Las Vegas Shooting

Started by TabClear, October 02, 2017, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 05, 2017, 06:16:30 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2017, 12:00:42 PM
In my state Massachusetts 85% of people dont even own a gun,

Did you hear what you just said there? That means 15% of people own a gun. You don't think that's a bit of a high number? When you lived in Ireland how many people did you know who owned a gun? Was it as high as 1%?

I made the decision to live in a country where owning firearms is legal

I choose to live in a state in that country that constantly ranks near dead last in terms of gun ownership

In that state state the gun murder rate for my demographic-white male- is consistently the lowest in the country and a fraction on the (infamous) national average

Finally, I choose to live in a town in that state where between 500-600 people are licensed to own a firearm, yet there hasn't been a single murder here in decades. 

Meanwhile the town I grew up in, which you rightly pointed out has probably< 1% gun ownership, there have been 6 murders in the last 10 years

under the bar

Did you hear what you just said there? That means 15% of people own a gun. You don't think that's a bit of a high number? When you lived in Ireland how many people did you know who owned a gun? Was it as high as 1%?
He lives in a country where any adult can buy guns on the high st and ammo in Walmart.  With that in mind 15% seems  moderate. If the same gun purchase laws applied in Ireland do you think gun ownership would be 1%?

Puckoon

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2017, 09:48:36 PM

I choose to live in a state in that country that constantly ranks near dead last in terms of gun ownership

In that state state the gun murder rate for my demographic-white male- is consistently the lowest in the country and a fraction on the (infamous) national average

Finally, I choose to live in a town in that state where between 500-600 people are licensed to own a firearm, yet there hasn't been a single murder here in decades. 

Meanwhile the town I grew up in, which you rightly pointed out has probably< 1% gun ownership, there have been 6 murders in the last 10 years

Most people tumble into towns and states based on jobs, friends, significant other, quality of schools, affordable housing.

Fair play to you for having the luxury to be so dialed in on gun laws and have that at the top of the pecking order. Never a dull moment.

gallsman

Quote from: under the bar on October 05, 2017, 10:36:54 PM

He lives in a country where any adult can buy guns on the high st and ammo in Walmart.  With that in mind 15% seems  moderate. If the same gun purchase laws applied in Ireland do you think gun ownership would be 1%?

Congratulations - that's the whole f**king point!

Wildweasel74

Its a pity you didnt choose a discussion board in your own new country, -there must be little to do when u always on here!!! Oh and the town i live in there been no murders in 10yrs so again whats u point??

Wildweasel74

Would banning the sale of ammo; increase the cost of gun licenses, increase tariffs on gun purchases; affect the 2nd amendment right to bear arms it talks about arms not ammo@@!you got to remember in 1791 slavery was still allowed; guns/arms were single fire muskets; we were 60yrs of the gatling gun;  texas was still Mexico;  the wild west was still the wild west! but no; people cant see common sense and demand a right 220+yrs out of date!

whitey

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 05, 2017, 11:04:09 PM
Its a pity you didnt choose a discussion board in your own new country, -there must be little to do when u always on here!!! Oh and the town i live in there been no murders in 10yrs so again whats u point??

When I see people posting shite on here that they know nothing about, I feel compelled to correct them.  Its a great release from a stressful job to have a little fun

vallankumous

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 05, 2017, 11:14:46 PM
Would banning the sale of ammo; increase the cost of gun licenses,

Ive no clue.

Would or could ammo become underground and be easily home made?
If it could it could just make matters worse. More ammo available at a lower quality.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2017, 09:48:36 PM

The town you live in is richer than the town you grew up in .
Murder rates in the US are 4x Irish rates so your anecdote cannot be generalised. 
Any details on the 6 people murdered? What groups did they belong to?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2017, 01:13:34 AM

When I see people posting shite on here that they know nothing about, I feel compelled to correct them.  Its a great release from a stressful job to have a little fun

Bollocks, you either a) feel compelled to post your own vitriolic shite that you know nothing about either, or b) you are on one of the best long term wind ups on this board.

my money's on a).

just because you live in the states doesn't qualify you to spout. 48% of americans think the civil war was about states rights. 56% believe vaccines cause autism. 25% believe the sun goes round the earth, 77% believe in angels.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on October 06, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

Bollocks, you either a) feel compelled to post your own vitriolic shite that you know nothing about either, or b) you are on one of the best long term wind ups on this board.

my money's on a).

just because you live in the states doesn't qualify you to spout. 48% of americans think the civil war was about states rights. 56% believe vaccines cause autism. 25% believe the sun goes round the earth, 77% believe in angels.
I blame Abba

https://youtu.be/aGFznuoHH50
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

my money's on a).

So opinions that are outside the tripe that you're spoon fed by the like of CNN are vitriolic shite?

Interesting.....have you organized any book burnings recently?

stew

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2017, 05:16:24 PM

my money's on a).

What studies are you basing your information on?

If you believe in God you believe in Angels, simples!

So opinions that are outside the tripe that you're spoon fed by the like of CNN are vitriolic shite?

Interesting.....have you organized any book burnings recently?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Seamus

my money's on a).

Just curious, what are your thoughts on why the American Civil War was fought?
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".