Franko

Quote from: LeoMc on April 02, 2020, 08:48:15 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 02, 2020, 08:18:42 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 02, 2020, 07:10:50 AM
Quote from: red hander on April 02, 2020, 02:42:07 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 01, 2020, 03:32:02 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 01, 2020, 02:52:33 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 01, 2020, 02:42:37 PM
UK posting 563 deaths in the last 24 hours, 30 in Norn Iron.

Shits getting real

that reads 30 deaths here in the last 24 hours which isn't the case.

Poor Grammar, apologies.

But we're OK, Robin Swann is praying to God that we've enough ventilators come our peak!

f**king 2020 and the person supposedly in charge is praying to imaginary person in the sky... sack these f**king nutjob fundamentalist pricks now and put someone with a brain in charge

Was it just not a turn of phrase though? One we all use frequently?

And we use it when all is lost or we haven't a puff what's going on.

You don't expect a minister in charge of procuring ventilators to come off with that. He either has the dates and times for deliveries or he doesn't and it seems like he doesn't and that's a WTF moment for me.
I would say any dates and times are well caveated due to manufacturing and delivery restrictions so the turn of phrase was not out of place.

Total nonsense.

Then say, "Dates and times are well caveated due to manufacturing and delivery restrictions, but we are working as hard as we can to get them here".  Not the puff he came out with.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: larryin89 on April 02, 2020, 01:17:12 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2020, 11:38:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2020, 11:36:09 PM
Quote from: Downtothewire on April 01, 2020, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2020, 04:28:27 PM
I know ye Nordies are a biteen behind the times and don't realise the "free state" was abolished on 31st December 1937.
Meanwhile in Ireland/RoI/26 Counties/ the South(sic) I saw the deaths figure is around 2% of the Positives figure.

Well from 31st December 1937 up to now you free staters have done f**k all for us
About the same as ye whingy whiny fckrs did for us😉

Aye, bit of an embarrassment we were when ya deserted the north, I doubt yous would actually vote for a UI

How can you have such a partitionist mindset whilst still claiming to be a nationalist. And who the f uk is "yous " , men that spent their lives in portlaois gaol , men who died on active service , men who fought in the tan war , men who died in civil war , men who brought the war to the brits ? You're not an Irish republican you don't fool me , you're just a chip on the shoulder guy who never threw a rock in anger . 

I won't respond to your inane drivel  predictable response of how growing up in troubled Belfast was all bad and free staters wouldn't have a clue blah blah , obvious stoop is obvious , way and shite. 

Apologies for derailment of thread , had to respond to this poster who is constantly getting in digs about above

No I responded to the posters who constantly get digs in on ones living in the north of the island, now if you couldn't see that then you're blind.  ;)

You free staters need to calm down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Slovakia reported its first death with Covid-19 yesterday.
I believe that leaves Latvia and Liechtenstein as the only countries in Europe who have not recorded a death with Covid-19.

Meanwhile in the US, Hawaii reported its first death, leaving Wyoming as the only US state who have not recorded a death with Covid-19

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on April 02, 2020, 01:15:36 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on April 02, 2020, 12:56:17 AM
I suppose talking about Coronavirus was going to get a bit boring eventually   ;D

too many angry nordies on this board for that, shouting at their keyboards  ;)

Situation... SITUATION
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/newton-emerson-stormont-must-agree-to-disagree-for-powersharing-to-survive-crisis-1.4218065

The UK government's plan for testing is set out clearly in the March 16th report from its advisers at Imperial College London, which caused the sudden switch in approach from mitigation to suppression.
The report's only reference to testing outside hospitals says: "As case numbers fall, it becomes more feasible to adopt intensive testing, contact tracing and quarantine measures akin to the strategies being employed in South Korea today."
In other words, it is too late for the UK to use testing on the way up the peak of the epidemic but it can suppress the peak with other measures then introduce testing on the way down.
Unsurprisingly, London is having trouble admitting this. Michael Gove, the deputy prime minister, was suspiciously evasive on the subject at a press conference on Tuesday. The apparent lack of urgency is creating mistrust in the UK and Ireland and causing a split at Stormont, where the DUP has accepted UK scientific advice and all other parties except Sinn Féin either concur or are observing collective responsibility.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

Quote from: larryin89 on April 02, 2020, 01:17:12 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2020, 11:38:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2020, 11:36:09 PM
Quote from: Downtothewire on April 01, 2020, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2020, 04:28:27 PM
I know ye Nordies are a biteen behind the times and don't realise the "free state" was abolished on 31st December 1937.
Meanwhile in Ireland/RoI/26 Counties/ the South(sic) I saw the deaths figure is around 2% of the Positives figure.

Well from 31st December 1937 up to now you free staters have done f**k all for us
About the same as ye whingy whiny fckrs did for us😉

Aye, bit of an embarrassment we were when ya deserted the north, I doubt yous would actually vote for a UI

How can you have such a partitionist mindset whilst still claiming to be a nationalist. And who the f uk is "yous " , men that spent their lives in portlaois gaol , men who died on active service , men who fought in the tan war , men who died in civil war , men who brought the war to the brits ? You're not an Irish republican you don't fool me , you're just a chip on the shoulder guy who never threw a rock in anger . 

I won't respond to your inane drivel  predictable response of how growing up in troubled Belfast was all bad and free staters wouldn't have a clue blah blah , obvious stoop is obvious , way and shite. 

Apologies for derailment of thread , had to respond to this poster who is constantly getting in digs about above

How's about some posters stop referring to Northerners as nordies (not a far cry from the English calling us all paddies) and Northerners desist from calling the South the Free-State...a win win?

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2020, 10:31:49 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/newton-emerson-stormont-must-agree-to-disagree-for-powersharing-to-survive-crisis-1.4218065

The UK government's plan for testing is set out clearly in the March 16th report from its advisers at Imperial College London, which caused the sudden switch in approach from mitigation to suppression.
The report's only reference to testing outside hospitals says: "As case numbers fall, it becomes more feasible to adopt intensive testing, contact tracing and quarantine measures akin to the strategies being employed in South Korea today."
In other words, it is too late for the UK to use testing on the way up the peak of the epidemic but it can suppress the peak with other measures then introduce testing on the way down.

Unsurprisingly, London is having trouble admitting this. Michael Gove, the deputy prime minister, was suspiciously evasive on the subject at a press conference on Tuesday. The apparent lack of urgency is creating mistrust in the UK and Ireland and causing a split at Stormont, where the DUP has accepted UK scientific advice and all other parties except Sinn Féin either concur or are observing collective responsibility.

UK Deputy Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Van Tam on Peston last night more or less said the same thing.  Testing at this point in the UK is irrelevant as the virus has now escaped them and they're banking on people adhering to social distancing to bring the contamination rate down.
It's on the other side of the curve that they really want to be testing for immunity as much as whether you've got it or not which brings me back to Trumps quote on the UK policy where he couldn't even bring himself to say herd immunity.

Utter gobshites.

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on April 02, 2020, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2020, 10:31:49 AM

UK Deputy Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Van Tam on Peston last night more or less said the same thing.  Testing at this point in the UK is irrelevant as the virus has now escaped them and they're banking on people adhering to social distancing to bring the contamination rate down.
It's on the other side of the curve that they really want to be testing for immunity as much as whether you've got it or not which brings me back to Trumps quote on the UK policy where he couldn't even bring himself to say herd immunity.

Utter gobshites.

The virus has escaped them in London, but it shouldn't mean that testing and tracing might still not be possible in NI or Cornwall.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ambrose

Quote from: thewobbler on April 01, 2020, 11:53:38 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 01, 2020, 11:51:04 PM
Personally I hope the north has ten times more deaths than the south. Already the GB approach is coming in for criticism even from the Daily Telegraph and yet Arlene decided to blindly follow what they did. I'm listening to the advice I'm getting has been the standard response to this. Now where did I hear that before?

Wow. Just f**king wow.

Oh dear.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

quit yo jibbajabba

Posted then deleted yes?

Classy move there, ive seen boys banned for less..

Ambrose

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 02, 2020, 12:37:16 PM
Posted then deleted yes?

Just a stupid, drunken post. We've all been there. I frequently buy tat off ebay late at night that I have absolutely no need for.

You can't live off history and tradition forever

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/f3796baf-e4f0-4862-8887-d09c7f706553

Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization's health emergencies programme, has outlined four factors that might contribute to the differing mortality rates: who becomes infected, what stage the epidemic has reached in a country, how much testing a country is doing, and how well different healthcare systems are coping.

Professor Neil Ferguson, director of the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis at Imperial College London, said it was not yet clear how many "excess deaths" caused by coronavirus there would be in the UK. However, he said the proportion of Covid-19 victims who would have died anyway could be "as many as half or two-thirds".

seafoid

Here is something for muintir an Tuaisceart

"In response to the economic threat posed by the coronavirus pandemic, the UK government last week unveiled a £330bn package of bailout loans alongside an extraordinary offer of wage subsidies. But the speed of the response has left banks, regulators and Treasury officials scrambling to find ways to get the money to the companies that need it most.
Have you seen a significant decrease in revenue? Have you had to close operations temporarily or permanently? Will you furlough employees? And if so, how much of your workforce? 

Dan Thomas, the FT's chief business correspondent, has been writing about how UK companies can access the government's Covid-19 bailout funds. Dan has also been covering how banks are helping struggling businesses and how non-bank lenders are responding to the crisis.

Dan is here to hear your stories and answer your questions about the loans being offered by banks under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, or for bigger companies under the commercial paper programme. He can also help with the business rates programme or answer questions about what the government and banking industry are doing to address the issues left unresolved by the bailout package.

Ask your questions in the comments below. Dan will be dropping in regularly on Thursday, April 2, to answer them throughout the day."

https://www.ft.com/content/e8413fcc-d548-4a4c-835a-88039563be3e

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2020, 12:58:10 PM

Professor Neil Ferguson, director of the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis at Imperial College London, said it was not yet clear how many "excess deaths" caused by coronavirus there would be in the UK. However, he said the proportion of Covid-19 victims who would have died anyway could be "as many as half or two-thirds".

BULLSHIT.

That is him and his ham fisted bunch of amateurs covering their own ass.

South Korea:
Population: 51.5m
Deaths: 169

UK
Population: 66.5m
Deaths: 2,352

Adjusted SK death total (to equate to UK population) would be ~218.

So, if the reaction had been as per South Korea (and lets not forget the clusterfuck they had with the churches being superspreaders to elderly), then we'd possibly have just 9% of the current death toll.

No surprise - more ineptitude from the academics that cannot grasp how to do quick and dirty sums when you don't have precise inputs for a detailed model.
i usse an speelchekor

ONeill

Quote from: Ambrose on April 02, 2020, 12:44:16 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 02, 2020, 12:37:16 PM
Posted then deleted yes?

Just a stupid, drunken post. We've all been there. I frequently buy tat off ebay late at night that I have absolutely no need for.

Yeah I once donated 200 to a lad doing a sponsored fast, by mistake after a couple. She went through me the next day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.