Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 18, 2023, 09:45:43 PM
Quote from: thejuice on February 18, 2023, 07:13:28 PM
Poor shooting really let us down but ultimately it's disappointing but not all that surprising. No surprise  that we'd get caught out playing the style of play that we've taken but at the same time shot selection and accuracy didn't help at all.

Tv might not have shown it, but there was a strong  breeze, especially at the car park end. Along with rain conditio s were  ot great.
I thought meath were efficient enough with the number of chance they had. But Derry were totally dominant and forced meath to shoot from poor positions.
O'sullivan (I think.....number 10) is a serious footballer. Just did t have enough support.
Derry have certainly stepped up a gear from the last couple of matches. Looked more purposeful going forward, really tight at the back and for the first time this year won the midfield area.
Some very good individual displays, but all round team performance was excellent.  Only very slight criticism is that we should have scored more goals  and we should have used the subs earlier.
I'd be a lot more co fide t about remaining games now with Dublin being the biggest test.

Must be the first time RG has made more than 3 subs in a game,but agree, be nice to see some of the subs getting more game time in preparation for the championship.
That was a game that really needed to be won with the Dubs match on the horizon. Alot of really good performances, McGrogan was rightly MotM but Rogers ran him close, put in a serious shift. Even without McKindless at CHB, we have a serious half back line.
Good spread of scorers, that's what you need in the modern game
Anyone giving out about RG and his hand spitting at this stage has little to be at. He does at and its obviously a nervous tick. He's on record as saying he doesn't even know he's doing it, he's in the zone!

oakleaflad

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2023, 10:59:19 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on February 19, 2023, 08:27:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2023, 04:18:36 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on February 18, 2023, 08:19:23 PM
Quote from: square_ball on February 18, 2023, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 18, 2023, 06:22:02 PM
Quote from: pbat on February 18, 2023, 06:11:25 PM
Ger Canning is stealing a living.

So was Colm O'Rourke as a pundit on RTE for 30 years. Now he's stealing a living as a Manager.

Nonsense. As well qualified as anyone in Meath to be in the job.
He has been given a ringside seat to every top game and team for 15 years or more and still doesn't understand the modern game.
That's bollocks. Meath still have a lot of work to do.

Only person who can call bollocks on that is O'Rourke.
We will see in the next 3 games.
Derry and arrogance look strange together
I don't think it's arrogance. If a junior club side had the tactics Meath had yesterday evening they'd be questioned. Just slicing big high ball into the Derry full back line, aimlessly half the time. On the odd occasion Meath worked the ball a bit closer to goals they looked much more dangerous.

Wildweasel74

Good save by the Dublin keeper, but the cork lad made a balls of that shot.

Wildweasel74

Like see that replay again, lad looked to be on the line when the ball fisted across!

Wildweasel74

Nope, he was well inside on the 2nd replay there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 19, 2023, 04:17:50 PM
Nope, he was well inside on the 2nd replay there.

Well done officials ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

2nd yellow for that is a brutal call.

5times5times

Ref gets his debut on tele and obviously wants to be remembered. Let the game flow ffs.

yellowcard

I think I've watched one of the most bewildering decisions I've seen in a while with the award of that yellow card. The game is completely gone if that's a yellow.

5times5times

Shock the 2 major calls go the way of the Dubs.

First phantom goal disallowed then that shocking 2nd yellow.
Pack it in ref.

Tubberman

Absolutely ridiculous.  I know the ref said it was for 3 fouls, but ffs, a man can't get sent off as a result of a slight jersey tug out on the sideline
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Ref evened it up with another stupid decision
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

SHEEDY

Ref has lost the plot here
nil satis nisi optimum

Kidder81

Mayo Border

Not this referres finest hour