Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

What happens if you put a bet on Armagh to win the original fixture, is it refundable, does it roll onto the next match or is it lost?

No wides

Quote from: yellowcard on June 22, 2016, 01:24:21 PM
What happens if you put a bet on Armagh to win the original fixture, is it refundable, does it roll onto the next match or is it lost?

What happens if you bet on Laois and were paid out - do you give the money back to the bookie?

Donnellys Hollow

QuotePost-match enquiries into match results and subsequent changes or disqualification will be ignored for settlement purposes and will be settled on that day's match result.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

yellowcard

Quote from: No wides on June 22, 2016, 01:30:56 PM

What happens if you bet on Laois and were paid out - do you give the money back to the bookie?

No.

I know in horse racing most bookies pay out double result if the result gets overturned after a sewarts enquiry, would this be similar whereby they refund the stake?

No wides

So you are just looking a win win situation - maybe you shouldn't bet?

yellowcard

Quote from: No wides on June 22, 2016, 01:37:06 PM
So you are just looking a win win situation - maybe you shouldn't bet?

Huh?

I'm asking a reasonable question. Considering Laois broke the rules in the first match and the GAA's ruling committee have decided the fairest outcome is a replay then I don't think it is unreasonable to ask the same question of a bookie. I'll take my medicine either way.

Why have you got such a bee in your bonnett, unless your a bookie?

haveaharp

Quote from: maccer on June 22, 2016, 01:18:20 PM

Read the rulebook. It's very clear. It's also the reason the CCCC couldn't ignore the Laois error, as otherwise Armagh would have had a slam dunk opportunity to object.

Of course Laois accepted it as they know full well that a hearing on foot of an Armagh objection could have decided (perfectly validly) to kick them out of the Championship.

For a start I believe laois should accept this and move on to win the next game as we won the first. As regards not accepting....Just think of recent high profile  challenges to gaa rulings. Most would have said the rulebook was clear but plenty of holes were found. If the roles were reversed I would be disappointed if laois took Armagh's stance. If laois do win the next day it will only drive armagh football into deeper depression
[/quote]

I am not sure that is possible

Harold Disgracey

Interestingly if the result of the first game counts, unless we win Sam, will Armagh go down in the record books as the first team to lose 3 championship games in the one year?

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on June 22, 2016, 08:58:58 AM
I copped for a fecking DKNY handbag in Kildare Village for the missus on the way home too.😖
[/quote
does not count. Need to get her a new one. Ye have to admit armagh are the luckiest bastards playing  our sacred games.

BennyCake

Quote from: No wides on June 22, 2016, 01:30:56 PM

Yeah Laois fans, give it back you toe-rags!

Armamike

Laois should do the honorable thing and forfeit the game, save us the trip back down. An apology wouldn't go amiss either.
That's just, like your opinion man.

T Fearon

Email from ticket office saying season ticket holders charged 5 euros (after discount of 5) for this game, which is now practically £5 sterling! Not a big price admittedly but just for once,couldn't season ticket holders have been admitted free,and their loyalty recognised?

Nigel White

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 22, 2016, 02:37:33 PM
Interestingly if the result of the first game counts, unless we win Sam, will Armagh go down in the record books as the first team to lose 3 championship games in the one year?
Would it mean that Armagh won Sam through the side door

StGallsGAA

If they gave out Sam Maguires for being the worst county board in the country, Armagh would win it every time.  The Orange Order would make a better fist of administering the county set-up than the clowns in place at the minute.

The Bearded One

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 25, 2016, 09:53:16 PM
If they gave out Sam Maguires for being the worst county board in the country, Armagh would win it every time.  The Orange Order would make a better fist of administering the county set-up than the clowns in place at the minute.

Rich from an Antrim man...
It is what it is. Presumably.