Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

heading to that sweetmans pub in Dublin over the weekend. Dont get me wrong im fond of my craft beers. But its gonna be a bit of a session and im not looking forward to the hangover. Does it serve Guinness Smithwicks etc.

Rossfan

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 04, 2014, 12:53:42 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 03, 2014, 07:47:09 PM
Got a wee selection of Irish beers in a basket from a pal at the weekend.

Anything tasty here?

Pokertree Red Earl Ruby Ale (Tyrone)
Porterhouse Brewing Company Oyster Stout (Dublin)
Galway Hooker Stout (Galway)
Oileán Éadaigh West Mayo Brewery Irish Red Ale (Mayo)
Porterhouse Brewing Company An Brainblasta (Dublin)
Dungarvan Brewing Company Helvick Gold Irish Blonde Ale (Waterford)
St. Mel's Brewing Company Brown Ale (Longford)
McGrath's Irish Blonde Ale (Armagh)
Eight Degrees Brewing "The Full Irish" (Cork)
Kinnegar Yannaroddy Porter (Donegal)
Galway Hooker Irish Pale Ale (Galway)

It's hard to bate a Galway Hooker ;)
It used to be brewed in Roscommon town up to recently.
We now have our own Black Donkey Brewery which does a beer called sheepstealer.
http://blackdonkeybeer.com/
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: snoopdog on December 04, 2014, 02:16:15 PM
heading to that sweetmans pub in Dublin over the weekend. Dont get me wrong im fond of my craft beers. But its gonna be a bit of a session and im not looking forward to the hangover. Does it serve Guinness Smithwicks etc.
Where do you get the idea that craft beers = hangover  and Guinness/ Smithwicks minimise chances of a hangover?
You can drink the golden ale  on draught in that pub, all night, keep hydrated, and you should be able to manage your session safely.  It's the choices you make after you have some drink taken that may bring you into the risk territory  :)

amanda

Really, what do you guys see in the taste of beer?
And anyway I would not like to see the state of you after saying, I'm away for a pint.

If that's what you are like after a pint I'm glad you didn't have two!

Wee glass of wine much better.

Puckoon

Fugawayaffandfinishthewashin

Harold Disgracey

Just after a couple of bottles of Peroni Gran Riserva Doppio Malto. Very nice and would recommend.

theskull1

Was recommended Clotworthy Dobbin made by Whitewater brewery down in Kilkeel by a fella in work who mashes his own brews. Superb red ale. 9/10

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

omaghjoe

Quote from: theskull1 on December 06, 2014, 12:53:28 AM
Was recommended Clotworthy Dobbin made by Whitewater brewery down in Kilkeel by a fella in work who mashes his own brews. Superb red ale. 9/10

Is it not more of a brown?

theskull1

A browny red maybe? Lighting was low at the time so...certainly looked red when I held it up to it. Regardless 9 outta 10.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

£5.95 for a bottle of McGrath's in The Cloth Ear in Belfast. Has the world gone mad?!  :-\

thewobbler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 22, 2014, 08:05:29 PM
£5.95 for a bottle of McGrath's in The Cloth Ear in Belfast. Has the world gone mad?!  :-\

This needs an active campaign of naming and shaming.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on December 22, 2014, 10:04:53 PM

A 330ml bottle of beer brewed in Craigavon ffs. Luckily it wasn't my round  ;D

5 Sams

Don't even know what McGrath's is but at 6 quid a bottle it would need to be good. I have no shame in saying I'll be paying slightly over €4 a pint for the best Guinness in Ireland in West Kerry over the next week or so.....money well spent.
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 22, 2014, 10:10:16 PM

Don't even know what McGrath's is but at 6 quid a bottle it would need to be good. I have no shame in saying I'll be paying slightly over €4 a pint for the best Guinness in Ireland in West Kerry over the next week or so.....money well spent.
It's an obscene amount of money anywhere for a 330ml bottle, but in Belfast for a beer brewed less than 30 mins from the pub it's an absolute disgrace. If it was in The Temple Bar you'd be complaining about it.

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 22, 2014, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on December 22, 2014, 10:10:16 PM

It's an obscene amount of money anywhere for a 330ml bottle, but in Belfast for a beer brewed less than 30 mins from the pub it's an absolute disgrace. If it was in The Temple Bar you'd be complaining about it.

Was it nice?
The Aristocrat Years