The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

I didn't see the show but Myles haven't Sinn Féin use the terms unfortunate and wrong during the troubles to get around using the word condemnation. The victim certainly is a better man than most.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 06, 2010, 10:52:35 AM
I didn't see the show but Myles haven't Sinn Féin use the terms unfortunate and wrong during the troubles to get around using the word condemnation. The victim certainly is a better man than most.

Don't recall Sinn Fein ever having shot anyone as an organisation. I presume you mean to substitute the IRA for SF in your statement. Indeed they have done and wrongly so but they have since apologised for the hurt they have caused. This man hid behind the fact he was a soldier to justify what he did and what he did was fire a plastic bullet into a group of kids. He even justified last night the action of doing it by claiming hardly any serious injury is/was caused by plastic bullets last night, when anyone with half a brain knows that is bullshit.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 05, 2010, 11:16:07 PM
Any of ye see the soldier and the man be blinded with a plastic bullet. He shot into a crowd of what he called stone throwers and blinded a 10 year old boy in 1972, the boy who is now a man forgives him and is friends with him. The victim in this must be a better man than me cos that Brit Soldier came across to me as a condescending, arrogant w**ker who could not even express guilt about what he done. I'd love to see him get a good hammering.

Certain irony to that reply as his victim can forgive him but not you Myles... peace how are you? The Brit said a lot of things that were positive and he did say he regretted it. Maybe sometimes that is the best you'll get on both sides and Richard Moore has accepted it.
That was a snapshot of the relationship betwen these two men. At one stage Richard Moore went in to defend the soldier when Tubrity challenged him so their friendship is sound and probably based on more than came across last night. Not one to defend the Brits but if it is good enough for his victim...     

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 06, 2010, 11:03:47 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 06, 2010, 10:52:35 AM

Don't recall Sinn Fein ever having shot anyone as an organisation. I presume you mean to substitute the IRA for SF in your statement. Indeed they have done and wrongly so but they have since apologised for the hurt they have caused. This man hid behind the fact he was a soldier to justify what he did and what he did was fire a plastic bullet into a group of kids. He even justified last night the action of doing it by claiming hardly any serious injury is/was caused by plastic bullets last night, when anyone with half a brain knows that is bullshit.
I never said SF shot anyone although we could get into that. I said that SF used very similar terms that you described at "typical Brit language". That is all.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 06, 2010, 11:27:45 AM
Any of ye see the soldier and the man be blinded with a plastic bullet. He shot into a crowd of what he called stone throwers and blinded a 10 year old boy in 1972, the boy who is now a man forgives him and is friends with him. The victim in this must be a better man than me cos that Brit Soldier came across to me as a condescending, arrogant w**ker who could not even express guilt about what he done. I'd love to see him get a good hammering.

Certain irony to that reply as his victim can forgive him but not you Myles... peace how are you? The Brit said a lot of things that were positive and he did say he regretted it. Maybe sometimes that is the best you'll get on both sides and Richard Moore has accepted it.
That was a snapshot of the relationship betwen these two men. At one stage Richard Moore went in to defend the soldier when Tubrity challenged him so their friendship is sound and probably based on more than came across last night. Not one to defend the Brits but if it is good enough for his victim...   

Look Richard Moore is entitled forgive him if he wants, thats his business. What I am saying is that the man made excuses for shooting at children and he still does. That is not remorse. I don't "forgive" people that have no remorse. Do you forgive Paedophille priests just cos one of their victims might? People who attack children are scumbags imo, just like the IRA men who blew up mountbatten when he had kids on his boat.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 06, 2010, 01:12:37 PM

Look Richard Moore is entitled forgive him if he wants, thats his business. What I am saying is that the man made excuses for shooting at children and he still does. That is not remorse. I don't "forgive" people that have no remorse. Do you forgive Paedophille priests just cos one of their victims might? People who attack children are scumbags imo, just like the IRA men who blew up mountbatten when he had kids on his boat.

I just find your rage and call for violence a bit strange from someone who has no time for injustice. Live in peace or I'll batter f** out of you  ::)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 06, 2010, 03:20:42 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 06, 2010, 01:12:37 PM

I just find your rage and call for violence a bit strange from someone who has no time for injustice. Live in peace or I'll batter f** out of you  ::)

Well if you can point out in this case how and when justice was served I'll remove my reference to battering him.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

It was great to see George Hook show that Tubridy tool up for the Fianna Fail p***k he is last night. Truridy wasn't expecting George to take him up on it, so didn't load the audience with Fianna Fail dinosaurs, the crowd loved it when he blamed Bertie for all. Well done Hook boy, ya stuck it to Bertie and crew.

He also talked very passionatly about Haiti and a nice bit of film on him in Haiti.

George is on from 33 minutes on.

Also loved it when Janet Dickenson asked him about the family, Tubridy nearly crawled under his toadstool, ha ha, loved it.

For the lads who missed the bit with the lad from Derry and the British soldier its at 49.30

The saturdays are at 45.30 if You want to see some fine legs.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ballinaman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 06, 2010, 05:28:13 PM
It was great to see George Hook show that Tubridy tool up for the Fianna Fail p***k he is last night. Truridy wasn't expecting George to take him up on it, so didn't load the audience with Fianna Fail dinosaurs, the crowd loved it when he blamed Bertie for all. Well done Hook boy, ya stuck it to Bertie and crew.
Hook spoke passionately alright and in fairness to him, he has his views and he is entitled to him....however, he is a fat bollox who needs a good slappin followed by a steel capped kick up the hole.

sammymaguire

Quote from: ballinaman on February 06, 2010, 05:51:30 PM
Hook spoke passionately alright and in fairness to him, he has his views and he is entitled to him....however, he is a fat bollox who needs a good slappin.

agree fully
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mylestheslasher

Hook spoke passionately alright and in fairness to him, he has his views and he is entitled to him....however, he is a fat bollox who needs a good slappin followed by a steel capped kick up the hole.

Careful - Fox will be after you for that statement ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

A yes in the Fianna Fail dictatorship all those that question the views of the FF Politburo or the Lord Haw Haw aka Ryan Tubridy shall get a good slappin followed by a steel capped kick up the hole.

Bertie

Brian sitting for his new National Gallery pic.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ballinaman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 06, 2010, 06:02:14 PM

Careful - Fox will be after you for that statement ;)
Aye but that would be the last act of violence that i would condone, for the greater good in fairness.

Farrandeelin

Now now mayogodhelpya... Dictatorship did I hear you say? Where is there a dictatorship? Certainly not in this country. How's Enda Kenny these days? Where is he? MWR are trying to get through to him but he won't answer his phone? Running scared? He's a shite opposition leader.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2010, 06:18:56 PM
Now now mayogodhelpya... Dictatorship did I hear you say? Where is there a dictatorship? Certainly not in this country. How's Enda Kenny these days? Where is he? MWR are trying to get through to him but he won't answer his phone? Running scared? He's a shite opposition leader.

Enda is getting himself airbrushed. Last time I saw a picture of him in Mayo he looked about 20.