Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cut the crap

To spirit of 91 and 94, I'd say the east down clubs would definitely vote the present county executive out along with at least half of the south down clubs.We are in a terrible mess , get rid of the county secretary and instead have an unpaid secretary similar to Armagh set up .
Biggest problem is any coup will gave to be started by what was fondly called the Hilltown Mafia.
One final point I will make is we are stuck with Sean og for the next 5 years if nothing is done and who knows where we will be financially and on the field of play given our secretary has considerable influence in both areas.

rosskarr

Quote from: cut the crap on March 20, 2016, 11:28:24 PM
To spirit of 91 and 94, I'd say the east down clubs would definitely vote the present county executive out along with at least half of the south down clubs.We are in a terrible mess , get rid of the county secretary and instead have an unpaid secretary similar to Armagh set up .
Biggest problem is any coup will gave to be started by what was fondly called the Hilltown Mafia.
One final point I will make is we are stuck with Sean og for the next 5 years if nothing is done and who knows where we will be financially and on the field of play given our secretary has considerable influence in both areas.
Most definitely a drink fuelled post.

cut the crap

It's now 8 in morning, Ross andSpirit, what's the alternative, if it was a business or a professional team, the executive along with the secretary would have gone long ago.

cut the crap

I know I'm right , you know that nothing will change unless the south down club chairmen grow a set and instigate a change,it won't happen otherwise.
If such a change doesn't take place we are in for a lot of managerial changes and many short championship campaigns.

thewobbler

There are umpteen problems with Down football at present. So many I can't count.

But the one that annoys me the most is when people create drama and angst from the mythical line that separates east and south.

rosskarr

Quote from: thewobbler on March 22, 2016, 12:49:13 PM
There are umpteen problems with Down football at present. So many I can't count.

But the one that annoys me the most is when people create drama and angst from the mythical line that separates east and south.
the great wall near Kilcoo :)

Maurice Moss

Quote from: rosskarr on March 22, 2016, 01:54:02 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on March 22, 2016, 12:49:13 PM

the great wall near Kilcoo :)

A brave wall it is til 😉

SamFever

Anyone travelling at the weekend to Cork?

interested

Weekend in Dublin for us this weekend.A bit of nostalgia instead of another drubbing although Cork is a great place to stay over.

5 Sams

RIP Brendan Sloan who passed away today.
The Aristocrat Years

snoopdog

Rip  am I right in saying he wasn't even 20 when he won an all ireland in 68

5 Sams

Quote from: snoopdog on March 24, 2016, 02:19:49 PM
Rip  am I right in saying he wasn't even 20 when he won an all ireland in 68

Yep...as were Colm McAlarney, John Murphy, John Purdy, Mickey Cole and Peter Rooney...all part of the 66 minor team beaten by Mayo in the AIF
The Aristocrat Years

Mourne Rover

In 1966, we won the Ulster senior and minor titles on the same day for the only time in our history. It may be a little while before we repeat the achievement, so we need to acknowledge outstanding individuals like Brendan Sloan. It is also worth remembering that arguably the most talented player on the 1966 minor side, Dalsey Mooney, whose career was sadly cut short by injury, also died at an early age last year. They will always be our heroes.

5 Sams

Quote from: Mourne Rover on March 25, 2016, 12:47:16 AM
In 1966, we won the Ulster senior and minor titles on the same day for the only time in our history. It may be a little while before we repeat the achievement, so we need to acknowledge outstanding individuals like Brendan Sloan. It is also worth remembering that arguably the most talented player on the 1966 minor side, Dalsey Mooney, whose career was sadly cut short by injury, also died at an early age last year. They will always be our heroes.

Well said MR. We had a serious amount of talent in the early and late 60s when you think about it. I know that Ross Carr always speaks very highly of Dalsey Mooney. He must have been some player.
The Aristocrat Years

umpire

I have seen Dalsey Mooney playing in 60's The 1966 Feis Seven final between Liatriom and Clonduff was the game I will never forget. Its Dalsey v Colm McAlarney. no other player scored only those 2. Dalsey outscored Colm to win Feis Seven. massive crowd in those days.

Brendan Sloan was great player at right full back on Down senior team of 1968. RIP