sunday ,football finals the following week,

Ah, Footballers get an extra week to prepare ..

Gives you another week to prepare for reffing it MR2 ;) ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: asaffgael on September 07, 2020, 12:19:15 PM
DR, would you have many starters overlapping for each team?

quite a few of the hurling panel

starters on Sunday past - Seaan Elliott, Keelan Molloy, Aaron Crawford, Conal Cunning, Connor Kinsella, Oran Quinn, Connor McKinley

On the bench - Ryan McGarry, Chrissy McMahon, Deaglan Smyth, Karl O'Kane, Callum Scullion, Anton McGrath, Ryan mcFarline, Ciaran McQuillan, Liam McCann, Kevin McQuillan, Oisin McErlaine

hopefully ive not missed anyone out there but all them lads are still with the football panel tomorrow night
hurl like f**k boi!

asaffgael

On another note, surely the county board could invest in a score board for dunsilly?

This and even some concrete steps at the hill would help nearly finish it.

Apart from the elephant in the room of the floodlights. Is this purely a funding issue?

bannside

Huge number of dual players alright DR. The vast majority would have hurlung as their No 1 sport, and are focussing on a county final against their biggest rivals in a few short days time. Ironically....Rossa hurlers have sound claims that but for their own dual exploits they may have had the 10% extra to get over the line yesterday. As I say, no easy answers and fair play to all the dual clubs/players out there trying to juggle both.

Na Glinntí Glasa

aw def BS. you could see that with the lads struggling there towards the end. Beattie was completly fuked at the end and couldnt run anymore and he had to come off.

Of course it worked in our favour this time but you cant not feel sympathy towards another dual club who are trying to be sucessfull on both fronts. Its not easy in normal times but this year its even harder for the clubs with next to no rest time given.

Something has to give and with a senior hurling final this sunday against Loughgiel, well you wont find many folk too upset in Dunloy if we lost tonight and none of the players are injured. Personally id love to see us win and make the final as theres no doubt we could (if we had a free run at it) win the IFC but thats the joys of being a dual club.

Football/hurling clubs dont have the same problems to deal with :)
hurl like f**k boi!

Rawhide

It is true, Slaughtneil are just a club apart.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Na Glinntí Glasa

They most def are that but when they have become more successful with the hurling the football has suffered. The same has happened with Dungiven and Lavey over the years.

You have to go back to 1969 for St Johns as the last team to win the football and hurling in the same year. Its very hard to do the double in Antrim compared to Derry where theres only 8 hurling teams take part in the whole thing compared to 37 teams in all the football competitions, so you cant compare one with the other.

I think only St Johns, Rossa and ourselves are the only clubs to do a minor football and hurling double (correct me if im wrong) so again, its very hard to be successful in both codes in a single season,
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 08, 2020, 10:22:10 AM
They most def are that but when they have become more successful with the hurling the football has suffered. The same has happened with Dungiven and Lavey over the years.

You have to go back to 1969 for St Johns as the last team to win the football and hurling in the same year. Its very hard to do the double in Antrim compared to Derry where theres only 8 hurling teams take part in the whole thing compared to 37 teams in all the football competitions, so you cant compare one with the other.

I think only St Johns, Rossa and ourselves are the only clubs to do a minor football and hurling double (correct me if im wrong) so again, its very hard to be successful in both codes in a single season,

St Galls also  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

my bad  :o

what year did St Galls do it?
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 08, 2020, 10:44:51 AM
my bad  :o

what year did St Galls do it?

2001 and beat in both finals the year before!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Any word on whether McCann is appealing his red card from Saturday? Apparently he head butted and it was reported by the linesman

Belfast GAA man

why the various Posts on mc cann? another cargin lad wasw sent off - county players are allowed to be suspended

Calm Down

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 08, 2020, 03:25:50 PM
why the various Posts on mc cann? another cargin lad wasw sent off - county players are allowed to be suspended

Well sorry Mr Angry, I have not seen nor heard anyone claiming Kane's innocence whereas the social commentary is that Mick had done nothing bar a bit of grappling, therefore they hope he will be free for the final,

Can someone get Belfast Gaa Man some Tampax please

imtommygunn

McCann is their best player.