The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotstopper1

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 30, 2007, 02:05:49 PM
Lads did Leeds not get to the playoffs last year? Or close to it? - I find it hard to believe that Risdale is being blamed for THIS relegation as well. Kevin Blackwell did a decent job there, he had to sell sell sell - & he apperared to get a bit of stability at the club, then they sacked him!

Although Leeds got to the play offs last year their record from January 2006 to the end of season was
Won - 7
Drew - 9
Lost - 4

that's 30 points out of a possible 60

their record from March to the end of season was

W - 2
L   - 3
D  - 7

9 pts from 36

These stats aren't that of a team in form.Blackwell did a good job in stabiling the team in 2005/06 and was given the chance to see if he could bring them any further in 2006/07 but as the early results went this wasn't to be the case and therefore his contract was terminated.

Risdale is not being blamed for relegation he is being blamed for bringing about the demise of the club and then sipping champagne over it.Risdale was directly responsible for putting the club in £100m + in debt,which resulted in any assets the club had being sold off (which included ER & TA), and also the trade off of top quality players where the club still had to pay part their wages.This left the club in a position where they couldn't afford to bring in any decent quality players and were working from month to month with loanees who were mostly journeymen.

Quote from: Ryano on April 30, 2007, 01:52:35 PM
Quote from: passedit on April 30, 2007, 09:34:12 AM
Heading for administration this week alledgedly.

Aye heard that this morning. There are emergency meetings taking place today at Elland Road. Apparently they can save between 5 and 15 million by going into admin (don't ask me how that works). However they will be deducted 10 points next season by the FA for this so we will be on -10 in August!

Just when you think we have hit rock bottom the ground falls from under us again....

Not too sure how it works but heard that the points would be deducted in the season a club goes into administration.If this is the case and Leeds go into adminstration before the weekend the effectively they'll have gone into adimin in the 2006/07 season and therefore will be deducted the points now rather than next season, (provided they come out of admin next season).Does anyone know if this is the case or not?

Goats Do Shave

He lived the dream...at least he tried!  ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Onlooker on April 29, 2007, 11:36:47 PM
The point that I was making is the obsession that so many Irish people have with soccer in England.   I ca'nt imagine too many people contributing to a thread on an English Soccer Board about how Kerry or Armagh will do in this year's championship.   

Then can I respectfully ask why you were reading a thread containing the words Leeds United on a NON GAA Board?  ::)

Billys Boots

I was sitting in a UK airport the other day, and had the misfortune to read this bag of shite, in what is supposed to be a reputable newspaper.  ::)

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/05/01/its_not_that_leeds_are_paranoi.html
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 03, 2007, 03:01:06 PM
I was sitting in a UK airport the other day, and had the misfortune to read this bag of shite, in what is supposed to be a reputable newspaper.  ::)

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/05/01/its_not_that_leeds_are_paranoi.html

Agreed Billy. Lazy journalism in the extreme, designed simply to get a rise. An article that should be in the gutter press!

shotstopper1

Administration

[urlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6624731.stm][/url]

ExiledGael

Leeds are gone into Administration, deducted ten points automatically and will no finish bottom of the Championship!
Have no pity whatsoever for the club, and I don't think many people do.
It was a good call to announce this now though, at least they can start next season on an even footing and try to rebuild their name and reputation!
Wonder where the wonder that is David Healy will run off to??

deiseach

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 03, 2007, 03:01:06 PM

I'm no fan of Leeds - if the plan that fecker Ridsdale had hatched been successful, Liverpool might be the ones scratching around in the football dirt! - but that article was unbelievablely spiteful. Just because people hate Leeds doesn't mean Leeds are inherently hateful.

shotstopper1

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 04, 2007, 04:41:58 PM
Have no pity whatsoever for the club, and I don't think many people do.

They'll be nobody looking for pity especially from an avid watcher of Neighbours,and a supporter of the team which has the following on it's website today

04 May 2003
United were champions after Arsenal lost 3-2 at home to Leeds. Arsenal had to win, but Mark Viduka's late, offside goal sent the Red hordes watching on TV into ecstacy.

From BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/6625751.stm

Seems as suspicions were right all along, a Bates company to buy the club.

ExiledGael

Shotstopper you have a hint of an asshole about you!
Just a hint

Rufus T Firefly

BBC Sport Report

QuoteKPMG revealed Leeds had debts "totalling approximately £35m, with a cash injection of approximately £10m required to continue trading"

I would suggest that statement makes a mockery of Ridsdale's attempts to wash his hands of the blame.  >:(

I am no fiscal expert. I assume administration means the Club being sold off and existing creditors getting a fraction of what they are owed? If so, how do the new owners stand vis-a-vis borrowing much needed loot to inject into the Club from now on?

Rufus T Firefly

Time to drag this one to the top of page 1 and get the bandwagon up and running again!!   ;D

I believe that Super Leeds are now the only team in the top four divisions with a 100% record. What makes it better is that those four victories have accounted for teams that I would have feared, i.e. Forest and fellow relegation teams (from last year) Luton and Southend.

Touch wood, Leeds will be somewhere like 10-12 points off the top of the division when they hit zero points, and with a good goal difference, that may effectively be a point closer again. The hope then would be that at that stage that Leeds would only be 6-8 points off the play offs, whilst on a bit of a roll. Sunderland's experience last year show that anything is possible.

I know I shouldn't say it - but things are beginning to look up!!   :o

Datsun Donaghy

QuoteI believe that Super Leeds are now the only team in the top four divisions with a 100% record. What makes it better is that those four victories have accounted for teams that I would have feared, i.e. Forest and fellow relegation teams (from last year) Luton and Southend.

QuoteI believe that Super Leeds are now the only team in the top four divisions with a 100% record.
Only team with 100% record and less than zero points.

QuoteWhat makes it better is that those four victories have accounted for teams that I would have feared, i.e. Forest and fellow relegation teams (from last year) Luton and Southend
CHUCKLE CHUCKLE - OH HOW THE MIGHTY (SUPER) HAVE FALLEN!!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Datsun Donaghy on September 01, 2007, 10:37:20 PM

QuoteI believe that Super Leeds are now the only team in the top four divisions with a 100% record. What makes it better is that those four victories have accounted for teams that I would have feared, i.e. Forest and fellow relegation teams (from last year) Luton and Southend.

QuoteI believe that Super Leeds are now the only team in the top four divisions with a 100% record.
Only team with 100% record and less than zero points.

QuoteWhat makes it better is that those four victories have accounted for teams that I would have feared, i.e. Forest and fellow relegation teams (from last year) Luton and Southend
CHUCKLE CHUCKLE - OH HOW THE MIGHTY (SUPER) HAVE FALLEN!!

Indeed - you were able to check out the title of the thread prior to posting I assume - or were you just that clever all by youself?   ::)