Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Quote from: Under Lights on July 20, 2022, 06:08:00 AM
Confirmed that the 2023 season will be three divisions as is. Top position in league wins league and is promoted. Championship winner is promoted. Bottom two teams are relegated. No playoffs.

Why no playoffs?

Only going to lead to a pile of dead rubber fixtures at end of year.

smort

Quote from: on the sideline on July 20, 2022, 11:12:57 AM
Confirmed that the 2023 season will be three divisions as is. Top position in league wins league and is promoted. Championship winner is promoted. Bottom two teams are relegated. No playoffs.

Why no playoffs?

Having the league finished before championship will help with this

on the sideline

Quote from: smort on July 20, 2022, 11:20:10 AM

Why no playoffs?

Yeah possibly. Or else teams with nothing to play for will save men for championship, understandably, resulting in more or less dead rubbers still.

Was it not in the proposals voted for at start of the year that there were to be be playoffs if we stick with status quo?

marty34

Quote from: smort on July 20, 2022, 11:20:10 AM

Why no playoffs?

Yeah, that's the way to go. Finish the league off first and make sure all the games are played.

Then start championship 2 weeks later. All teams on a level footing then.

To play league games after teams are knocked out of the championship is impossible and with promotion/relegation involved, more than likely it'll cause a handling.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 20, 2022, 12:20:34 PM

Well that sucks - the indication given at the start of the league was that there would be play-offs. Given our current form, I'd have been looking at us aiming to finish in a promotion play-off spot i.e. top 6. But now there's no point bothering about the league. Only games involving Stewartstown, Aghaloo & Strabane now realistically matter in Division 3, for everyone else it's eight more rounds of league games to warm up for the championship.

Where did you see this confirmation? I was also understanding playoffs would return if retention of 3 divisions.

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 20, 2022, 12:20:34 PM

Well that sucks - the indication given at the start of the league was that there would be play-offs. Given our current form, I'd have been looking at us aiming to finish in a promotion play-off spot i.e. top 6. But now there's no point bothering about the league. Only games involving Stewartstown, Aghaloo & Strabane now realistically matter in Division 3, for everyone else it's eight more rounds of league games to warm up for the championship.

Playoffs remain in 2022 mate, its 2023 I'm talking about

Mikhailov

Have said on here before few times that a Junior B is needed. Then Junior A can have 2 spots up snd 1 spot down to Junior B. Keeps every team competitive - too many hammerings in Div 3.

Under Lights

Four divisions was the correct way to go but was voted down by the clubs. 4 divisions would be very competitive. Three championships where D1 and and top half D2 play senior. Intermediate bottom hald D2 and top half D3. Junior bottom half D3 and D4.
No dead rubbers there

Under Lights

Real issues with the supply of referees it seems with a number of reserve games falling victim this evening.

Under Lights

Heard Ryan Daly, Carrickmore coach, was assaulted by a Loughmacrory sub last night. Anyone at the game able to comment first hand info?

Tyrone95

Quote from: Under Lights on July 23, 2022, 07:51:22 AM
Heard Ryan Daly, Carrickmore coach, was assaulted by a Loughmacrory sub last night. Anyone at the game able to comment first hand info?

From our vantage point it certainly looked like an individual came out from the bench area who wasn't togged out and punched Ryan. I won't comment on any names, perhaps leave that to others but it certainly caused some unsavoury scenes in the aftermath. Ruined what I thought was quite a fair game but on the other hand it gifted Carmen the win as the man in the middle sent off loughmacrory keeper who was about to hit the free kick and hopped the ball.  Always nice taking 2 of the neighbours 😉

Under Lights

Heard it was....

Edit by Mod5:  better to leave names out of it, especially when only hearsay.

Tyrone2021

No need for names being posted, great game ruined by the end. Definitely one of the best games this year I've seen. Tense game lough went three up, I though they had us but a goal helped us to claw back. A game which should be talked about for being a great battle between two rivals unfortunately won't be due to the actions of a few.

rrhf

Quote from: Under Lights on July 23, 2022, 07:51:22 AM
Hope he's alright. Good fella Ryan.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Under Lights on July 23, 2022, 09:33:58 PM
Heard it was....

Edit by Mod5:  better to leave names out of it, especially when only hearsay.

Hear say? The coward done it in front of a couple of hundred people! He should be getting a lengthy ban.