Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 10:49:31 AM
It will be a game for the ages and one that I doubt we will come out the right side of.
The biggest factor will be the referee.

On Saturday we got plenty from the referee - thought he was harsh on Armagh although maybe I was feeling sorry for them given the hammering they were taking. All the 50/50 calls went our way.

The Dublin media & pundits will go into overdrive in the lead up to this to plant seeds in his head about our tackiling

A refereeing performance like Lane on Saturday would screw us. He was blowing Monaghan up on everything while letting Dublin away with much more aggression and hands on Monaghan players.

I think Coldrick or Gough are the only referees you'd currently trust to apply things in a consistent manner.

blewuporstuffed

Johnny copper was regularly holding on to mc manus off the ball, a couple  of times right in front of the referee, yet he did nothing.
McMahon, then moved on to him and did similar
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Taylor

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:08:02 AM
It will be a game for the ages and one that I doubt we will come out the right side of.

On Saturday we got plenty from the referee - thought he was harsh on Armagh although maybe I was feeling sorry for them given the hammering they were taking. All the 50/50 calls went our way.

The Dublin media & pundits will go into overdrive in the lead up to this to plant seeds in his head about our tackiling

A refereeing performance like Lane on Saturday would screw us. He was blowing Monaghan up on everything while letting Dublin away with much more aggression and hands on Monaghan players.

I think Coldrick or Gough are the only referees you'd currently trust to apply things in a consistent manner.

I dont think it is exclusive to Lane though Bomber.

Every game the Dubs play there seems to be 'hometown' decisions.

Our tackling is really first class but if we get penalised for it because we are playing the Dubs we are in serious bother

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:11:10 AM

Lane is the worst I've seen as he seems to he have a serious grudge against Ulster sides.

His performance in the Galway Derry game two years is the most biased I've ever seen in an intercounty match.

Our tackling is really first class but if we get penalised for it because we are playing the Dubs we are in serious bother

RedHand88

Do tyrone get penalised for this system of tackling though? I don't recall off hand. If there's no foul (which their almost always isnt), then there should be no free.

Taylor

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 11:15:52 AM
Do tyrone get penalised for this system of tackling though? I don't recall off hand. If there's no foul (which their almost always isnt), then there should be no free.

Yes but that rule doesnt apply when the Dubs are playing.
All bets are off and refs conveniently ignore rules or make up their own to penalise opposing teams

punt kick

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:16:51 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 11:15:52 AM

Yes but that rule doesnt apply when the Dubs are playing.
All bets are off and refs conveniently ignore rules or make up their own to penalise opposing teams

INDIANA

Lane has never been a good ref for Dublin . Teams like Tyrone blame referees because they haven't been good enough in recent years .

Taylor

Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2017, 11:37:34 AM

Lane has never been a good ref for Dublin . Teams like Tyrone blame referees because they haven't been good enough in recent years .

Did you actually watch the Dublin game?

He blew Monaghan at every opportunity and ignored many indiscretions by the Dubs (Cooper for example)

Il Bomber Destro

Lane did Dublin's bidding for them on Saturday.

Yet another Dub holocaust denier.

Referees favour your side, just try and be honest with the forum.

INDIANA

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:45:12 AM

Did you actually watch the Dublin game?

He blew Monaghan at every opportunity and ignored many indiscretions by the Dubs (Cooper for example)

No self respecting Dublin fan would say anything other then Cooper made a meal of it . There was contact but it was minimal . Monaghan statistically this year have conceded a lot of frees . Also when you consistently give the ball to the opposition all the time you invite frees as players get tired . Monaghan had a very negative game plan and haven't the speed on the counterattack to play like that in CP.
The manager has done a great job and extracted as much as he could .2 Ulster titles is a great return off a pretty average group of players

Again teams that are good enough don't point out referees beforehand . Is it a case Tyrone are getting their excuses in early ?

seafoid

The boys on TSG were talking about top 3. Dubs Kerry and Rosary United. The case is as yet unproven. Mayo might have something to say yet. We don't know how Tyrone's jungle marching ant defence will get on in a real match. We don't know if they will miss a target man.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

INDIANA

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:56:56 AM

Lane did Dublin's bidding for them on Saturday.

Yet another Dub holocaust denier.

Referees favour your side, just try and be honest with the forum.
When you were good enough you didn't look for excuses beforehand . let's hope your team somehow have more cojones for battle then you

The Trap

Dublin HAVE all of these advantages:

The best team
The best squad
The best resources
The best facilities
The biggest support
Home games
Advantages brought by home advantage such as getting 50/50 calls from refs, less travel to games
Best access to the media as they are all based in Dublin - use this to their advantage as they see fit
Best access to RTE as they are based in Dublin - use this to their advantage as they see fit
Best access to GAA HQ as it is based in Dublin - use this to their advantage as they see fit

At the minute everything is loaded in their favour and it take an exceptional performance to beat them but as Mayo (almost did it), Kerry and Donegal have shown recently it is possible.

vallankumous

Quote from: The Trap on August 07, 2017, 12:03:19 PM
Dublin HAVE all of these advantages:

The best team

You could have stopped there.