Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdg

The treatment of RGU is a joke

Mourne Red

Quote from: Frankie123 on August 30, 2020, 09:49:17 PM
Original fixture last Monday was cancelled at carryduff's request and rescheduled for Wednesday at carryduffs request.  The rescheduled fixture  was cancelled at Carryduff's request.  I ask again, why Carryduff are in the draw and not the RGU?  The second cancellation occurred before any mention of coronavirus

Not part of Carryduff or County Board just giving out my opinion on why they were kicked out, that's what I thought the reason was for.. If you want answers coming on a forum you're not in the right place I'd say you should ask your club chairman to contact the county board and get an answer from them

Centre 3/4

Quote from: Frankie123 on August 30, 2020, 09:49:17 PM
Original fixture last Monday was cancelled at carryduff's request and rescheduled for Wednesday at carryduffs request.  The rescheduled fixture  was cancelled at Carryduff's request.  I ask again, why Carryduff are in the draw and not the RGU?  The second cancellation occurred before any mention of coronavirus
The PHA cancelled Friday's game and shut downpatrick down. If clubs get corona virus outbreaks that is obviously more serious than football

Smurfy123

Carryduff cancelled Monday and Wednesdays. Yes they had a death but what was the reason to cancel the match Wednesday. RGU got to feel hard done by here they have too
Unfortunately for Burren McKernan and O Hare have been coming to an end this while. O Hare still get you 5/6 frees but from general play is not getting many scores.

Centre 3/4

If the RGU lads who tested positive for covid/ squad members they were in contact with had played Monday/Wednesday both clubs would be shut for two weeks and lads would've been putting others at risk

Sandstorm

Great game. Why don't the begrudgers accept the result? From what I could see on line McGoverns couldn't take the beating and struck out at lads offering to shake hands. Faloon may well have motivated Kilcoo.

Smurfy123

They hadn't tested positive Monday or Wednesday so wouldn't have been at any risk to anyone
The question now must be asked why was the game cancelled on Wednesday at Carryduffs request?
Downpatrick have to feel hard done by

Centre 3/4

Well they apparently contracted it last weekend at a house party so they would've still had it regardless of a test. The game should never have been scheduled on Wednesday

Targetman

Good first half but poor enough second half, Kilcoo just squeezed the life out of Burren who were somewhat clueless when it came to the final third of the pitch, things got nasty enough after the final whistle with the referee amazingly showing 1 red card to Shay Mc Ardle, I was at the game and definitely think there was more than 400 there!

Godsown

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on August 30, 2020, 10:34:19 PM
Well they apparently contracted it last weekend at a house party so they would've still had it regardless of a test. The game should never have been scheduled on Wednesday

How can you come on here spoofing and lying like that. Was talking to some of the guys on Friday and that is bullshit

Smurfy123

Why should the match not have been scheduled for Wednesday?

sdg

Centre 3/4

Look for reasons personal to the club. The game ideally should be RGU v Carryduff on Tuesday night in Newry and push the rest back a week. Dont see what harm that would do

Smurfy123

But you said the match shouldn't have been fives for Wednesday??
Why not Wednesday?
Why did Carryduff not play Wednesday?

Centre 3/4