The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Joe is an ignorant shite. His constant chirping and interrupting puts other analysts off their flow when speaking. He obviously never got enough slaps upside the jaw when he was a youngster.

J70

Thought his article in the Indo today was appalling, especially the attack on Andy Moran.

moysider

Quote from: J70 on May 27, 2019, 12:18:26 AM
Thought his article in the Indo today was appalling, especially the attack on Andy Moran.

Didn't read the article but he was spot on in his analysis of Mayo on the Sunday Game tonight. He nailed it tbf.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on May 27, 2019, 12:25:41 AM

Didn't read the article but he was spot on in his analysis of Mayo on the Sunday Game tonight. He nailed it tbf.
+1 You are bang on moy!
Look, the truth can hurt but it is the truth and no half reasonable Mayo fan or player can dispute what he has to say about Mayo's lack of killer instinct or composure when rattled or whatever.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

The truth hurts and it hurts more when it is presented with sarcasm and a wry grin. The heel is firmly on the throat when criticising Mayo and their failures. They are (and have been) the easy target! That article could be written about any county in Ireland (bar Dublin). And will be as the Championship progresses.

On the other hand Dublin are applauded by Brolly, with a blind eye cast as to the financial doping and other obvious advantages that has helped this great team to become what they are. It's as if this all sprang out of nowhere and was down to great natural players and management alone. Almost like a fluke of nature.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 27, 2019, 12:46:42 AM

The truth hurts and it hurts more when it is presented with sarcasm and a wry grin. The heel is firmly on the throat when criticising Mayo and their failures. They are (and have been) the easy target! That article could be written about any county in Ireland (bar Dublin). And will be as the Championship progresses.

On the other hand Dublin are applauded by Brolly, with a blind eye cast as to the financial doping and other obvious advantages that has helped this great team to become what they are. It's as if this all sprang out of nowhere and was down to great natural players and management alone. Almost like a fluke of nature.

I've said this before about Brolly. His grin is his natural expression and not intentionally a 'grin' as such. His quote ' teams don't fear Mayo' is probably the most insightful thing that has been said. Mayo gives everybody a chance of landing a blow. You've always got a good chance Mayo will give you a leg up.
The missed O Connor chance on Saturday evening: The 40 yard pass from Regan was perfect. Not quite as great as Jimmy Burke to Seán Lowry in '85 but exceptional.  Regan was playing really well and would have kicked 2 later frees but Horan hauled him ashore. ??? After Coen he was going best of the forwards and no need to get Andy on that early - if at all. Andy for Coen later would have been the way to go when Coen's legs were shot. A plus for Mayo is that Coen can play. Always technically good but never had the conditioning necessary and still has a bit to go for a full game.
Horan had a bad day and putting it down to wides in his post-match interview is, hopefully just ould guff.

didlyi

So the football was on first and we got analysis of games with teams from all divisions. Spare a though for Kerry and Westmeath hurlers who played one of  the games of the weekend and they didnt even give the score. They are arguably the top teams in hurling's second tier. Take note!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 27, 2019, 12:40:08 AM

+1 You are bang on moy!
Look, the truth can hurt but it is the truth and no half reasonable Mayo fan or player can dispute what he has to say about Mayo's lack of killer instinct or composure when rattled or whatever.
The pair of ye are bang on unfortunately. Even if Mayo went 9 or 10 points up, they'd give us torture to close out a game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shamrock Shore

Ignoring the howlers in the two mins of Longford v Kildare (wrong players.....wrong half time scores etc) Des described the Laois v Westmeath as a cracker as well.

Christ on a bike. Lazy research. The game was the worst 70+ minutes of my life and everyone around me were appalled at WH's efforts. At least Laois tried to play football.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 27, 2019, 09:56:27 AM
Ignoring the howlers in the two mins of Longford v Kildare (wrong players.....wrong half time scores etc) Des described the Laois v Westmeath as a cracker as well.

Christ on a bike. Lazy research. The game was the worst 70+ minutes of my life and everyone around me were appalled at WH's efforts. At least Laois tried to play football.

I think someone has had a word in Des's ear about the RTE's negativity towards football and he's trying to address it, picked the wrong game to be positive about though.
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

The Dub fans on the train or however they got there got how many minutes?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Scarlet

I actually liked that MOTD2 style Dubs on the train, but why are we doing this epic intro on top of that.

Also we know it's 40 years old but surely we can get a clip of Wexford in Leinster action rather than looking back on their All Ireland befpre a round robin game?

Those poetic promos with lots of slo-mos are a bore at this stage.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 27, 2019, 10:13:55 AM
I actually liked that MOTD2 style Dubs on the train, but why are we doing this epic intro on top of that.

Also we know it's 40 years old but surely we can get a clip of Wexford in Leinster action rather than looking back on their All Ireland befpre a round robin game?

Those poetic promos with lots of slo-mos are a bore at this stage.

Ah Jesus, they do my head in, those things.

BennyCake

Did you see Brolly re: Carlow analysis. What a tool.

So he knows intrinsically what Carlow management and players are thinking. Des correctly pointed out about their promotion, but he dismissed it. The man is never wrong. Phrases like "we've discussed this before" and "I won't repeat myself" instills this 'shut up, I'm always right' mentality. Whelan chuckled to himself and shook his head, and Des had to stop himself from doing likewise, as it all finished.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 27, 2019, 09:59:17 AM
The Dub fans on the train or however they got there got how many minutes?

They had to show the once off novelty factor that it is for Dublin fans to travel to games. Can you imagine that segment done on any other county?