Ballaghaderreen - what is the gig?

Started by Aaron Boone, May 11, 2012, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Was talking yesterday to a native Ballagh woman who lives in another part of Co Ros nowadays.
When I said "I suppose you'll be up for Mayo" she exploded.
"Growing up in Ballagh I got to hate them fcukers and always support whoever they are playing against - even fcukin Dublin or Kerry"
Just repeatin' what she was sayin  :-X
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on September 21, 2013, 08:50:18 PM
Was talking yesterday to a native Ballagh woman who lives in another part of Co Ros nowadays.
"Growing up in Ballagh I got to hate them fcukers and always support whoever they are playing against - even fcukin Dublin or Kerry"

I've met 6 county Loyalists in Britain with similar tirades against the Irish.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on September 21, 2013, 07:24:05 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 21, 2013, 12:28:48 AM
Quote from: Syferus on September 20, 2013, 07:28:37 PM
Ballagh is in a mental state tday, lads up on roofs woth Rhubarb flags just for the frvk of it. Ros flags inter-twined with Mayo flags, ghastly sights.

Love to know who you are.

Ok, larryin89!

And Rhu God, I'm from the other side of Ballagh. Castlerea on the address, Ballagh in the heart :-*

You escape from the prison?

anglocelt39

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 21, 2013, 09:18:17 PM

Say you felt pretty comfortable in that sort of company
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: anglocelt39 on September 21, 2013, 09:55:26 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 21, 2013, 09:18:17 PM

Say you felt pretty comfortable in that sort of company

Please do explain your theory.

Lar Naparka

Arra, sure you'd get a glugger in every clutch of eggs.
I know if your search was long enough and the bribe was big enough, you surely get some oul' bags disgruntled ex-Ballagh individual to come out with a speil of shyte like that.
But the great Gaels of Ballagh don't give two flying fucks for what you and any other mean-spirited individuals are moaning about. Today the link with their spiritual home that stretches back over five generations is still as strong as ever and 'twill be so for five generations more. No doubt where their loyalties lie.

NB. In passing, I have to acknowledge the volume of support we are getting from ordinary decent Rossies throughout that fair county. With some (very) odd exceptions, their sportsmanship has to be admired and appreciated.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 21, 2013, 11:44:43 PM

I know if your search was long enough and the bribe was big enough, you surely get some oul' bags disgruntled ex-Ballagh individual to come out with a speil of shyte like that.
But the great Gaels of Ballagh don't give two flying f**ks for what you and any other mean-spirited individuals are moaning about. Today the link with their spiritual home that stretches back over five generations is still as strong as ever and 'twill be so for five generations more. No doubt where their loyalties lie.

NB. In passing, I have to acknowledge the volume of support we are getting from ordinary decent Rossies throughout that fair county. With some (very) odd exceptions, their sportsmanship has to be admired and appreciated.

Of course you are, Ballagh is very magnanious.

The rest are just Brigids flags we haven't bothered to take down yet.

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 21, 2013, 11:44:43 PM

She's early 30s and no "oul bag"  ;)

Farrandeelin

Here giveballaghback, and Rossies galore, take ye're gripes, all out of the Connaught thread, and put them in here..... ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

Farr, i can't believe that you dragged this thread up again.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 26, 2015, 09:04:21 PM
Here giveballaghback, and Rossies galore, take ye're gripes, all out of the Connaught thread, and put them in here..... ;D

you do know why Croi Na heireann started the Connaught thread right..?

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 17, 2015, 10:28:26 AM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on February 17, 2015, 08:32:04 AM
You Connacht boyos wanna f**k away off to your own thread and let us discuss the thread title perhaps.?

Good idea Brick, we need a one stop shop for all Ballagh/Bellahy/Ardnaree related bickering with a bit of Galwey bashing thrown in for good measure. This searching through different threads looking for the good stuff is too time consuming. I'll create one now.

Syferus

Poor Croi has trouble with the search button.

Rossfan

The thought of Tommy Tom Tom managing the U21s has left him in a total state of chassis.
He is not responsible for his actions for a while in.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on February 26, 2015, 09:54:32 PM
Farr, i can't believe that you dragged this thread up again.

+1
This is the last thing I expected or wanted to see. Resurrecting this zombie thread just gives the pair of trolls who've surfaced recently an opportunity to hang around and make nuisances of themselves.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

LeoMc

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2015, 11:51:09 PM
The thought of Tommy Tom Tom managing the U21s has left him in a total state of chassis.
He is not responsible for his actions for a while in.
What is a total state of chassis???