AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 07, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
If ever there was a convincing argument for a tiered championship Saturdays match was it. A team alternating between the top of Div 3 and the bottom of Div 2 got well and truly spanked. A tiered championship as in hurling will produce better games and teams competing at their own level. It is clear that you need to be in Div 1 or at least the top of Div 2 to compete for Sam. On that showing Armagh are years away from challenging for Sam. If Tyrone had been playing anyone else I would have sat back and admired the ruthlessly efficient manner in which they dispatched Armagh. I hope they go on to win it. On the drink issue, there is an element from Portadown/Lurgan who bring shame on the county when we get to these types of games. Some other Counties have an element like this also.

The point is that hurling already has a "super 8" in that there are a number of counties more or less competitive, although there is a big gap below that. In football, much has been made of Armagh being Division 3, when only the slightest of margins either put them there or kept them there. The football championship has become Dublin and whoever can make themselves competitive to play them, which is only a couple of teams. I think the super 8 is unfortunate for that reason as it will have 3 or 4 teams who will simply get beaten three times.

But fair play to Tyrone, they have organised themselves superbly with players that are probably not hugely better than Armagh, they have just got more out of them. We just have to take a leaf out of their book.

They should just ban alcohol on the train, we don't need these yobs. They'll probably organise a clapped out bus in any case, but it will affect normal people less.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

vallankumous

Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 11:46:46 AM

For years they were the only county in Ulster with an all Ireland.  They would talk about stuff nobody in Tyrone would understand

That's 57 years ago.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 11:30:37 AM
You stay classy lads. Make light of fans punching the heads of people on a train. It's no wonder they do it as there is little condemnation within their peers. Like I said trains should not be put on till ye put a leash on your dogs.

I'm just speaking from experience. Cavan fans tend to be quite slow and simple looking, their personal hygeine doesn't tend to be the best and there are a lot of lads with big ears that all seems to share the same surname.

You can make light of that all you want but I suppose where there is little commentary on it among their peers, this kind of breeding will continue to exist.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 11:46:46 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:17:54 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 10:45:06 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 08:07:23 AM
I know the type T. They are anonymous from January to mid July and then turn up. As you say every county has them.

Listen ye might not like to hear this but in my opinion there is a significant element of tramps among the Tyrone and Armagh support and I base that on what I've seen over almost 30 years following football. Its time Tyrone and Armagh co boards took some responsibility and take some sort of action before someone gets seriously hurt.

And Fearon, what are train authorities supposed to do? Leave all these drunk people to fights on the train station. Perhaps they should refuse to put on trains for Tyrone and Armagh games in future.

You might not like to hear this, but from my experience, there are a serious amount of simpletons and halfwits among the Cavan support.

Absolutely true. I'll never forget a crowd of clowns in kingspan blue on the terrace in clones singing "I'd rather be a Euro than a pound", "go back to your queen", etc etc.

Terrible stuff.

It actually looks like there is something wrong/they are not all there with many Cavan fans though (not sure what the PC term is).
Need to take this into account

Cavan people look like they like to stick to themselves if you know what I mean.
For years they were the only county in Ulster with an all Ireland.  They would talk about stuff nobody in Tyrone would understand

Nobody can understand Cavan people full stop!

smelmoth

No mention of the train stuff on the armagh forum. Edited out or never came up?

Throw ball

Quote from: smelmoth on August 07, 2017, 12:48:17 PM

Don't think it was brought up. Doubt it was blocked as I had posted about people getting hammered and going to matches being a bloody nuisance in the lead up to the game and it wasn't blocked. A few others commented similarly

Itchy

Classy lads. Whatever about the thugs in the train, some of ye can't bring yourselves to even condemn it which says all that needs to be said about ye. One lad even reckons the woman was probably assaulted by her boyfriend as if that is any less thuggery.

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on August 07, 2017, 11:44:40 AM
Quote from: vallankumous on August 07, 2017, 11:41:51 AM
Quote from: general_lee on August 07, 2017, 10:59:07 AM

BBC reporting a Tyrone fan punched a female Armagh fan.

Are they reporting on the gender of the Tyrone fan?

Probably trans.
The news reported there was a Translink to the story, alright.

RedHand88

lurganblue

Portadown ones were the cause i hear  :P
In all fairness though that is brutal.  I travelled for years to dublin on the train for matches and thankfully never experienced any of that sh*te.  Although the traffic was bad, i am thankfully that myself and family were on a bus full of well behaved souls.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 07, 2017, 11:40:36 AM
Quote from: general_lee on August 07, 2017, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 07, 2017, 01:07:51 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2017, 11:36:05 PM
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/rival-gaa-fans-brawl-belfast-13439560

A few Conor McGregor wanabees i doubt

The Buckfast Brigade does Armagh proud once again  ::)
BBC reporting a Tyrone fan punched a female Armagh fan.

I'm not saying this particular incident didn't happen as I wasn't there, but the BBC will feckin love reporting it. This was witnessed by a soccer fan in his way back from the Liverpool game apparently.

Originally reported in the Irish News and repeated by the BBC.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 12:54:15 PM
Classy lads. Whatever about the thugs in the train, some of ye can't bring yourselves to even condemn it which says all that needs to be said about ye. One lad even reckons the woman was probably assaulted by her boyfriend as if that is any less thuggery.

If it was Cavan fans, the woman's boyfriend would probably be her brother. Classy indeed.

BennyCake

Quote from: Throw ball on August 07, 2017, 12:52:55 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on August 07, 2017, 12:48:17 PM

Don't think it was brought up. Doubt it was blocked as I had posted about people getting hammered and going to matches being a bloody nuisance in the lead up to the game and it wasn't blocked. A few others commented similarly

It's one of the things that piss me off when Armagh are in a big match. The sunshine fans and Buckie brigade out in force, trains full, can hardly get a ticket and listening to gobshites slabbering. Its a much nicer experience heading to the McKenna cup or NFL without this shite, even though you're freezing your bollix off.

Itchy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 05:14:47 PM

If it was Cavan fans, the woman's boyfriend would probably be her brother. Classy indeed.

It would never be Cavan fans. There will be no fist fights on the trains back to Roscommon and Mayo either.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 08:02:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 05:14:47 PM

It would never be Cavan fans. There will be no fist fights on the trains back to Roscommon and Mayo either.

I forgot. Cavan people don't like mixing with outsiders.