Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsaff

I was at the match. One of the worst brawls I have seen a few casements men should be ashamed of there actions. There could have been some supporters seriously hurt if it wasn't for a couple of calm heads- it was a good hard hitting game until the end when both teams lost their discipline
As for Antrim we play Offaly a must win game in what has been a bitterly disappointing season

quit yo jibbajabba

Surely not Bannside. Thought it was only Derry football had this problem..

Belfast GAA man

beat in first round of u17, u20 and senior! If £200k a year for 5 years at primary school is our ray of hope then we are going to have another decade of the same
Surely we need another initiative a secondary schools with an aim of winning a macrory cup before we can hope to win anything at senior level

playwiththewind1st

Saffron Gael correspondent obviously didn't  witness anything untoward at Portglenone on Sunday??

paddyjohn

Quote from: belfastsaff on May 28, 2018, 07:38:16 PM
I was at the match. One of the worst brawls I have seen a few casements men should be ashamed of there actions. There could have been some supporters seriously hurt if it wasn't for a couple of calm heads- it was a good hard hitting game until the end when both teams lost their discipline
As for Antrim we play Offaly a must win game in what has been a bitterly disappointing season

Funny enough I've spoken to both Casements and St Johns club men who were at the game. Not surprisingly both blame each other but also take portion of blame. I heard a few cars were damaged to.

The Antrim display on Saturday left a lot to be desired. Shocking poor and Chris Kerr was left out to dry.

Sportacus

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 28, 2018, 08:11:06 PM
beat in first round of u17, u20 and senior! If £200k a year for 5 years at primary school is our ray of hope then we are going to have another decade of the same
Surely we need another initiative a secondary schools with an aim of winning a macrory cup before we can hope to win anything at senior level

9 Aghagallon players won MacRory and Hogan Cups this year.  And the Creggan lads were key men for Magherafelt in the MacRory Final as well.  But I know what you mean.

Glensman

Quote from: Clover on May 27, 2018, 11:05:57 PM
Are portglenone going to wait until this player seriously hurts someone before they do anything about him county board need to investigate by all accounts very bad

Who are you talking about?

bit of banter

Player in question has well documented history of striking on the pitch. Are the county board and Portglenone going to wait until someone doesnt get up before they act. I see bannside hasnt commented which would indicate how bad the fighting was.
We need these incidents stamped out of our game and the only way is for stronger punnishments on players and clubs. God forbid your son was on the wrong end of a vicious attack on the pitch, playing our amature games.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bit of banter on May 29, 2018, 04:56:23 PM
Player in question has well documented history of striking on the pitch. Are the county board and Portglenone going to wait until someone doesnt get up before they act. I see bannside hasnt commented which would indicate how bad the fighting was.
We need these incidents stamped out of our game and the only way is for stronger punnishments on players and clubs. God forbid your son was on the wrong end of a vicious attack on the pitch, playing our amature games.

What player?

Gold

Is this a wind up?

What angelic club is this statement coming from?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gold on May 30, 2018, 12:26:38 AM

Is this a wind up?

It has to be a wind up. Every club in this county has had these incidents at their games. I think the dislike of certain members of the PG1 club are clouding the vision of some people on here.

Spike

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 30, 2018, 08:48:37 AM

Is this a wind up?

It has to be a wind up. Every club in this county has had these incidents at their games. I think the dislike of certain members of the PG1 club are clouding the vision of some people on here.

A windup surely.  Track records of both clubs don't compare.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Spike on May 30, 2018, 08:58:11 AM

Is this a wind up?

Yip...

All very quiet this week on the performance of the county team, some people have went as far to say it was one of the worst they've witnessed from an Antrim team, even through the days of Frank Dawson. Will we beat Offaly? Not the worst draw but I'm sure they are thinking the same of us.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Spike on May 30, 2018, 08:58:11 AM

Is this a wind up?

Totally agree - St Johns have poor recent disciplinary record and I haven't heard of PG1 being involved in any incidents - will all the incidents be captured in ref's report to allow an investigation?

Belfast GAA man

Are st brigids still playing at Musgave? have passed it lots recently in the early evening and havent seen any matches on.....