The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: The Subbie on October 22, 2019, 02:59:29 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 21, 2019, 08:33:57 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 21, 2019, 12:13:18 AM
Kimmage getting his claws stuck into Heaslip... will be interesting how that ends up!!!
The story being no one knows what the story is. Heaslip has questions to answer but at the same time it's annoying to see the Twitter gobshites revel in it with assumptions of guilt (again?). Kimmage's second go at Heaslip?
So you think Heaslip has zero questions to answer ?
Nothing to see here, move along ???
Big call Benny , Kimmage is holding back here to see what he can flush out first I think
There is more to this than what we are seeing now I think

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out

My reading too. Kimmage knows the story and is trying to draw Heaslip out into a trap. If he says nothing and ignores it, he is guilty as.

The Subbie

Quote from: bennydorano on October 22, 2019, 09:24:27 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on October 22, 2019, 02:59:29 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 21, 2019, 08:33:57 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 21, 2019, 12:13:18 AM
Kimmage getting his claws stuck into Heaslip... will be interesting how that ends up!!!
The story being no one knows what the story is. Heaslip has questions to answer but at the same time it's annoying to see the Twitter gobshites revel in it with assumptions of guilt (again?). Kimmage's second go at Heaslip?
So you think Heaslip has zero questions to answer ?
Nothing to see here, move along ???
Big call Benny , Kimmage is holding back here to see what he can flush out first I think
There is more to this than what we are seeing now I think

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out
I quite literally wrote that Heaslip has questions to answer in my reply ???

Yes seen that but I took it from your comment re the twitter warriors that you are not fully convinced re any wrongdoing on Heaslips behalf
That could be me taking things up the wrong way , if that's the case then fair enough
Like I said my viewpoint is that there is more to this , much much more

If Heaslip could come out and say to Kimmage "publish and be damned " then that would make clear to everyone that its Kimmage needs tinfoil hat & he's seeing drug use and conspiracy everywhere.

The only thing is the bould Jamie hasn't said a thing and unless he refutes the suggestion of an allegation - which is all it is at the minute - then he's looking dodgier and dodgier the longer his silence continues
An unambiguous statement from Heaslip and the Sports council will put out the fire completely.

Matt Coopers ignoring of Kimmages reasonable request  doesn't exactly look the greatest either, with a book to sell I would have thought both Heaslip and Cooper would be happy to stay in the public eye and increase the books profile, the noticeable retreat is revealing .

bennydorano

The twitter warriors that I'm referring to are the same balloons who think Froome broke his leg / faked it on purpose to avoid a UCI ban - same shite all the time, they totally put me off the whole doping area. Digger, swift girl (sometimes), our Ewan can tinfoil hat with the best of them at times too.

I'd say Kimmage has more up his sleeve myself. Hopefully Heaslip will provide answers, I doubt too many will be satisfied with what he says regardless.

The Subbie

Right , get ya now Benny
I follow digger on Twitter and he does see conspiracy around every corner.

Heaslip , more so than any other current or recently retired Irish rugby player seems to typify the privately schooled "jock" that few warm too
There will be plenty lining up hoping to see him taken down a peg or two.

Must look up this Swift Girl to see how she compares to digger forum and Kimmage for anti doping evangelicism

GetOverTheBar

Not to stick the head in the sand and defend Heaslip, but his failed test was as a result of re clarification on the ratio of Testosterone in humans threshold.

He (naturally) apparently was 5:1....the new classification was 4:1....it's close enough to kind of explain, it's not out of the question that he was a freak. Although it does raise questions on microdosing.

seafoid

There was an interesting article about cash strapped Southern Hemisphere rugby teams.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2019/1022/1084939-all-blacks-coach-calls-for-global-season/

There is more TV money in the Northern Hemisphere. The IRFU had income of EUR 87 m last year
New Zealand Rugby had EUR 109 m and it's their country's top sport.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Bord na Mona man

Looking back at this debate, Andy Dunne was on the money in what he was saying on the occasions when Quinlan let him speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyU76KyIcWE

screenexile

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on October 24, 2019, 09:26:58 AM
Looking back at this debate, Andy Dunne was on the money in what he was saying on the occasions when Quinlan let him speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyU76KyIcWE

God he pretty much nails it!!!

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2019, 10:04:12 AM
Not to stick the head in the sand and defend Heaslip, but his failed test was as a result of re clarification on the ratio of Testosterone in humans threshold.

He (naturally) apparently was 5:1....the new classification was 4:1....it's close enough to kind of explain, it's not out of the question that he was a freak. Although it does raise questions on microdosing.

Fine. So why spin it? Why pretend one agency tested him over another?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 24, 2019, 12:34:37 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2019, 10:04:12 AM

Fine. So why spin it? Why pretend one agency tested him over another?

I can't answer that, but for such a fine a margin - I would be inclined to believe that the story is as it is. As to why he said it was one agency over another? Perhaps he's an idiot....I really find that one strange myself.

Dinny Breen

I am quite cynical when it come to drugs but knowing Heaslip's Dad, a man who testified against Slobodan Milosevic during war crimes trial in the Hague, I would be very very surprised. What I will say though, Jamie completed his degree in Biomedical Engineering as a full-time student before becoming a professional rugby player. That's a lot S&C to make up on........
#newbridgeornowhere

Gmac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 24, 2019, 02:09:35 PM
I am quite cynical when it come to drugs but knowing Heaslip's Dad, a man who testified against Slobodan Milosevic during war crimes trial in the Hague, I would be very very surprised. What I will say though, Jamie completed his degree in Biomedical Engineering as a full-time student before becoming a professional rugby player. That's a lot S&C to make up on........
heaslip was very rarely injured or never really until his last game .

Boycey

New Zealand put to the sword by England in convincing fashion.... England better in every department of the game..

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on October 26, 2019, 11:33:13 AM
New Zealand put to the sword by England in convincing fashion.... England better in every department of the game..

We clearly softened them up last week...