Lurgan

Started by seafoid, March 02, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

They ran out of ice cream yesterday.  Great to see them doing so well!
Keep 'er lit

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 08, 2019, 08:16:23 AM

I was in Blackrock yesterday with the kids and the queue for Ice cream everywhere was unreal....the Whippy machine where we got it had to be shut off as the motor had overheated!

illdecide

Yeah, that was so disappointing as the queue was massive and to turn people away was not good. The reality is it's difficult to make it and get ahead of ourselves as it's being sold at the rate of making it...hard, hard work btw.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Gs Man

No better man for the job!
Keep 'er lit

johnnycool

Quote from: illdecide on July 08, 2019, 12:12:55 PM

Yeah, that was so disappointing as the queue was massive and to turn people away was not good. The reality is it's difficult to make it and get ahead of ourselves as it's being sold at the rate of making it...hard, hard work btw.

Slaughtered;

Eamonnca1

Where's the new ice cream parlour? I hear they closed the Carnegie St. cafe.

lurganblue

Church place. Up a bit from the vintage. I'll wait till the queue settles before paying a visit so

Eamonnca1

What about that bar that was burned? The roof was still missing from that building last time I looked. And there was another missing tooth up the street where the old Stereovision used to be, another gap in the buildings. Awful looking.

Eamonnca1

I hear the town is full of Covid. Somebody in the Eurospar on the Portadown road was supposed to have tested positive, somebody in Tesco, and apparently some footballers from the Peters had a house party and now that's been a spreading event. Anybody hear that?

JimStynes

Old news now. Half the town has had and from what I've seen, not a single one showing symptoms at all.

Rois

Moved to Lurgan last month (eventually), and there's been a hike in dissident activity and Covid infections since then. Perfect timing  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 31, 2020, 06:44:13 PM
I hear the town is full of Covid. Somebody in the Eurospar on the Portadown road was supposed to have tested positive, somebody in Tesco, and apparently some footballers from the Peters had a house party and now that's been a spreading event. Anybody hear that?

f**k sake, I was in thon Tesco on Friday. None of those Spadetown backstards better not have given me this feckin' thing!

Tony Baloney

At this stage most towns are seeing it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rois on August 31, 2020, 08:54:12 PM
Moved to Lurgan last month (eventually), and there's been a hike in dissident activity and Covid infections since then. Perfect timing  ;D

What's up with the dizzies? Was it them that burned out the delivery van on the tracks at Lake St.? Or just random young gulpins with too much to drink?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rois on August 31, 2020, 08:54:12 PM

Funny Fortwilliam has gotten an awful lot quieter.....hmmmm? ;D