Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 22, 2011, 12:27:56 AM
Having a few cans that are left over since Christmas,just noticed they are out of date since Jan 11th...Am I gonna wake up dead?

Didn't you leave Laois?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on January 22, 2011, 12:37:05 AM
Having a few cans that are left over since Christmas,just noticed they are out of date since Jan 11th...Am I gonna wake up dead?

Didn't you leave Laois?

It's quite possible I have had a to many out of date Carlsberg but that makes no sense to me..then it is ross4life so it's hardly surprising
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Have you tried waking up when dead? It's not easy.
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

I'm a big fan of Lazarus
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Zombie beer perhaps  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

King Kenny

Took a break away from the standard beers at the weekend.  Would usually enjoy Carling, Carlsberg etc.  Having read this thread I experimented with a Belgian beer,  Leffe Blond.

Maybe it's because I am used to the blandness of my usual tipple,  but I found the taste to be a wee bit sweet and strong.  Is it an acquired taste?

Minder

Quote from: King Kenny on January 27, 2011, 09:06:30 PM
Took a break away from the standard beers at the weekend.  Would usually enjoy Carling, Carlsberg etc.  Having read this thread I experimented with a Belgian beer,  Leffe Blond.

Maybe it's because I am used to the blandness of my usual tipple,  but I found the taste to be a wee bit sweet and strong.  Is it an acquired taste?

Dunno about sweet but too many of them would take the head of you.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Weiss beer I've come across called Blue Moon is very, very tasty. Got it down here in Against the Grain on Camden Street and in the Duke of York at home.

King Kenny

You're right there Minder. They came  in big 750ml bottles and on inspection the next morning they were nearly 7%.  Knocked me sideways.

King Kenny

I must look it up gallsman.  I'm a bit bored with the 8 tins for £7 selection.  Gonna spread my wings.   :D

Big Puff

Quote from: gallsman on January 27, 2011, 09:12:46 PM
Weiss beer I've come across called Blue Moon is very, very tasty. Got it down here in Against the Grain on Camden Street and in the Duke of York at home.

Blue Moon is clean bad. Would give you the skeets.

gallsman

Quote from: Big Puff on January 27, 2011, 09:49:06 PM

Lies, beautiful stuff! IF you're a fan of erdinger, you'll like it.

Big Puff

Quote from: gallsman on January 27, 2011, 09:50:08 PM
Quote from: Big Puff on January 27, 2011, 09:49:06 PM

Lies, beautiful stuff! IF you're a fan of erdinger, you'll like it.

Had it in the duke of york there before christmas. The best thing about it was the stunner serving it!

Puckoon

Blue Moon as in this

??

Drink it the odd time, not bad - actually good as a half and half with guinness on top.

Big Puff

Quote from: Puckoon on January 27, 2011, 09:57:40 PM
Blue Moon as in this

??

Drink it the odd time, not bad - actually good as a half and half with guinness on top.

yip, same glass and all.