Laois Minor football Championship

Started by The Monument Road, July 05, 2017, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoisguy

Rid itself of the B championship!

Players want to PLAY

They go to A in all grades loads of lads sitting on the sideline .....all of a sudden they don't turn up....by minor there is only 5-6 players playing A grade

System is completely wrong
Concentrate on upskilling coaches and increase numbers playing...the best will always go to development squads(daddy will bring them)

El Jefe

Quote from: SCFC on July 24, 2017, 10:37:53 PM
Emo Courtwood 1-15 Ballyroan 0-8.
Something like that anyway. Big gulf in class. O'Flynn, Langford, Kinsella, Dunne all very good. Owens disappointing. Diarmuid Whelan lacked support for BA.
Owens was far from disappointing. Took 2/3 Ballyroan players with him every time he went on a run which left players free elsewhere. Needs to work on his final ball but a huge talent. St Paul's were miles ahead all over the field

The final will more than likely be a repeat of last years 2 finals and the upcoming U17 Championship final - Port v St Paul's

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on July 27, 2017, 11:55:33 AM
Something like that anyway. Big gulf in class. O'Flynn, Langford, Kinsella, Dunne all very good. Owens disappointing. Diarmuid Whelan lacked support for BA.
Owens was far from disappointing. Took 2/3 Ballyroan players with him every time he went on a run which left players free elsewhere. Needs to work on his final ball but a huge talent. St Paul's were miles ahead all over the field

The final will more than likely be a repeat of last years 2 finals and the upcoming U17 Championship final - Port v St Paul's
There there young Owens, it won't be your day every time you go out. Pick yourself back up for the next round.

SCFC

Quote from: El Jefe on July 27, 2017, 11:55:33 AM

OK, Owens was great. Whatever.

El Jefe

Handy win for St Paul's last night v St Joseph's. Port should win tonight to set up a good final

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on August 04, 2017, 01:05:06 PM
Handy win for St Paul's last night v St Joseph's. Port should win tonight to set up a good final
How did you fare last night young Owens?

El Jefe

Ha, I wish I had've been half as good as him when I was that age. Unfortunately a long time gone by that, your investigtive skills need a lot of work

Port did as expected last night too, should be a good final

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on August 05, 2017, 09:44:47 AM
Ha, I wish I had've been half as good as him when I was that age. Unfortunately a long time gone by that, your investigtive skills need a lot of work

He obviously got it from his mothers side so.

SCFC

Expect a close final in this Friday week.
Emo Courtwood Rock were arguably better than Portarlington in their semi final display. But it could go any way really.
Kirwan and O'Flynn were exceptional for ECR in their game. Coffey was brilliant for Port. They are on a collision course!!

El Jefe

Quote from: Don Draper on August 05, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

Think you're best to let this one go, you're so far off its hilarious

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on August 15, 2017, 02:42:30 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on August 05, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

Think you're best to let this one go, you're so far off its hilarious
Pass on our best regards to the chap, its a massive day. You can repeat the leaving, etc...

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Very poor final. I'm sure port aren't too worried though.
Not too many stand out players. I though port full back was very good. And their number 10. Not many of the emo Courtwood team played well really.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Downtheroad

Quote from: SCFC on August 18, 2017, 09:56:44 PM
Very poor final. I'm sure port aren't too worried though.
Not too many stand out players. I though port full back was very good. And their number 10. Not many of the emo Courtwood team played well really.
Having seen these playing the whole way up from under 12, it appears that  a lot of the St Paul's players haven't progressed as much as one would expect. Port were decent enough last night and their  future looks fairly bright considering how well their senior team is going.