China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2020, 12:58:10 PM
https://www.ft.com/content/f3796baf-e4f0-4862-8887-d09c7f706553

Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization's health emergencies programme, has outlined four factors that might contribute to the differing mortality rates: who becomes infected, what stage the epidemic has reached in a country, how much testing a country is doing, and how well different healthcare systems are coping.

Professor Neil Ferguson, director of the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis at Imperial College London, said it was not yet clear how many "excess deaths" caused by coronavirus there would be in the UK. However, he said the proportion of Covid-19 victims who would have died anyway could be "as many as half or two-thirds".
Everybody is going to die anyway .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Deaths per million

Italy                 218
Spain         214
Belgium            87
Netherlands   78
France           62
Switzerland   58
Iran                   38
UK                   35

Ireland             17

South Korea       3
China               2
Singapore   0.7
Taiwan            0.2
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2020, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2020, 12:58:10 PM

Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization's health emergencies programme, has outlined four factors that might contribute to the differing mortality rates: who becomes infected, what stage the epidemic has reached in a country, how much testing a country is doing, and how well different healthcare systems are coping.

Professor Neil Ferguson, director of the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis at Imperial College London, said it was not yet clear how many "excess deaths" caused by coronavirus there would be in the UK. However, he said the proportion of Covid-19 victims who would have died anyway could be "as many as half or two-thirds".
Everybody is going to die anyway .
Even the Dub steamroller
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

121 people have now died since the start of the outbreak of Coronavirus on the island of Ireland. WHO is considers changing guidance on wearing face masks..

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 02, 2020, 02:41:42 PMWHO is considers changing guidance on wearing face masks..

While everyone wearing face masks may help protect each individual - when hospital staff cannot get sufficient face masks to protect themselves I feel its better if they just keep guidance as is.

i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 02, 2020, 02:49:39 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 02, 2020, 02:41:42 PMWHO is considers changing guidance on wearing face masks..

While everyone wearing face masks may help protect each individual - when hospital staff cannot get sufficient face masks to protect themselves I feel its better if they just keep guidance as is.

It seems that a cotton mask can be some use. Can O'Neills etc not make these and leave the N95 class masks for the health staff.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Anything that helps needs to be looked at. Less individuals getting his virus will ease the pressure on hospitals.

quit yo jibbajabba

Theres me thinkin we were a first world country. Is this not a f*cking joke in this day and age

APM

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 02, 2020, 03:07:42 PM

Anything that helps needs to be looked at. Less individuals getting his virus will ease the pressure on hospitals.

I think the sense is that people should wear masks, not to protect themselves, but to protect others from them.  Therefore everyone needs to be doing it.  In that case, I don't think you need everyone wearing the kind of high quality face mask required for the NHS, which in a health setting is there both to protect the wearer and those they come into contact with.  Health workers would obviously have priority for properly fitted masks and the rest of us would be encouraged to wear something, but not compete with the health service for the real deal. 

I think that's what other countries are doing, and tbh, if it works, it will make be better all round. 

imtommygunn

Exactly - basic facemasks to help a bit. Any "industrial" quality should be for frontline people.

I always felt they hadn't a full grasp on how contagious this was - still feel they don't - so the face mask thing definitely makes some sense.

Ed Ricketts

I see this hotshot has cracked it:

Forgets about your wet markets, lack of testing, masks, all that shite. It's all because of the gays. Or abortion. Or both.

www.itv.com/news/utv/2020-04-02/dup-councillor-blames-coronavirus-pandemic-on-god-s-judgment-for-legalising-abortion
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 02, 2020, 03:27:14 PM
Exactly - basic facemasks to help a bit. Any "industrial" quality should be for frontline people.

I can agree with that wholeheartedly - unfortunately how many f**king clampits are there out there that will scramble for N95?
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Yes people can be the worst :(

Read that DUP clampit earlier. Not really a surprise.

Jeepers Creepers

Another 569 deaths logged today in the uk

imtommygunn