Leinster Club Football and Hurling

Started by Unlaoised, October 29, 2015, 11:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Most of us "supporters" couldn't get off our fat back sides enough to make the grade when we were young. So why blame someone else if he can't train 5 times a week for the county? Sounds just a bit hypocritical.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Well done Portlaoise on a fab win today. Some of the best football I have seen them play in O'Moore Park for a long time. Best of luck in the final on Dec 6th.
Listen to Kieran Lillis on the win..
https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/kieran-lillis-portlaoise-into-leinster-final

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/1122/748437-portlaoise-goal-burst-crushes-emmet/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Congrats to Ballypickas on their Leinster Final win yesterday.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

So it's Klitschko v Tyson Fury on Sunday according to Michael Daragh McCauley.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Best of Luck to Portloaise on sunday I know everyone in our club will be right behind the Laois team over in Tullamore!

(hope this storm stays away)
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

OTF

How did Portlaoise not win that game,after the first 10 minutes that totally dominated.

MDM = prize pr**k

Saint75

That's a bad Ballyboden team.

Portlaoise did everything they could to lose that.

INDIANA

Quote from: Saint75 on December 06, 2015, 06:20:04 PM

Bad ? - how shite are laois then so

Saint75

Quote from: INDIANA on December 06, 2015, 06:37:51 PM
Quote from: Saint75 on December 06, 2015, 06:20:04 PM

Bad ? - how shite are laois then so

Would expect more from a Dublin team that beat Vincent's.

Portlaoise let in a soft goal, missed goal chances, missed 20yrd free and numerous point chances.

This is not to take from Ballyboden. I just think Portlaoise will be kicking themselves.

Catch and Kick

I never felt so sorry for a player as i did for Cahillane yesterday when he missed that free. Fingers will be pointed at him for throwing the game away but in truth Portlaoise missed a lot more chances. In my book the better footballers lost.
You have to admire how Portlaoise play the game; they are pure footballers and it is a shame they have not got their rewards at Leinster level over the past four finals.

burdizzo

Yes, I agree. I'm not a football man at all, but we happened to be in Tullamore yesterday so dropped in to the game. Early in the second half I said Portlaoise were better, and that they'd win. However, the ball off the post, a save by the goalie, a couple of refereeing decisions, and of course, the late misses, meant they just couldn't do it. Mnid you, I thought Keany was superb for Ballyboden. Who got MOTM?

Helix

Speedy recovery to Eoghan Whelan who got a broken jaw with the shoulder from MDMA in 1st half. Portlaoise missed the boat big time that'll   be the most sickening of the final losses to date. That missed free at the end shouldn't have been the bearings of the game. Dropping balls into goalies hand too many times in first half and silly shots from acute angles didn't help coupled with getting caught on the counter attack leading to the 2 sloppy goals. Mind you ballyboden had plenty of chances for goals only for 2 savage saves from Brody and one kicked over near the end the game would have been over at ht. That point from Healy was one of the best scores I've seen this year if only you could clone a few more lads like him. Can't see Ballyboden turning over crossmaglen or castlebar in a final should they win semi. Big strong team.

Shows how sport is cruel to you no doubt they'll be back. Hard to believe 2 laois teams were close to winning leinster club titles (CB losing to Oulart another one that got away, whether they would have beaten Clara and Cuala remains to be answered).
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Uisce

Felt sorry for Portlaoise at the end yesterday. They played some lovely football but were just a bit wasteful throughout, dropped a few short in the first half and struggled to get scores when they should have. They were definitely the better team, played nicer football.

They probably don't have the resources on the bench they would like, Paul Cotter and Adrian Kelly would have been a big help yesterday. They will get their crack at Leinster again next year anyway, nobody in Laois will beat them.

Hospital Pass

Very entertaining game of football yesterday. when you factor in the condition of the pitch after the recent weather it makes it all the more impressive. Cahillane will feel fairly raw today but his good form was a major factor in how they made yesterdays final.