Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2009, 08:21:54 PM
Just read the "small print" on the bottle, 6.6%  :o

Yep, fairly potent, though the real Trappist beer I'm sipping on here is 7% and the next one will be 9.5%  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Minder

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 24, 2009, 08:26:37 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2009, 08:21:54 PM
Just read the "small print" on the bottle, 6.6%  :o

Yep, fairly potent, though the real Trappist beer I'm sipping on here is 7% and the next one will be 9.5%  ;)

Do the increments stop at 9.5% ? I hope so.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2009, 08:29:51 PM

They probably will for me tonight, but I have an 11.5% there too (Quadrupel Ale), but that would generally be the very last. And those are 330ml bottles, not 750ml.

Minder

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 24, 2009, 08:32:29 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2009, 08:29:51 PM

They probably will for me tonight, but I have an 11.5% there too (Quadrupel Ale), but that would generally be the very last. And those are 330ml bottles, not 750ml.

How many bottles of 11.5% ale can you handle before you get that warm glow...........?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Too many too fast Minder, and you're asleep where you sit  ;)

They wouldn't be a beer for a session, and one of them would have you glowing enough, two would be plenty.

Shazam

Remember drinking this pish in Portugal, Super Bok or something it was called. First night there when I was 17 I got a whole rake of tins thinking it would be like a beer at home not noticing the strength, drank them and was absolutely pished. Fell in pool an all on way out, me wearing my best clothes too, ruined for the week.

Went off beer myself during my uni days, couldn't afford it drinking every night so switched to cider (Frosty Jacks or Symonds) and have been on that since. Now I have left uni though I have at least graduated to Magners. Having couple tins now.
Shazam Bang

Fear ón Srath Bán

Aye Shazam, always worth checking the strength on the continent. They don't tend to go mad for the volume of beer like we do here with pint after pint, so quite often even the draught beers will be a good deal stronger.

Minder

Quote from: Shazam on December 24, 2009, 08:40:12 PM
Remember drinking this pish in Portugal, Super Bok or something it was called. First night there when I was 17 I got a whole rake of tins thinking it would be like a beer at home not noticing the strength, drank them and was absolutely pished. Fell in pool an all on way out, me wearing my best clothes too, ruined for the week.

Went off beer myself during my uni days, couldn't afford it drinking every night so switched to cider (Frosty Jacks or Symonds) and have been on that since. Now I have left uni though I have at least graduated to Magners. Having couple tins now.

I'm sure you had more than one shell suit with you.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2009, 08:48:56 PM

Cruel Minder but funny :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Shazam

Aye I had all my Tir na nOg gear with me, everyone in Portugal was well scared of me. Same way all the Lurgan ones are when we go in there.
Shazam Bang

Tots

Quote from: Shazam on December 24, 2009, 08:56:15 PM

Aye I had all my Tir na nOg gear with me, everyone in Portugal was well scared of me. Same way all the Lurgan ones are when we go in there.
We will see how hard you are in the burn this wick Shazam. Lies from you
lies from you

Tony Baloney

;D funny guy Minder!

gawa316

Had a rack of Mondelo when I was over in the States. Lovely mexican beer, anyone know if ye can get it here?

Square Ball

try the vine yard on the ormeau road, do a lot of different beers
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: gawa316 on January 07, 2010, 07:53:10 PM
Had a rack of Mondelo when I was over in the States. Lovely mexican beer, anyone know if ye can get it here?

You could get it delivered here: Beers of Europe