Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 24, 2017, 09:50:57 PM
Latest thoughts..........

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-colm-cooper-will-live-to-regret-decision-to-enrich-himself-36162020.html

He has a lucrative punditry contract with RTE and a weekly newspaper column. These are no more than he deserves. But with all of this comes a responsibility.

Yeah, if only every pundit was as responsible as you Joe.....nothing self serving in your weekly rants/controversies/character assassinations.

Dire Ear

Brolly is a bollix......end of.

Rois

Joe's article is factually inaccurate today - Club Tyrone has not raised a huge amount of money in the US (yet).
As for not being an attack on Tyrone specifically (where he attacked Garvaghey, Omagh, the Academy initiative), that's some rant about the VOLUNTEERS who are involved in the Academy and I don't see any other county being mentioned in the article. An attack it was.

under the bar

Quote from: Rois on October 01, 2017, 08:45:37 PM
Joe's article is factually inaccurate today - Club Tyrone has not raised a huge amount of money in the US (yet).
As for not being an attack on Tyrone specifically (where he attacked Garvaghey, Omagh, the Academy initiative), that's some rant about the VOLUNTEERS who are involved in the Academy and I don't see any other county being mentioned in the article. An attack it was.

He's an narcissistic @r$€hole Rois who delights in annoying people and bringing attention to himself in doing so.  With this in mind would you EVER expect anything he writes or says to be factually accurate?

trileacman

I'm not too bothered with Joe, he's a bollix. It's the masses that lap up his horse shite. "Joe sezs it so it must be true."
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longballin

Joe is usually right and tells the truth which really does people's heads in because they can't handle the truth... like that Jack Nicholson movie.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: longballin on October 01, 2017, 10:10:09 PM
Joe is usually right and tells the truth which really does people's heads in because they can't handle the truth... like that Jack Nicholson movie.
The Witches of Eastwick?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: longballin on October 01, 2017, 10:10:09 PM

One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest?

dublin7

If anyone read Colm O'Rourke's column on sunday he said the he one of alot of other people not happy with Gooch's testimonial dinner but Brolly was the only person who was willing to come out and say it to the Gooch. I think he's right as well.

What part of Joe's column was inaccurate on Sunday? Tyrone did have arrange for a SFC game to be played in Armagh and for all the money spent on the centre of excellence I don't remember seeing a stand for spectators

tiempo

Quote from: dublin7 on October 02, 2017, 08:33:54 AM
If anyone read Colm O'Rourke's column on sunday he said the he one of alot of other people not happy with Gooch's testimonial dinner but Brolly was the only person who was willing to come out and say it to the Gooch. I think he's right as well.

What part of Joe's column was inaccurate on Sunday? Tyrone did have arrange for a SFC game to be played in Armagh and for all the money spent on the centre of excellence I don't remember seeing a stand for spectators

Priority was building the clubhouse in the shape of a giant T.

JoG2

Quote from: under the bar on October 01, 2017, 09:43:56 PM

He's an narcissistic @r$€hole Rois who delights in annoying people and bringing attention to himself in doing so.  With this in mind would you EVER expect anything he writes or says to be factually accurate?

You couldnt make replies like these up, comedy gold  ;D

thewobbler

Tyrone county board might deserve abuse for many things (though not too many if you look at how successful they are at youth levels, and how competitive their club championships are) but surely to God, building a superb training facility beside a main road in the heart of the county, is not one of them.

blewuporstuffed

Rois while I agree, Joe has used this as another reason to have a swipe at Tyrone and as usual there are inaccuracies inn his article that he never seems to get called out on, he does make a couple of other valid points.

The club game in Tyrone is largely treated as an after thought.
We have spent a  huge amount of money in garvaghy ( partly funded by the clubs) but it has failed to address one of the big issues for club football, lack of suitable venues at this time of year.
Surely that should have been a  priority in any county development?

I know that both Pomeroy and dungannon have plans to upgrade their facilities, but for too long we have had to make do with two venues that can really host the big championship games this time of year (omagh & carrickmore) and only one of these has lights)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

southtyronegael

garvaghy may be  built along a main road but it is 700ft above sea level on a mountain. serious windy place. bit of a vanity project with no stands to even accomodate a decent crowd for a game. county board still owe 1.2 million stg for the loan on it. any wonder they cant spend money on county teams or others grounds. club scene is in rude health in tyrone and we regularly have more people attending club championship games than county home league games. without the club scene they would have nothing.

Walter Cronc