CONNACHT FINAL ROS v SLIGO 18th July 2010

Started by Rossfan, June 28, 2010, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: seafoid on July 16, 2010, 02:06:16 PM
Sligo have something like 6 Connacht titles. Hardly the Meath of connacht. More like the, er, Laois.

Ros seem to come up with a decent team about once every 10 years. Will this year's be the latest version to take its place amongst the teams from 1980, 1991 and 2001 ?

If Sligo win on Sunday it will be 6 Connacht titles (4 Senior, 2 Minor 0 under 21) & we do indeed have a good teams every 10 years but it's only 9 years at the moment  :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 16, 2010, 02:35:14 PM
will you be able to buy tickets on the day ? Should be a great atmosphere at the game and if the weather is good i wouldn't might heading up to have a look at what hopefully should be a good entertaining match if i do head up i going to have a go at spotting sligonian ( to see if he is in fact human and not a myth) should be fairly easy i'd say he will be the one sitting calmly down chilling watching the game progress, wont you sligonian  ;)

Im real, ask Larnaparka  ;), if you want deel rover i'll sign my autograph in your programme. I have a good friend from Crossmolina and all of Sligo know me so not hard to know who am. I dont have any anonomity, as I found out a few weeks ago but kinda already knew that.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Here's a bit of GAA trivia for you.. In what year was the Nestor cup first presented?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Not Sure what the official capacity of Mchale park is but have been told only 10,000 tickets remain for sunday

Jinxy

Yer man the barber in Ross on championship throw-in.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Quote from: Jinxy on July 16, 2010, 06:39:53 PM
Yer man the barber in Ross on championship throw-in.  :D

ahh the Famous Paddy Joe "the greatest team in the world"

Rossfan

Didnt match his description of the night the minors brought home the All Ireland  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: ross4life on July 16, 2010, 05:01:56 PM
Here's a bit of GAA trivia for you.. In what year was the Nestor cup first presented?

1958 - In the middle of Galway's 5 in a row  :-\

Anybody know what the cup was before that?
Hasta la victoria siempre

ross4life

Correct named after former Galway player J.J Nestor not sure what it was called before then?

Kimbap

The capacity of Mchale park is currently 38000.If and when the project is completed and the extra seating is added to the albany end the final capacity will be 42000.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2010, 04:02:46 PM
Sligo have something like 6 Connacht titles.

They've only 3   1927(or 28) , 1975 and 2007.
Matt sums it up perfectly ...things must go right for us ans wrong for Sligo.
As for the media ...sure it's only Connaht ...you can't expect tem Dublin crowd to be bothered with the  likes of us.  ::)

Fck the Dublin Medja they can lick my salty balls while they promote soccerball on planet Uranus for all I care. Connacht is the Alpha and the Omega, the Shannon is a gift from the Gods to keep the great unwashed out of our Land of Milk and Honey.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on July 16, 2010, 04:38:54 PM
Sligo have something like 6 Connacht titles. Hardly the Meath of connacht. More like the, er, Laois.

Ros seem to come up with a decent team about once every 10 years. Will this year's be the latest version to take its place amongst the teams from 1980, 1991 and 2001 ?

If Sligo win on Sunday it will be 6 Connacht titles (4 Senior, 2 Minor 0 under 21) & we do indeed have a good teams every 10 years but it's only 9 years at the moment  :-\

A Jazus I farted out 6 titles this morning.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kimbap on July 17, 2010, 02:24:59 AM
The capacity of Mchale park is currently 38000.If and when the project is completed and the extra seating is added to the albany end the final capacity will be 42000.

The 42,000 Capacity is badly needed for BIG National league, FBD League, and Annual single championship game each year.  ;)

ross4life

Quote from: Kimbap on July 17, 2010, 02:24:59 AM

So where looking at something like 28,000 for tomorrows game, a decent crowd without the "big two"teams

Rossfan

It's time for this again  :D

In the name of the dead generations of Rosmen who fought and died that we might be free of evil monsters  Ros summons her gossoons to her righteous cause.
Remember the great heritage ye have inherited.
Let's do it for Queen Maeve,Niall of the 9 hostages, Saints Eithne and Fidelma, St Coman,St Croan,St Faithleach,St Michael,St Ronan,Ned Duffy, The O'Connor kings of Ireland, Douglas Hyde,Percy French,the 42 who died for Ireland and Freedom and of course Uachtarán na hEireann herself.
Remember 43 and 44 and famous days in Castlebar like 52 , 72,79 and 86.
Remember O'Malley,Lindsay,Earley,Tony Mc,Jigger and most of all Harry Keegan. When ye see a Sligoman coming through with the ball ask yourself " What would Harry Keegan do?"
He'd drive man and ball half way to bloody Cliffoney so do the same and ye can win the day.
Slay the evil magpies who will dare to enter the Den of iniquity on Sunday and send them home sadder and wiser to their own dens of iniquity in Gurteen, Geevagh, Ballianafad, Tourlestrane , Drumcliff and even Bellaghy ( for sligonian)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM