AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Tremblay

Was at H/Q for the match.  Very dour game of football tbh.  Armagh didn't know how to react to the Tyrone tactics and they played right into their hands.  Some of the Tyrone shooting was excellent and their counter attacking was pure class, very hard to stop a man on the rug without fouling! Well done and best of luck against Dublin.

Was going to get the train home but stayed the night and glad for it.  The amount of young ones running about the streets before the match poleaxed or off their heads was ridiculous.  Was only going to be one outcome from throwing drunken rivals on a train and a shame to hear of kids having to witness that. 

Young Armagh and Tyrone fans need to leave the drunken fighting where it belongs, in Cookstown on a Saturday night!
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Applesisapples

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 05, 2017, 06:21:24 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 02, 2017, 02:57:57 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 07:33:38 AM
Yous Armagh ones are losing the run of yourselves.

Just be glad you're sharing the same stage as your illustrious neighbours and pray you don't get obliterated.
Far from it, but you might live to regret these intemperate comments. Most Armagh fans know that Tyrone are red hot favourites and at a further stage of development than we are. Anything less than a 4 point win for Tyrone will be a failure for you, that or better is progress for Armagh.
You're progressing well the Applesisapples.
How's the buckfast going down?  ;D ;D
Firstly I'm a Chateau Neuf man myself. Read what I said, Tyrone didn't fail as they slaughtered us, and it is clear that Armagh have made little if any progress. I wasn't saying it was going to be 4 points, I was stating the obvious. But sure if you want to be a p***k knock yourself out.

Itchy

Quote from: punt kick on August 07, 2017, 09:58:54 AM
Tyrone and Armagh GAA fans train fight investigated

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40847951

Saw the headline this morning and I wondered which sets of fans couldn't have manners together on a train. Didnt take too long to correctly guess the culprits.

Tyrdub

Regarding McCarron's sending off, does his 2nd sending off for yellow cards not incur a suspension? He was absolutely brilliant on Saturday but that's twice in a row hes done something daft and got himself the line, he'll be a liability

Taylor

Think someone said he is ok to play in next game.
TBH we really cant afford to lose him.

This is the game I was really nervous of. All of the games so far have been shadow boxing and anyone who watches football would have known that Armagh would be no match. As I said on Friday -6 points was the bet.

We cannot afford to miss as many chances as we did on Saturday. While the game was over when we decided to take the pot shots and trying to lob the keeper again we need to be absolutely clinical v the Dubs.

Our conversion rate of scores will need to be insanely high

Applesisapples

If ever there was a convincing argument for a tiered championship Saturdays match was it. A team alternating between the top of Div 3 and the bottom of Div 2 got well and truly spanked. A tiered championship as in hurling will produce better games and teams competing at their own level. It is clear that you need to be in Div 1 or at least the top of Div 2 to compete for Sam. On that showing Armagh are years away from challenging for Sam. If Tyrone had been playing anyone else I would have sat back and admired the ruthlessly efficient manner in which they dispatched Armagh. I hope they go on to win it. On the drink issue, there is an element from Portadown/Lurgan who bring shame on the county when we get to these types of games. Some other Counties have an element like this also.

Taylor

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 07, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
If ever there was a convincing argument for a tiered championship Saturdays match was it. A team alternating between the top of Div 3 and the bottom of Div 2 got well and truly spanked. A tiered championship as in hurling will produce better games and teams competing at their own level. It is clear that you need to be in Div 1 or at least the top of Div 2 to compete for Sam. On that showing Armagh are years away from challenging for Sam. If Tyrone had been playing anyone else I would have sat back and admired the ruthlessly efficient manner in which they dispatched Armagh. I hope they go on to win it. On the drink issue, there is an element from Portadown/Lurgan who bring shame on the county when we get to these types of games. Some other Counties have an element like this also.

Frankly that is balls. There is 3/4 teams that can win Sam.
The rest of Div 1 and top of Div 2 have no chance.
Remind me who won Div 2 and what happened them in cship?

Itchy

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 08:07:23 AM
I know the type T. They are anonymous from January to mid July and then turn up. As you say every county has them.

Listen ye might not like to hear this but in my opinion there is a significant element of tramps among the Tyrone and Armagh support and I base that on what I've seen over almost 30 years following football. Its time Tyrone and Armagh co boards took some responsibility and take some sort of action before someone gets seriously hurt.

And Fearon, what are train authorities supposed to do? Leave all these drunk people to fights on the train station. Perhaps they should refuse to put on trains for Tyrone and Armagh games in future.

punt kick

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 10:44:42 AM

Frankly that is balls. There is 3/4 teams that can win Sam.
The rest of Div 1 and top of Div 2 have no chance.
Remind me who won Div 2 and what happened them in cship?

Genius.

tonto1888

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 07, 2017, 10:40:05 AM

It's not just people from lurgan and portadown though. There's fans throughout the whole county who would donit

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 10:45:06 AM
I know the type T. They are anonymous from January to mid July and then turn up. As you say every county has them.

Listen ye might not like to hear this but in my opinion there is a significant element of tramps among the Tyrone and Armagh support and I base that on what I've seen over almost 30 years following football. Its time Tyrone and Armagh co boards took some responsibility and take some sort of action before someone gets seriously hurt.

And Fearon, what are train authorities supposed to do? Leave all these drunk people to fights on the train station. Perhaps they should refuse to put on trains for Tyrone and Armagh games in future.

You might not like to hear this, but from my experience, there are a serious amount of simpletons and halfwits among the Cavan support.

RedHand88

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:04:09 AM

You might not like to hear this, but from my experience, there are a serious amount of simpletons and halfwits among the Cavan support.

Absolutely true. I'll never forget a crowd of clowns in kingspan blue on the terrace in clones singing "I'd rather be a Euro than a pound", "go back to your queen", etc etc.

Terrible stuff.

Taylor

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:04:09 AM

Absolutely true. I'll never forget a crowd of clowns in kingspan blue on the terrace in clones singing "I'd rather be a Euro than a pound", "go back to your queen", etc etc.

Terrible stuff.

It actually looks like there is something wrong/they are not all there with many Cavan fans though (not sure what the PC term is).
Need to take this into account