Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Be interesting to see the ref report, if he was within earshot of what was said to spark this off..

That said, this does nothing for the sport and the only time the GAA in the  North is in the news is generally for  on field pitch battles rather than what it does for the local towns and villages up and down the country

If you have a grievance with what's been said, go meet the guy and have a ding dong with him on his own
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WT4E

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 03, 2023, 07:47:14 AM
Quote from: Lotto on October 02, 2023, 07:37:15 PMI'm hearing there may have been justification for throwing a few slaps last night. Disgusting mouthing from the county champions if true.

if what I have heard is true then yeah, the Clonduff boys will feel that was justification

Can I get a DM of what was said?

samuel maguire

f**k me someone have a set of balls and post what was said

lurganblue

The jist of it in my understanding is that some lad has a family member who suffered abuse as a youngster and some players allegedly commented on this.

I see the club has posted a statement in this regard.

Armagh18

Quote from: lurganblue on October 03, 2023, 09:42:55 AMThe jist of it in my understanding is that some lad has a family member who suffered abuse as a youngster and some players allegedly commented on this.

I see the club has posted a statement in this regard.
Would well believe they'd say that sort of thing.

5times5times

Racial abuse vs Crossmaglen
Partner + family sledging vs Glen (watch Glass's interview)
Child abuse sledging vs a particular Down referee
Child abuse sledging vs Clonduff
Deceased family member sledging vs Mayobridge

But poor Kilcoo. Always the victims, it's never their fault

Armagh18

Tyrone boys wouldn't even be that low

statto

Quote from: 5times5times on October 03, 2023, 10:06:20 AMRacial abuse vs Crossmaglen
Partner + family sledging vs Glen (watch Glass's interview)
Child abuse sledging vs a particular Down referee
Child abuse sledging vs Clonduff

But poor Kilcoo. Always the victims, it's never their fault
Also abuse in relation to a dead grandmother of a Mayobridge player a few years ago too.  Think was also family sledging to Aidan Forker when they played Maghery a few years back. 

samuel maguire

There can be no smoke without a fire. The general consensus around the county and further afield is that Kilcoo are a bunch of scumbags. I am taking away nothing from the quality of footballers they have

tonto1888

Quote from: samuel maguire on October 03, 2023, 10:56:23 AMThere can be no smoke without a fire. The general consensus around the county and further afield is that Kilcoo are a bunch of scumbags. I am taking away nothing from the quality of footballers they have

its a shame they resort to that as they are good enough to not need to

Wildweasel74

I thought it was common knowledge, that this is on their repertoire. Plenty chat outside Down, about them, am sure those within down football who watch league and championship football over the years, would have more ears to the ground on the way this outfit gets on.

Eire90

its a new level of low if they are stalking peoples social media profiles to use for sledging porposes.

johnnycool

Quote from: Eire90 on October 03, 2023, 02:28:50 PMits a new level of low if they are stalking peoples social media profiles to use for sledging porposes.

This isn't a new thing and it's certainly not specific to Kilcoo, nor Down.

One of our lads was targeted a good few years back against a South Derry team about his ma, girlfriends títs etc etc obviously from SM, it didn't end there and followed on to the Hatfield later that night, but the lad in question got his comeuppance on the Monday morning and wasn't so brave when it was a one-on-one.

Loose lips cause teeth to get knocked out and all that!

brokencrossbar1

f**k sake does it never end?  Of course Kilcoo will deny it but they are not coming from the highest of moral high grounds. Happened when I played too,  giving and receiving. The worst I got though was away off ye black bastard and the worst I gave was tell your Ma I'll get my shoes later type thing (generally in response to a similar type jibe in fairness). If what is alleged to have been said was said then the countries screwed. Sad state altogether

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on October 03, 2023, 02:56:18 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on October 03, 2023, 02:28:50 PMits a new level of low if they are stalking peoples social media profiles to use for sledging porposes.

This isn't a new thing and it's certainly not specific to Kilcoo, nor Down.

One of our lads was targeted a good few years back against a South Derry team about his ma, girlfriends títs etc etc obviously from SM, it didn't end there and followed on to the Hatfield later that night, but the lad in question got his comeuppance on the Monday morning and wasn't so brave when it was a one-on-one.

Loose lips cause teeth to get knocked out and all that!

Easily solved in this day and age, equip each player with a microphone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B