Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGiantSquid

The two Comerfords for the record are from the Slieve Margy area and not Durrow/Culahill.. It is on this basis I thought Ballyroan might tap them up.

South Laois man

The two Comerfords are actually living in Cullahill.

Jd

Not sure it's proper and right to keep linking Ballyroan  to these lads I don't think there's  any suggestion  that they have looked for them.  Also I believe  that they are originally  from Crettyard  direction but moved to Durrow  as their dad is a hurling fanatic so maybe if they really wanted to move then Cretty  might be the most likely  beneficiaries

Don Draper

Quote from: Jd on December 03, 2018, 11:54:18 AM
Absolutely  and he didn't  get his transfer.  Instead he had a very good year with Camross  in the junior  this year.  Would you prefer  if he had gone to Portlaoise  and maybe be a sub on their team or remain with his home club and possibly  lead them to a league or championship win at whatever  level.  If the top players go then football dies in traditionally hurling areas and thus no young fellas are gonna come through.
You held him up as an example, I pointed out he put in one of the worst transfer requests seen in Laois GAA

Jd

And I didn't   disagree  with you.  I simply stated that he didn't  get his transfer and was very good at junior last year and possibly  wouldn't have gotten on so well if his transfer had gone through  to Portlaoise. I'm sick of the elitism  in County  football  and would hate to see club football go the same way where if you're  any good you are almost expected  to transfer to the big clubs rather than stick with your  own.   

Don Draper

Quote from: Jd on December 03, 2018, 10:43:25 PM
And I didn't   disagree  with you.  I simply stated that he didn't  get his transfer and was very good at junior last year and possibly  wouldn't have gotten on so well if his transfer had gone through  to Portlaoise. I'm sick of the elitism  in County  football  and would hate to see club football go the same way where if you're  any good you are almost expected  to transfer to the big clubs rather than stick with your  own.
I agree, but at the same time, they don't give a fiddlers f**k about football in Camross and he's be as well off away from them if he does.

Jd

I see what you're  saying but the implications  for all hurling clubs with a good footballer or two are the same as this situation.  We can't allow small clubs to be pillaged by bigger clubs just so they can have all the strongest players.  I think it was yourself was scathing of Josephs in the Daly  affair and I agree 100% but these hurling clubs are of a similar size to Barrowhouse football wise and should retain their best players  too

Don Draper

Quote from: Jd on December 04, 2018, 08:52:57 PM
I see what you're  saying but the implications  for all hurling clubs with a good footballer or two are the same as this situation.  We can't allow small clubs to be pillaged by bigger clubs just so they can have all the strongest players.  I think it was yourself was scathing of Josephs in the Daly  affair and I agree 100% but these hurling clubs are of a similar size to Barrowhouse football wise and should retain their best players  too
Daly had a football club. Tyrell doesn't. Camross aren't a football club. They barely tolerate it.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Don Draper on December 04, 2018, 09:40:17 PM
Quote from: Jd on December 04, 2018, 08:52:57 PM
Daly had a football club. Tyrell doesn't. Camross aren't a football club. They barely tolerate it.

You're right. More of an MMA club.....

Blow-in

Heard they brought their skills to the Under 21 game the other night in the new Laois grounds. Brockin Reily missed some blatant red cards. Referees need to take a good luck at them selves because they are part of the issues