Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 03, 2010, 09:43:38 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2010, 09:23:32 AM
Anyone like that Italian Peroni beer? I had a fair few bottles in Norwich there at a graduation, and I thought it was lovely.
ok, but the same crew do a black label beer that is slghtly darker and absolutely lovely. Hard to get over here- I only ever found it in an Italian restaurant I used to frequent.
Peroni Gran Riserva. It's a very tasty beer. You're right though in that it is hard to find. Have only drank it a couple of times.

Puckoon

Peroni regular is a pretty average continental beer IMHO.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on September 03, 2010, 06:32:48 PM
Peroni regular is a pretty average continental beer IMHO.
When they are ice cold they all taste the same. It's no warm can of Harp.

Puckoon

One mans meat and all that.

When I think of the "flagship" beer for any country - most of them are great, especially the asian beers.

Peroni just falls a bit flat for me in comparison.

lurganblue

Of beers taste while overseas I have to say my favorite would have to be ottakringer. Tasty stuff

TacadoirArdMhacha

I quite liked Pan when I was in Croatia.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

magpie seanie

Good pints of Guinness are my favourite but as mentiond here quite a bit its not as simple as it should be to get good Guinness. That creates its own problem when you go to the pub. Often ended up drinking the likes of Heineken or some other muck but I just can't take the poisoning it gives me any more. Headin out tonight to a place where the Guinness will be shite so don't know what I'll do.

At home I used to be a "whichever one I get the most bottles for the lowest price" guy but recently I've tried one or two more expensive but way nicer beers (can't stand Guinness from cans). Spaten and Staropramen are current favs and are stocked in the supermarket down the road. Always feel grand the next day even after a nice few.

Tony Baloney

Driving tonight. Any decent non-alcoholic beers worth talking about?

tyssam5

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2010, 03:59:09 PM
Good pints of Guinness are my favourite but as mentiond here quite a bit its not as simple as it should be to get good Guinness. That creates its own problem when you go to the pub. Often ended up drinking the likes of Heineken or some other muck but I just can't take the poisoning it gives me any more. Headin out tonight to a place where the Guinness will be shite so don't know what I'll do.

At home I used to be a "whichever one I get the most bottles for the lowest price" guy but recently I've tried one or two more expensive but way nicer beers (can't stand Guinness from cans). Spaten and Staropramen are current favs and are stocked in the supermarket down the road. Always feel grand the next day even after a nice few.

Don't understand that myself, so many pubs serving up shite, not just Guinness but even managing to pour shite lagers (even shiteier than they are supposed to be). And yet they are still in business.

The Worker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 19, 2010, 07:55:05 PM

becks alcohol free isnt too bad

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Worker on November 19, 2010, 08:09:31 PM

becks alcohol free isnt too bad

Or Erdinger, if you like/don't mind wheat beer.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Minder

Change of plan  ;D
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

As Minder has stated plans have changed. No need to be discussing non-alcoholic drinks tonight!

5 Sams

Happened to be in the big smoke last night and had a few pints of "Weiss" in Messrs Maguire...beautiful stuff..I wasnt brave enough for the "Bock" at 6.5% though....all this stuff is brewed on the premises....good spot
The Aristocrat Years

The Real Laoislad

Having a few cans that are left over since Christmas,just noticed they are out of date since Jan 11th...Am I gonna wake up dead?
You'll Never Walk Alone.