The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Tyler Q. Houlton

@SpoxDHS

While having a work dinner tonight, the Secretary and her staff heard from a small group of protestors who share her concern with our current immigration laws that have created a crisis on our southern border.

Polly Sigh

@dcpoll

ยท

37m

Replying to @SpoxDHS

LIAR. Apparently you didn't realize there was video of a restaurant full of people screaming, "Shame Shame Shame!!" at @SecNielsen for her lies about and enforcement of Trump's barbaric policy of kidnapping & torturing migrant children and babies. #Maddow

https://mobile.twitter.com/dcpoll/status/1009268279855255552/video/1
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 12:20:55 AM
Quote from: Hardy on June 19, 2018, 11:49:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 10:02:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 09:53:35 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 09:01:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 08:23:27 PM
Brings a tear to your eye, the nobility of this administration and the right wing. Apparently a majority of Republicans support ripping toddlers away from their mothers at the border. Christianity... family values... pro-life... morals...

But then those poor people aren't really humans... just criminals and statistics.

I read or heard somewhere that Out of 12,000 minors currently in federal custody only 2000 crossed the border with a parent or legal guardian. The remainder crossed with someone else

There's a huge problem with human trafficking and bvllshit asylum claims on the Southern Border and something needs to be done about it

As unpalatable as the current situation is, maybe this will prompt congress to act

Come on, don't you have kids? There's no rationalizing this. They're purposely targeting families as a deterrent, whether or not they approach as asylum seekers. They're using small kids as political bargaining chips as well to try to blackmail Democrats. This is all openly and proudly expressed. Pure evil. How anyone who has a child could even begin to sympathize with what they're doing is beyond me.

We all know Trump himself is bereft of compassion and empathy, but how do the rest of them sleep at night?

Im not sympathizing, but the media are being very dishonest in their coverage of this. It all kicked off with some photos circulating a few weeks ago that  were actually taken taken during the OBAMA administration

Vast majority of kids in federal custody have not come with their parents or guardians....they have come with someone else

Do you not think thats a huge problem?

You're not sympathizing, but as f**king usual, your bigger problem is with the media or the Democrats rather than the appalling (and in this case downright callous and evil) conduct and policies of Trump and his minions. Unbelievable.

And the unaccompanied kids is a separate issue which wrenching crying children away from their devastated parents is going to do NOTHING to solve.

The rats are leaving the Trump ship on this issue by the hour, but you go ahead and hang in there with him whitey. Some liberal somewhere said or did something somewhere which will balance it out in your mind I'm sure.

It started a few weeks ago as all the migrant children the Trump administration supposedly  "lost"

When that didnt get any traction (because it was all bvllshit)  they regurgitated the pictures from the OBAMA Administrations of the youth detention centers and tried to pin that on Trump

Now theyre onto this, and they're getting some traction.

So please, please forgive me for being cynical, but I have very good cause to be

You have indeed - the fact that you're a c**t.

Play with he ball...not the man. 

I've been listening to all this other bvllshit for a month and it's right out of the Democratic playbook.

Now on the third go around they've found something that's sticking....but that's politics isn't it....nice distraction from the IG report into the FBI

I'm not playing the man. I'm playing a c**t. It's an ugly word that I wouldn't generally use. But an ugly word is necessary in the context of the ugliness that's going on.

At this moment, children, toddlers and babies are crying in cages in Texas while being mocked by their captors. They probably assume they will never see their parents again. In many, if not most cases, it seems they're right. And this is all taking place for a political purpose.

There's probably a word that won't come to me for someone who condones that. But you know how horrific it is and you know it can't be condoned. Anyone who knows that and so prefers to pretend they believe it's not happening is a c**t.

sid waddell

Whitey is named after a criminal so it's hardly a surprise that he's a fervent supporter of the criminal in the White House.

Criminally shit is an apt description of his posts.

Hardy

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 19, 2018, 07:56:44 PM
The US withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council.

It took less than a year and a half to turn the US into a pariah state.

mrdeeds

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 12:14:53 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 19, 2018, 10:35:27 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 10:17:30 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 19, 2018, 10:04:57 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 10:02:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 09:53:35 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 09:01:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 08:23:27 PM
Brings a tear to your eye, the nobility of this administration and the right wing. Apparently a majority of Republicans support ripping toddlers away from their mothers at the border. Christianity... family values... pro-life... morals...

But then those poor people aren't really humans... just criminals and statistics.

I read or heard somewhere that Out of 12,000 minors currently in federal custody only 2000 crossed the border with a parent or legal guardian. The remainder crossed with someone else

There's a huge problem with human trafficking and bvllshit asylum claims on the Southern Border and something needs to be done about it

As unpalatable as the current situation is, maybe this will prompt congress to act

Come on, don't you have kids? There's no rationalizing this. They're purposely targeting families as a deterrent, whether or not they approach as asylum seekers. They're using small kids as political bargaining chips as well to try to blackmail Democrats. This is all openly and proudly expressed. Pure evil. How anyone who has a child could even begin to sympathize with what they're doing is beyond me.

We all know Trump himself is bereft of compassion and empathy, but how do the rest of them sleep at night?

Im not sympathizing, but the media are being very dishonest in their coverage of this. It all kicked off with some photos circulating a few weeks ago that  were actually taken taken during the OBAMA administration

Vast majority of kids in federal custody have not come with their parents or guardians....they have come with someone else

Do you not think thats a huge problem?

You're not sympathizing, but as f**king usual, your bigger problem is with the media or the Democrats rather than the appalling (and in this case downright callous and evil) conduct and policies of Trump and his minions. Unbelievable.

And the unaccompanied kids is a separate issue which wrenching crying children away from their devastated parents is going to do NOTHING to solve.

The rats are leaving the Trump ship on this issue by the hour, but you go ahead and hang in there with him whitey. Some liberal somewhere said or did something somewhere which will balance it out in your mind I'm sure.

It started a few weeks ago as all the migrant children the Trump administration supposedly  "lost"

When that didnt get any traction (because it was all bvllshit)  they regurgitated the pictures from the OBAMA Administrations of the youth detention centers and tried to pin that on Trump

Now theyre onto this, and they're getting some traction.

So please, please forgive me for being cynical, but I have very good cause to be

What about the audio that's emerged?
From what I've seen and read that's real (but unverified)

But Does screaming and crying absolve their parents from obeying federal immigration law

The law needs to be fixed and Trump is crazy like a fox....he's painting them into a corner to come up with a solution

If they're seeking asylum then they're not breaking a law.

Yes they are.....

At most as commentators have said it's a federal misdemeanor. Usually a slap on wrist and 500 dollar fine. Not ripping kids from parents. One of Trump's campaign managers made a womp womp sound when he heard about a ten year old down syndrome child being took from her parents. Words fail me.

mrdeeds

Turns out the father of the ten year old down syndrome girl is a legal American citizen.

trailer

History has shown that fascism starts slowly. It's the political oppositions fault, the migrants fault, it's the poor, the sub classes.
America the land of the free, the home of the brave. It's become the land of the imprisoned, the land of the cowards.

Hardy

Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2018, 09:43:45 AM
History has shown that fascism starts slowly. It's the political oppositions fault, the migrants fault, it's the poor, the sub classes.
America the land of the free, the home of the brave. It's become the land of the imprisoned, the land of the cowards.

Exactly, but in America now it's not moving as slowly as it did, say, in Germany, Italy and Spain in the thirties or in Italy, Hungary and Poland today. It's accelerating appreciably now with the othering of all opponents, the rounding up of innocents, the cult of personality that has already seduced a cohort more devoted to the Idiot-King the more outrageous he gets, the fomenting of disputes with allies, the sidling up to like-minded demagogues, and the attacks on journalists and media. The classic process of building the pillars of the ultra right is in full swing now - promote unwarranted fear of almost randomly selected others, instil hatred of those others and present yourself and your ideology as the solution to those fears.

I sometimes fear that people might think that fascism arrives in fancy dress worn by grotesques and monsters as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis. Fascism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you...It doesn't walk in saying, "Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  - Michael Rosen

whitey

Quote from: Hardy on June 20, 2018, 10:44:00 AM

Exactly, but in America now it's not moving as slowly as it did, say, in Germany, Italy and Spain in the thirties or in Italy, Hungary and Poland today. It's accelerating appreciably now with the othering of all opponents, the rounding up of innocents, the cult of personality that has already seduced a cohort more devoted to the Idiot-King the more outrageous he gets, the fomenting of disputes with allies, the sidling up to like-minded demagogues, and the attacks on journalists and media. The classic process of building the pillars of the ultra right is in full swing now - promote unwarranted fear of almost randomly selected others, instil hatred of those others and present yourself and your ideology as the solution to those fears.

I sometimes fear that people might think that fascism arrives in fancy dress worn by grotesques and monsters as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis. Fascism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you...It doesn't walk in saying, "Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  - Michael Rosen

You guys are swallowing all  the propaganda hook line and sinker

Close to 90% of all minors currently in detention came across on their own or with someone other than a parent or legal guardian

How the hell can a border patrol agent even verify that a minor child with an adult (without any papers)  has any legitimate relationship with that child?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-border-patrol-dna-20180508-htmlstory.html

Hardy

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 12:05:28 PM

- Michael Rosen

Close to 90% of all minors currently in detention came across on their own or with someone other than a parent or legal guardian

How the hell can a border patrol agent even verify that a minor child with an adult (without any papers)  has any legitimate relationship with that child?

Carry on. You seem to be happy to accept the mantle of c**t. The only people who disagree with you are myself, the UNHCR, the UN refugee agency, the majority of EU heads of government and 65% of Americans.

whitey

Haha-Believe whatever you want.

Let's see if the Democrats are serious about fixing the problem or if they're happy to continue using these people as pawns to hammer Trump

We have no fvckin idea who's crossing the border and that needs to end. A few years ago a "teenager" who was enrolled in school actually ended up being 25years old. Would you like your 12 year old daughter or son going to school with a 25 year old man who no one knows nothing about.

I know, I sure as hell wouldn't and if you think that's rascist, well good for you

sid waddell

Says the most gullible sheep on the forum. Lolzers.

sid waddell

Quote from: Hardy on June 20, 2018, 12:23:07 PM

- Michael Rosen

Carry on. You seem to be happy to accept the mantle of c**t. The only people who disagree with you are myself, the UNHCR, the UN refugee agency, the majority of EU heads of government and 65% of Americans.
You forgot to put the word "racist" in front of "c**t".

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 12:30:42 PM
Haha-Believe whatever you want.

Let's see if the Democrats are serious about fixing the problem or if they're happy to continue using these people as pawns to hammer Trump

We have no fvckin idea who's crossing the border and that needs to end. A few years ago a "teenager" who was enrolled in school actually ended up being 25years old. Would you like your 12 year old daughter or son going to school with a 25 year old man who no one knows nothing about.

I know, I sure as hell wouldn't and if you think that's rascist, well good for you

I'm pretty sure you've got this the wrong way round . . . it's the Whitehouse policy to do this so obviously they're looking for something in return from the Dems to make it stop!!

But the GOP control the Whitehouse and Congress so all the shit they're getting is more than well deserved!!