Blindboy

Started by Seany, November 10, 2018, 12:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Just wondering what you think of this guy. Some of his podcasts are really brilliant. Comes across as really intelligent, but what's with the plastic bag over the face etc?  Anyone know anything about him at all?  Seems to talk some really socio economic sense.

In hiding

Quote from: Seany on November 10, 2018, 12:57:41 AM
Just wondering what you think of this guy. Some of his podcasts are really brilliant. Comes across as really intelligent, but what's with the plastic bag over the face etc?  Anyone know anything about him at all?  Seems to talk some really socio economic sense.

I read about half of his book.

Fcuked up

rrhf

He is the next leader

AZOffaly

He's an upper middle class lad that went to Ard Scoil Ris. Says some good stuff but I think a lot of it may be to propagate the image of blind boy.

Aughafad

He covers some really good topics, such as the housing crisis in dublin and his interviews are very good such as the one with David McWilliams but his quirks do grate after a while.

Boycey

I like his stuff on mental health, it's good without being preachy.

lurganblue

Quote from: Boycey on November 10, 2018, 09:30:29 AM

Over does this a little for me.

The McWilliams podcast was exceptionally good.

The whole bag over the face thing will surely come to an end at some point.

Denn Forever

Is he not a rubberband?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

screenexile

Quote from: lurganblue on November 10, 2018, 10:52:31 AM
Quote from: Boycey on November 10, 2018, 09:30:29 AM

Over does this a little for me.

The McWilliams podcast was exceptionally good.

The whole bag over the face thing will surely come to an end at some point.

I doubt it he says he likes the anonymity it gives him.

Spent time in his company after a podcast in Belfast and he's an interesting character. Didn't like to talk much himself but full of questions for the lads in our company and genuinely interested to learn as much as he could.

CitySlicker11

Did he have the bag on still?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Aughafad on November 10, 2018, 09:27:58 AM
He covers some really good topics, such as the housing crisis in dublin and his interviews are very good such as the one with David McWilliams but his quirks do grate after a while.
That was the best live podcast he has done IMO.
i really enjoy the podcast most weeks.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 10, 2018, 01:45:31 PM
Did he have the bag on still?

No it was after the show in a pub... someone in the bar had taken a picture of him from behind and he was livid about it he didn't want pictures of himself around the place.

MoChara

I like him but that tweets from trump thing it very annoying.

Speaks some good sense and some good  nonsense and his interviews are good. As well as McWilliams I enjoyed the Vincent Browne one too

balladmaker

I suppose you can't drink a coffee with a plastic bag over your face ...

https://goo.gl/images/mCtZAC

Captain Scarlet

I like him at times, but there is a bit too much fawning over him in the Twitter echo chamber. Like he says what a lot of people my age think and makes some great arguments, but he is not a voice of a generation.
Although in fairness he might not have asked for that, but he is being touted as such from times. He is a very well read fella and very clever but he needs to lose the bag at some stage. He is a skilled interviewer and a great communicator but the plastic bag is a sideshow at this stage.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.