Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

I played against their reserves recently and they were saying their FF more or less could swap out with seniors and make no difference. Their reserve team easily the best we've played.

TabClear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 25, 2018, 03:22:23 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on May 25, 2018, 02:52:54 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 25, 2018, 02:29:13 PM
Just took a random look at the tables in all divisions there lads, senior and reserves.

How are Greencastle reserves 7/7 wins and their senior team struggling so much?
Was discussed on here about the amount of Senior players Greencastle have lost to Australia. 2 McCullaghs, Warnock, McDermott etc etc.
As in regards reserves going so well, I would say they have an excellent squad of players which makes their reserves very competitive, but not enough quality to make a serious impression on their senior team. They are the lowest scorers in Division 2 as well. Probably a case of excellent reserves but not good enough for senior for a lot of there players.

The old too good for reserves, not enough in tank for senior problem.

Even more pronounced in Junior football. 4 of the top 5 in Reserve table (Fintona/Clan Na gael/ EC III/Drumragh) are mid table or below in the seniors.

Club boi

Now that we are 7 games + in, are numbers at Clubs still down, as reported pre season and reserves still struggling to field??

omagh_gael

We've fielded In all our games so far. As far as I am aware Derrytresk have conceded at least 3 fixtures, Aghaloo 2 and Urney once. Not sure how that stacks up to previous years as I'm just getting back into the football myself.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Club boi on May 25, 2018, 04:00:54 PM
Now that we are 7 games + in, are numbers at Clubs still down, as reported pre season and reserves still struggling to field??

Moy have conceded a few reserve games - not sure how many though. Think they are only senior team to do this, thus far.

Tyrone Gaa

Carrickmore are really in the mix for relegation. Anyone that thinks there not is deluded. Steamrolled by Coalisland today.
Living the dream!!!

redzone

Looking at their games left I'd say they might stay up. Still worrrting times for them. Coaisland got rid of their management recently, will carrickmore players do the same. The game has moved on a lot since Monroe last managed it seems.

Tyrone95

Quote from: redzone on May 27, 2018, 09:39:36 PM
Looking at their games left I'd say they might stay up. Still worrrting times for them. Coaisland got rid of their management recently, will carrickmore players do the same. The game has moved on a lot since Monroe last managed it seems.
I'd be certain this will not be the case in Carmen. Yes we haven't started the season well but in reality this past few years has been a matter of assuring safety with anything above that being a bonus. I have full faith that the 3 men at the helm are the right men for the job and will get us through this 'transition period' which is breeding successful minor and u16 teams through. Frustrating as an onlooker to see the performances produced vs Killyclogher, clonoe and 2nd half in Omagh cannot be maintained consistently.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 27, 2018, 10:18:31 PM
I'd be certain this will not be the case in Carmen. Yes we haven't started the season well but in reality this past few years has been a matter of assuring safety with anything above that being a bonus. I have full faith that the 3 men at the helm are the right men for the job and will get us through this 'transition period' which is breeding successful minor and u16 teams through. Frustrating as an onlooker to see the performances produced vs Killyclogher, clonoe and 2nd half in Omagh cannot be maintained consistently.

They have better players on their reserve team than they have on the senior side.Penrose Donnely Gormley and Daly all on the wrong side of 35. Holding out positions from some excellent youth players.Some big decisions to be made in Carrickmore but they have to much quality not to turn it around a few men need to be sent off to the glue factory.

Tyrone95

Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 27, 2018, 10:58:56 PM

They have better players on their reserve team than they have on the senior side.Penrose Donnely Gormley and Daly all on the wrong side of 35. Holding out positions from some excellent youth players.Some big decisions to be made in Carrickmore but they have to much quality not to turn it around a few men need to be sent off to the glue factory.
It's impossible for any club to just flog these experienced players and expect a bunch of 18/19/20 year olds to compete at a high level with no experience or advice from such players. Carmens injury list also not helping the current league form with another 2 serious injury's today, penrose (suspected achilles) and young ciaran cuddy who was stretchered off at the end of the game with what looked like a cruciate injury!

Tyrone Gaa

If there good enough there old enough. Look at young Kilpatrick from Edendork he's not struggling with senior football, Kerr in Galbally, derrylaughan have a very young side. I'm sure there are plenty more. Carrickmore maybe afraid to call time on boys that won't call time on themselves.
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Division 2 really tight this year 1 defeat/win can swing a season one way or another for a load of clubs.

Whatever happened with The Lough Greencastle game discipline wise and when will it be replayed? How is the lad Carson now?

TheWaterBoy

Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 27, 2018, 11:09:55 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 27, 2018, 10:58:56 PM

It's impossible for any club to just flog these experienced players and expect a bunch of 18/19/20 year olds to compete at a high level with no experience or advice from such players. Carmens injury list also not helping the current league form with another 2 serious injury's today, penrose (suspected achilles) and young ciaran cuddy who was stretchered off at the end of the game with what looked like a cruciate injury!
A few of the successful minor team of 2016 are going to America for the summer which wont help things.

W.A.G. Lover

Dates for fixtures for this Weekend have changed again, with games on Friday and Saturday now.
Anyone got the inside information on this change?
Near impossible to plan a weekend with dates constantly changing.

barelegs

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on May 28, 2018, 12:55:00 PM
Dates for fixtures for this Weekend have changed again, with games on Friday and Saturday now.
Anyone got the inside information on this change?
Near impossible to plan a weekend with dates constantly changing.

I haven't heard any confirmation but I imagine it's to ensure that the clubs with U20 players have them available with their Ulster semi final on Friday week.