Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo, Healy Park, March 26th @3pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 19, 2017, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 23, 2017, 10:58:00 PM
What's the chances of seeing either Aiden or Seamus O'Se on Sunday? I believe they lined out for their club recently.

Big, it seems, with both having participated for their club Breaffy in their last game out -- bring them on! :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 23, 2017, 11:34:13 PM
What's the chances of seeing either Aiden or Seamus O'Se on Sunday? I believe they lined out for their club recently.

Big, it seems, with both having participated for their club Breaffy in their last game out -- bring them on! :)

Was Seamy injured over the winter or why is he only returning now?

What's the story with Aiden? I see he was playing basketball over the winter so I'd assume he wasn't carrying an injury and has basically been taking a break until now? What is the thinking there, Aiden is only a young man of 26 and I can't understand why he'd need such an elongated break over the Winter. As it stands he will only play two games now before Mayo begin the championship and after not playing all year up until now I'd be surprised if he starts on Sunday. Can't imagine it would be good for morale in the Mayo set up if one of their best players and talisman decides he can't be bothered lining out for the team for half the season.

Crete Boom

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on March 24, 2017, 10:47:32 AM

What's the story with Aiden? I see he was playing basketball over the winter so I'd assume he wasn't carrying an injury and has basically been taking a break until now? What is the thinking there, Aiden is only a young man of 26 and I can't understand why he'd need such an elongated break over the Winter. As it stands he will only play two games now before Mayo begin the championship and after not playing all year up until now I'd be surprised if he starts on Sunday. Can't imagine it would be good for morale in the Mayo set up if one of their best players and talisman decides he can't be bothered lining out for the team for half the season.

AOS got injured playing basketball in Feb and I think Seamí was carrying an injury last season and had an op over the winter to cure it which has kept him out until now.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 24, 2017, 10:53:44 AM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on March 24, 2017, 10:47:32 AM

AOS got injured playing basketball in Feb and I think Seamí was carrying an injury last season and had an op over the winter to cure it which has kept him out until now.

Fair enough, that explains that. I'd still question the wisdom of a serious intercounty footballer playing basketball in February though..

From the Bunker

Both Seamie and Aido were injured! Seamie played the All Ireland Replay with a torn groin AFAIK. Aido got injured playing Basketball. No point in rushing them back? We know what they have to offer and giving squad players game time is more important. It's all about getting ready for the Summer!

Aido was playing Basketball pre-christmas. I was told he was encouraged by Management to play. The theory is it could improve his control and laying off the ball in tight situations.

Farrandeelin

Rois

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 24, 2017, 12:48:19 PM
I have a funny feeling Mayo might win this one.
After the Donegal game last week, I have a similar feeling. 

Fuzzman

The last 3 league fixtures between the sides were all won by Tyrone
2013 Mayo    1.11 - 1.12 Tyrone
2014 Tyrone 2.15 – 0.15   Mayo
2015 Mayo    1.07 - 1.11 Tyrone

Mickey has named probably our strongest team and it will be good to see Sludden getting back to the sort of form he started the league with. Mattie will probably be feeling a bit frustrated having not really played well in the FF line as yet. I would expect a reaction from the lads after such a poor showing last week away to Donegal and they know if they've any chance of appearing in a league final they gotta win this one.
I wonder will Keegan be marking Sean again this time?

thebuzz

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 23, 2017, 11:32:47 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 23, 2017, 11:27:49 PM
What's Cabhan an Chaorthainn in English?

Pomeroy, you incorrigible anglophone! ;)

My brother lives at Altmore and his sons used to play for Pomeroy. I'd have to give the benefit of the doubt to Farrandeelin because I didn't know either.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: thebuzz on March 24, 2017, 03:35:18 PM

My brother lives at Altmore and his sons used to play for Pomeroy. I'd have to give the benefit of the doubt to Farrandeelin because I didn't know either.

More from wikipedia giving a better answer:

Cavanakeeran (Irish: Cabhan an Chaorthainn (Hill of the rowan tree) is a townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is situated in the historic barony of Dungannon Middle and the civil parish of Pomeroy and covers an area of 894 acres.

The town of Pomeroy itself is situated in Cavanakeeran.

Dire Ear

Think Meyler and McNulty could be v close to making the championship team

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 24, 2017, 04:35:37 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on March 24, 2017, 03:35:18 PM

More from wikipedia giving a better answer:

Cavanakeeran (Irish: Cabhan an Chaorthainn (Hill of the rowan tree) is a townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is situated in the historic barony of Dungannon Middle and the civil parish of Pomeroy and covers an area of 894 acres.

The town of Pomeroy itself is situated in Cavanakeeran.

Nice to learn the placenames and why they're named the way they are.