Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

McCann"s foul in the first half was actually comical. It was made even better by his plea to Coldrick that he played the ball. Coldrick trying to keep up with some of the play was also comedy gold. 40 yards off on some occasions. Not his fault and he's lucky we live in an era where hand passing is king. Those long balls and breaks at pace left him flat footed to say the least

Redhand Santa

In a game like that there'll always be 50 50 calls but there is no doubt the dubs got a slight rub of the green. Moving the free in that they missed summed that up. You could easily move three or four in in any game for the same reason and it never happens ever. We never seem to get the rub of the green when coldrick is in charge, hate the sight of him.

Anyone who thinks Dublin won that in second gear is nuts. They looked comfortable with 15/20 minutes to go but were under huge pressure in the last tens minutes, you only need to watch cluxton kickouts to see that.

The goal was a huge score in the game. Tyrone have another bit to go yet but they've definitely narrowed the gap. Let's hope they can get the heads and bodies right for a big battle in ballybofey in two weeks.

cjx

Quote from: lenny on July 21, 2018, 09:33:46 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 21, 2018, 09:29:21 PM
Excellent performance from the Dubs, they played really enjoyable and intelligent football. Tyrone (cliche alert) did ask a some questions, however,  complaining about the ref's performance  is missing in total  the essential elements of why Dublin won, with relative ease.

Correct, I think on a full size pitch Dublin would've won by 10 or so.

Pitch regulation size stupid comment

smelmoth

Quote from: cjx on July 22, 2018, 09:24:02 AM
Excellent performance from the Dubs, they played really enjoyable and intelligent football. Tyrone (cliche alert) did ask a some questions, however,  complaining about the ref's performance  is missing in total  the essential elements of why Dublin won, with relative ease.

But if the comment was changed from "full sized" to "bigger" the comment would be telling.

With an extra 4 metres of width Tyrone would need much more fitness to compete. That fitness didn't look there yesterday

inthrough

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 21, 2018, 11:54:50 PM
Too little to late for Tyrone in a game that Dublin controlled throughout and never looked like losing. Dublin have a few gears to go up yet while we have already seen the best of Tyrone and another All Ireland semi is about as far as they will likely go once again if they get that far this summer.
If you think for one minute that Dublin were in "control" of that game throughout then you need to lie down in a dark room for a while.

Whishtup

Quote from: smelmoth on July 22, 2018, 09:38:02 AM
Quote from: cjx on July 22, 2018, 09:24:02 AM

But if the comment was changed from "full sized" to "bigger" the comment would be telling.

With an extra 4 metres of width Tyrone would need much more fitness to compete. That fitness didn't look there yesterday

...but Dublin wilted near the end and nearly lost it.  A team can seem tired when they're chasing the game and the other team is playing keep ball. To sustain that and finish strong shows serious fitness, especially playing so many weekends on the trot. 

I actually think a tighter pitch doesn't suit either of these teams and Harte alluded to that when he said he'd prefer to play in Croke Park.

The Hill is Blue

It was a great relief to get out of Healy Park with a win last night. Tyrone finished very strong. Credit the Dubs though. They have been in that situation so many times before and have always come out on the right side of the result - surely the mark of a great team.

Fair dues to the good people of Omagh. They gave the Dublin supporters a great welcome.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

rrhf

Nights like last night will save the super 8s. Real parochial atmosphere at county level. Dubs supporters are great craic and make for a great occasion and it was nice of the players to meet supporters on the pitch after. It pull all the games but the dubs home games from Croker next year.

ONeill

Tyrone did what Donegal didn't do last week. When Dublin tried the keep-ball, Tyrone pressed them and that was the end of that.

Dublin still too good for everyone, but the gap is closing. They closed down Sludden and never gave Richie Donnelly an inch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cjx

Quote from: rrhf on July 22, 2018, 11:47:58 AM
Nights like last night will save the super 8s. Real parochial atmosphere at county level. Dubs supporters are great craic and make for a great occasion and it was nice of the players to meet supporters on the pitch after. It pull all the games but the dubs home games from Croker next year.
Super 8 is terrible Poor old Roscommon who needs that torture get it over with in 1
mind you if Kerry get beaten again today that would do no harm

skeog

Sky now control the size of pitch according to MH lol.

yellowcard

Quote from: skeog on July 22, 2018, 01:09:32 PM

If Mickey Harte hadn't wanted the size of the pitch reduced by 5 metres then Mickey Harte would have got his way. Sky are a corporate monster but on this occasion Mickey Harte is sumply trying to insult people's intelligence.

straightred

Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 01:15:35 PM

If Mickey Harte hadn't wanted the size of the pitch reduced by 5 metres then Mickey Harte would have got his way. Sky are a corporate monster but on this occasion Mickey Harte is sumply trying to insult people's intelligence.

I should have taken a photo of it but it didn't look like the narrowed it very much at all, maybe 1 or 2 metres on each side at the most.

RedHand88

Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 01:15:35 PM

I had a wee laugh at it. I would never have thought of that excuse. I've been at sky matches all year and it's been tighter than that at the sideline, Brewster in particular. The gap at the sub benches side was more noticeable than the terrace last night.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'm touched by the innocence of some hereon, who think that Sky is some manner of benevolent organisation, loath to dictate the terms of their corporate munificence. Bless.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...