Re: League relegation rules

Started by The Monument Road, June 21, 2017, 07:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Anyone know what the rules are regarding walkovers during the league.. Can you give as many as you like or can clubs be penalized. 

SCFC

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 21, 2017, 07:45:15 PM
Anyone know what the rules are regarding walkovers during the league.. Can you give as many as you like or can clubs be penalized.
You can give one and just lose the points for that game.
If you give a second walkover you are eliminated from the rest of the league but and it's an important point, you keep whatever points you had.

Heshs Umpire

Shocking amount of walkovers across the leagues.
A lot of teams not bothering to play their fixtures now because they're out of the league and as stated you keep your points so repercussions such as relegation or fines.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Don Draper

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on June 21, 2017, 08:04:38 PM
A lot of teams not bothering to play their fixtures now because they're out of the league and as stated you keep your points so repercussions such as relegation or fines.
Is there not a fine when you concede 2?

The Monument Road

Div 3 is shocking. To nights games are all Walkovers. I thought if you gave more than two walkovers you were in relegation territory

redsetanta

It shows interest is at an all time low.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Don Draper on June 21, 2017, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on June 21, 2017, 08:04:38 PM
Is there not a fine when you concede 2?
Maybe but I don't see any mention of a fine in the regulations.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 21, 2017, 09:35:07 PM
Div 3 is shocking. To nights games are all Walkovers. I thought if you gave more than two walkovers you were in relegation territory
Not necessarily. Say you had a few games won, mid table. You decide to throw up the last three games cos of exams, holidays, injuries etc. You keep the points you had. If you throw two games early in the league though you mightnt have the points to stay up.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on June 22, 2017, 10:28:52 AM
Not necessarily. Say you had a few games won, mid table. You decide to throw up the last three games cos of exams, holidays, injuries etc. You keep the points you had. If you throw two games early in the league though you mightnt have the points to stay up.
I suppose that's logical enough but throwing games could have a consequence/influence on other clubs status. The whole set up needs review with penalties etc incorporated into rules.  Whats the point in entering teams and then not fulfilling fixtures.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 22, 2017, 11:25:52 AM
I suppose that's logical enough but throwing games could have a consequence/influence on other clubs status. The whole set up needs review with penalties etc incorporated into rules.  Whats the point in entering teams and then not fulfilling fixtures.
Couldn't agree more.
And that's coming from a club who didn't field in our last Division 5 game on Tuesday night allowing Camross to finish joint second. We'd really have struggled to get a team for that game but maybe if there was say €250  resting on it, we might have scraped 13 together!

The Monument Road

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on June 22, 2017, 03:06:17 PM
Couldn't agree more.
And that's coming from a club who didn't field in our last Division 5 game on Tuesday night allowing Camross to finish joint second. We'd really have struggled to get a team for that game but maybe if there was say €250  resting on it, we might have scraped 13 together!
To be honest if clubs are short of numbers what can they do. They do enter teams with the best of intentions and these decisions are usually made in January when everyone commits to playing. Different story during exam/holiday periods though. I think the CB should shorten the league season to finish mid May, then have a championship first round, then give time for player exams/holidays etc. A bit of common sense thought is all that's required. Also how about 13 a side leagues maybe for clubs with small player pools.....

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 22, 2017, 04:09:08 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on June 22, 2017, 03:06:17 PM
Couldn't agree more.
To be honest if clubs are short of numbers what can they do. They do enter teams with the best of intentions and these decisions are usually made in January when everyone commits to playing. Different story during exam/holiday periods though. I think the CB should shorten the league season to finish mid May, then have a championship first round, then give time for player exams/holidays etc. A bit of common sense thought is all that's required. Also how about 13 a side leagues maybe for clubs with small player pools.....
Division 4 and 5 are 13 a side.