The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2018, 10:08:17 PM
Great game, Liverpool on a different planet at the minute, they will be the team that the teams will want to avoid!

Really? You don't think teams would rather avoid Barca, PSG, Real, Bayern and City?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on February 16, 2018, 07:54:21 AM
Great game, Liverpool on a different planet at the minute, they will be the team that the teams will want to avoid!

Really? You don't think teams would rather avoid Barca, PSG, Real, Bayern and City?

The form Liverpool has currently is better I'd say than Madrid PSG and Bayern, on a par with City and Barca.. Liverpool have grown in this competition also this year and they have tradition on their side also, albeit this team hasn't much experience in Europe they still have tradition to fall back on!

Getting a premiership team would be their downfall I think! And it's more than likely they will..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2018, 08:03:43 AM

The form Liverpool has currently is better I'd say than Madrid PSG and Bayern, on a par with City and Barca.. Liverpool have grown in this competition also this year and they have tradition on their side also, albeit this team hasn't much experience in Europe they still have tradition to fall back on!

Getting a premiership team would be their downfall I think! And it's more than likely they will..

There are designed for Europe but let's be honest
On a good day they could tank anyone and another day Carlisle United could put three past them within reply.
Following Liverpool is a roller coaster and not for the nervous type.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

TabClear

Liverpool's problem will be the consistency. They could easily ship 2 or 3 away goals to any of the teams at Anfield and end up chasing the tie which is not something that they are suited to..

I see the team are training in Marbella as they have a weekend off after the WBA fiasco in the cup.  Old friend showed up with Dagger appearing at training.  :D

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/virgil-van-dijk-takes-charge-14297175

I did not realise he was only 33 still. If he had not been so blighted by injuries he could have been an absolute legend for the last ten years. Classy footballer.

Also rumours circulating that Liverpool have agreed terms with Roma keeper Alisson in advance of a £62m summer move. Sounds a bit too like last summers VVD fiasco for my liking! Can you "tap up" foreign players or does that only apply in premiership? Also, if thats the kind of money being talked about for him, what will Utd get for de Gea if Madrid come calling? £100m plus you would imagine. Failing to service that fax machine could turn out to be Utd's best ever move in the transfer market....

blewuporstuffed

I was always a big fan of Agger when he was at the club, such a pity he could never stay fit.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tonto1888

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 16, 2018, 10:38:12 AM
Agger was fantastic

Wouldn't say that. Always felt he was a level below the best CBs in the premier league at the time - Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry etc.
On his day he was very good. Just a pity he was injured for most of his time at the club.

TabClear

Quote from: TabClear on February 16, 2018, 09:48:58 AM
Liverpool's problem will be the consistency. They could easily ship 2 or 3 away goals to any of the teams at Anfield and end up chasing the tie which is not something that they are suited to..

I see the team are training in Marbella as they have a weekend off after the WBA fiasco in the cup.  Old friend showed up with Dagger appearing at training.  :D

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/virgil-van-dijk-takes-charge-14297175

I did not realise he was only 33 still. If he had not been so blighted by injuries he could have been an absolute legend for the last ten years. Classy footballer.

Also rumours circulating that Liverpool have agreed terms with Roma keeper Alisson in advance of a £62m summer move. Sounds a bit too like last summers VVD fiasco for my liking! Can you "tap up" foreign players or does that only apply in premiership? Also, if thats the kind of money being talked about for him, what will Utd get for de Gea if Madrid come calling? £100m plus you would imagine. Failing to service that fax machine could turn out to be Utd's best ever move in the transfer market....

Somebody is lying to me..... ::) ::)

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/liverpool-working-sign-alisson-roma/
http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/liverpool-pull-out-of-race-for-e65m-roma-star-62442

brokencrossbar1

Of course they're going to confirm that they are in the market for a keeper when they are at a crucial time of the season and a keeper finally showing some form. Alisson is a step up from the current keepers and if he is being bought he will be bought but no chat till the summer I'd imagine.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 16, 2018, 02:41:32 PM
Of course they're going to confirm that they are in the market for a keeper when they are at a crucial time of the season and a keeper finally showing some form. Alisson is a step up from the current keepers and if he is being bought he will be bought but no chat till the summer I'd imagine.

Better keeper, kieta coming Klopp is going for it, on paper should be a good team next year. Keeping hold of salah is a problem though.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Billys Boots

I understand that Mattia Perin (Genoa FC) is thought to be the outstanding goalkeeper in Serie-A this season.  Just saying.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 16, 2018, 03:24:39 PM

Better keeper, kieta coming Klopp is going for it, on paper should be a good team next year. Keeping hold of salah is a problem though.

Always
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 16, 2018, 03:24:39 PM

The more goals he scores from here on, the more likely he'll not be at Liverpool next season.   Go Mo! 👍

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2018, 08:03:43 AM

So if a team draws say Barca (if they get through) in the next round...they'll be thinking, 'phew glad we didn't get Liverpool!'?