26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Itchy

Quote from: weareros on January 28, 2020, 12:07:43 PM
All shite. Private school educated Mary Lou acting all working class always good for a laugh. Howlin interrupts and saves her from the hard questions on SCC. How's that ex councilor who was big buddies with Hutch gang doing these days? I'm sure the AC will have their backs given they supplied them with the weapons.

Whats where she got educated with got to do with her empathy or dedication for the working class? Check your history if you think that's a barrier.

Hard questions on SCC? That is the greatest load of shite I ever heard coming from a national paper and was clearly a set up with FF & FG, just like RTE trying to get SF out of the debates, just like the Indo wheeling out Tobin. You can dislike SF and their policies as is your right but if you cannot see through what is happening in the media palling up to the two big cash cow parties then you are simply stupid.

weareros

Quote from: Itchy on January 28, 2020, 12:13:19 PM
All shite. Private school educated Mary Lou acting all working class always good for a laugh. Howlin interrupts and saves her from the hard questions on SCC. How's that ex councilor who was big buddies with Hutch gang doing these days? I'm sure the AC will have their backs given they supplied them with the weapons.

Whats where she got educated with got to do with her empathy or dedication for the working class? Check your history if you think that's a barrier.

Hard questions on SCC? That is the greatest load of shite I ever heard coming from a national paper and was clearly a set up with FF & FG, just like RTE trying to get SF out of the debates, just like the Indo wheeling out Tobin. You can dislike SF and their policies as is your right but if you cannot see through what is happening in the media palling up to the two big cash cow parties then you are simply stupid.

Was referring to SF calling other party leaders posh boys when one is the son of a bus driver and the other immigrants? Education nothing to do with it so long as you don't typecast others when you yourself are well heeled. And less of the personal insults. The relation between IRA, some members of Sinn Fein and some drug gangs in Ireland is public domain if you do some research. People have a right to be concerned that people who cheered the killers of Garda at Ard Dheis are making decisions for government that could be in charge of Gardai and future of SCC.

Rossfan

Arra Ros sure doesn't everyone, except you, know that Sinn Féin are always right about everything all the time.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Well to a degree it has when Ógra Shinn Féin put out on their official Twitter last night "Good on ML putting the manner on the posh boys". Also  SF cant cry about their treatment and not expect the Toibin story to get coverage. Mary Lou did not perform well last night for a leader in opposition she should have all the aces, put flattered to deceive, no concrete answers, just "well what about this and that" . She talks about problems wit no real solutions. Anyone can say lets build 100k houses

Itchy

Quote from: weareros on January 28, 2020, 12:49:45 PM

Was referring to SF calling other party leaders posh boys when one is the son of a bus driver and the other immigrants? Education nothing to do with it so long as you don't typecast others when you yourself are well heeled. And less of the personal insults. The relation between IRA, some members of Sinn Fein and some drug gangs in Ireland is public domain if you do some research. People have a right to be concerned that people who cheered the killers of Garda at Ard Dheis are making decisions for government that could be in charge of Gardai and future of SCC.

What are SF as a party links to the drug gangs. If you are talking about 1 bad apple in a party then that is hardly a reflection on the whole party. For balance I would like to understand the links between FF and FG to big business, lobby groups, groups that avoid tax, media groups etc. Where are our gallant independent media to remind us of those - you know the white collar crime that no one gets held accountable for?

Angelo

Didn't think Mary Lou was great last night, few big speeches but little in the way of policy which let her down. She did land a few knockout blows to Martin though who had a car crash night.

Thought Varadkar was the real winner, Boyd Barrett did well too.

Rossfan is one of those lads who is a silent FF/FG voter. He will tell everyone he doesn't vote for them but will be ticking their box as soon as he gets into the voting hall. Bizarrely he only seems to criticise SF when the establishment parties have utterly decimated his own state with their greed and self-interest.

You'd have to be some simpleton to vote FF.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Itchy on January 28, 2020, 11:04:40 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 28, 2020, 10:25:30 AM
According to the Indo this morning, Martiin was the clear winner, (7/10) followed by Mary Lou. (6/10)
Leo (5/10) comes next with Howlin and Boyd Barrett both on 4/10, Ryan on 3/10 and Shortall on 2/10.

Good old Indo, embarrassing themselves yet again. How anyone could listen to Martin and think he won and/or would make a good Taoiseach - well basically you would just have to be die hard Finna Failer.
The Indo have yet to publish a poll. I hear a rumour that they don't like the polls but the polling company wont jigger it to be more indo friendly

yellowcard

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 28, 2020, 10:25:30 AM
According to the Indo this morning, Martiin was the clear winner, (7/10) followed by Mary Lou. (6/10)
Leo (5/10) comes next with Howlin and Boyd Barrett both on 4/10, Ryan on 3/10 and Shortall on 2/10.

Honestly don't know how anybody could claim that Micheal Martin was the winner. His strength is normally his debating skills but he definitely didn't give a good performance last night. I thought Boyd Barrett was much better than 4/10. Mary Lou produced plenty of bluster but no real substance and I'm not sure she outlined any credible plan to solve the housing crisis. Bizarre that the debate barely covered the crisis in health. Overall, I don't really see how the debate would sway your opinion to vote in any manner. I think there will be a clear establishment (FG/FF) v anti establishment (others) split in the voting patterns. 

Rossfan

Quote from: Angelo on January 28, 2020, 03:10:44 PM
Didn't think Mary Lou was great last night, few big speeches but little in the way of policy which let her down. She did land a few knockout blows to Martin though who had a car crash night.

Rossfan is one of those lads who is a silent FF/FG voter. He will tell everyone he doesn't vote for them but will be ticking their box as soon as he gets into the voting hall. Bizarrely he only seems to criticise SF when the establishment parties have utterly decimated his own state with their greed and self-interest.

Listen buck you have no idea who I'm going to vote for so less of the immature stereotyping.
I'll be giving Greens 1, Fitzmaurice 2, Naughten 3, SDP 4 and the rest can take a running jump at themselves.

armaghniac

It is once again clear that SF have zero interest in a United Ireland. In the debate, Varadkar noted that SF had voted for he pension age in NI should be 66 while advocating reducing it to 65 in the 26 counties.
Unification has now become an economic issue as much as anything, yet SF keep cranking up public expenditure in a way that makes unification unaffordable.

As for Martin, he didn't do great but he only had to ensure that he didn't trip up. People believe that FF will build more houses than FG without taxing the bejaysus out of everyone and that alone will improve their position.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

How are FF and FG, now that they've suddenly lurched to the left, going to pay for the 50k/60k Social Houses (€10Bn/€12Bn)?
How many did the build since May 2016 when they started their Governing arrangement together?
Meanwhile the Shinners are going to build 100,000 houses for €6.5Bn . That's €65k per house by my maths.

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2020, 04:25:10 PM

Listen buck you have no idea who I'm going to vote for so less of the immature stereotyping.
I'll be giving Greens 1, Fitzmaurice 2, Naughten 3, SDP 4 and the rest can take a running jump at themselves.

That's what you're telling us but it's easy to see what's behind the veil and that's an establishment shill who will vote for some self serving FF/FG regardless of ideology/policy/reform.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2020, 05:04:08 PM
How are FF and FG, now that they've suddenly lurched to the left, going to pay for the 50k/60k Social Houses (€10Bn/€12Bn)?
How many did the build since May 2016 when they started their Governing arrangement together?
Meanwhile the Shinners are going to build 100,000 houses for €6.5Bn . That's €65k per house by my maths.

All of these plans rely on using "state owned land" and assigning it no value. Some of these houses will be sold to favoured people for construction cost only.
The problem with this is you end up with no land and no real solution to the general problem. This may be justified in the short term but it does not put the housing market on a long term basis.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Varadkar did well playing the quiet card alright.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Angelo on January 28, 2020, 05:44:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2020, 04:25:10 PM

That's what you're telling us but it's easy to see what's behind the veil and that's an establishment shill who will vote for some self serving FF/FG regardless of ideology/policy/reform.
Will you stop making a bigger clown of yourself than you already have been doing.