Conservative Watch

Started by Eamonnca1, February 25, 2016, 08:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 19, 2016, 11:33:41 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 06, 2016, 12:39:41 AM
Quote from: thejuice on March 05, 2016, 10:48:04 PM
This is a serious suggestion but I think the left / right divide has grown to the point it might be worth considering splitting some countries up. From what I can see all either side are doing is stopping the other from going where they want without doing anything effective themselves.

Furthermore from what I can see, the conservative movement in America has effectively died because it wasn't willing to fight for what really mattered to those that voted for them namely immigration. I see this in the U.K. too, where the Conservative party don't appear to actually conserve anything. That is why you have ukip but I don't think that's the end of it. I think space has opened up for a party to go even further than them.

A similar pattern is happening on the left where they have held the political and social reigns for so long, drifting slowly into holding ludicrous positions that is alienating many people while also dragging the so called conservatives to the left on some issues. What I think this means is that the middle ground is a no mans land.

It's hard to see what actually unites these countries anymore, it's one thing to be an American but those people who are voting for Trump want a completely different future America to those who vote for Hillary or Sanders. So why stop each other from getting what they want. Soon merely sharing citizenship just won't be enough.

Theresa May might like to trot out the line about shared British values but I think most people rightly see that as plain nonsense. British values according to Dalrymple or Peter Hitchens are not those espoused by Corbyn or Yasmin Ali Brown.

If you think I'm getting carried away well perhaps I am but it might be something to think about when you find yourself start to tremble at the thought of a Trump presidency.

I'd be all in favour of Texas seceding.
texas seceded before and the country fought a civil war to restore them and other states to the union might be easier if u left the country instead.👍

Not to worry, Texas will turn blue in a few decades with all the Hispanic immigrants increasing and the old white Republicans decreasing as proportion of population. ;D

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 20, 2016, 12:03:05 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 19, 2016, 11:33:41 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 06, 2016, 12:39:41 AM
Quote from: thejuice on March 05, 2016, 10:48:04 PM
This is a serious suggestion but I think the left / right divide has grown to the point it might be worth considering splitting some countries up. From what I can see all either side are doing is stopping the other from going where they want without doing anything effective themselves.

Furthermore from what I can see, the conservative movement in America has effectively died because it wasn't willing to fight for what really mattered to those that voted for them namely immigration. I see this in the U.K. too, where the Conservative party don't appear to actually conserve anything. That is why you have ukip but I don't think that's the end of it. I think space has opened up for a party to go even further than them.

A similar pattern is happening on the left where they have held the political and social reigns for so long, drifting slowly into holding ludicrous positions that is alienating many people while also dragging the so called conservatives to the left on some issues. What I think this means is that the middle ground is a no mans land.

It's hard to see what actually unites these countries anymore, it's one thing to be an American but those people who are voting for Trump want a completely different future America to those who vote for Hillary or Sanders. So why stop each other from getting what they want. Soon merely sharing citizenship just won't be enough.

Theresa May might like to trot out the line about shared British values but I think most people rightly see that as plain nonsense. British values according to Dalrymple or Peter Hitchens are not those espoused by Corbyn or Yasmin Ali Brown.

If you think I'm getting carried away well perhaps I am but it might be something to think about when you find yourself start to tremble at the thought of a Trump presidency.

I'd be all in favour of Texas seceding.
texas seceded before and the country fought a civil war to restore them and other states to the union might be easier if u left the country instead.👍

Not to worry, Texas will turn blue in a few decades with all the Hispanic immigrants increasing and the old white Republicans decreasing as proportion of population. ;D
Are u Hispanic?