Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Wobbler 5sams all joking aside would you be happy with the way your year went with Ballyholland?
Finished 4th from bottom in division 1
Beat 2 division 2 teams in the championship
And failed to field on 2 occasions?
Not a great year for a club with some great underage success over the years?
Who is leading the way at the club if you don't mind me asking?

GAA GAA Land

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 05, 2017, 08:05:02 AM
Quote from: GAA GAA Land on November 05, 2017, 05:14:46 AM
Quote from: Johnny McCumiskey on November 02, 2017, 07:51:46 PM
After reading today's Irish News about the Loughinisland massacre would any body in there right mind want to join the P.S.N.I.
Strongly suggest you read Brolly's article about Peadar Heffron. I Would hope you wouldn't repeat the mistakes of some Creggan Kickhams members if a player from your club were to join.

You should read what some Kickham's members are writing about the article to see Brolly was incredibly liberal with the truth.
I have read what some members have said and no doubt Brolly, as per usual, has sensationalised a fair bit but it is the view that Johnny McCumiskey holds which is a dangerous one. Saying no one in their right might would want to join the P.S.N.I. is incredibly polarising and goes to show the hatred is still there for a uniform despite who wears it. Peadar Heffron joined the force for all the right reasons and some GAA members at this moment may also be willing to join the PSNI for the same reasons.

east down gael

Could we not leave this kind of talk to the relevant thread boys? I have political views,just like we all do. Wouldn't dream of bringing them up at the side of a pitch and don't see why on this forum should be different.

Rodders88

Youre right Jim...Shane O'Hare and Pluggy Barry are mighty men for a "3rds Team"

JimmyFloydMay123

Can we not all agree that the league should have finished a while ago? I'd say its damn difficult for teams like Ballyholland who would have a very small panel to keep players playing into the start of November. Maybe Ballyholland will need a bigger panel of players for next year to prevent this. However it is different for Castlewellan who are playing for the league. Its the County boards fault- and it needs to change for next season. So I'd say Castlewellan can keep there complaints to themselves.

downjim

Good to see the heavyweights in division four stopping the seconds teams going into the senior leagues

eyeswideopen

Quote from: downjim on November 11, 2017, 03:53:44 PM
Good to see the heavyweights in division four stopping the seconds teams going into the senior leagues

What has happened on this front?

umpire

Congratulations to Rostrevor on winning today Ulster Intermediate championship semi final against Milford of Donegal by 0.13 to 0.12

Final in 2 weeks time against Moy of Tyrone

Smurfy123

Well done Rostrevor on a great win
Shane Mulholland working his magic
It will be a great final

Lecale Gael

Quote from: downjim on November 11, 2017, 03:53:44 PM

proper order too. you don't mess with junior clubs
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

crice123

I hear rostrevor vs the moy are on before the senior final anyword on this being true??🔴⚫️

supersub

elk

If they beat Moy, is this Rostrevor team capable of going all the way and winning the AI?

befair

Quote from: elk on November 14, 2017, 12:25:14 PM
If they beat Moy, is this Rostrevor team capable of going all the way and winning the AI?

Not sure, the Kavanaghs were formidable in the first semi-final for Moy and will be hard to handle. Rostrevor are a very young team, and were electric for the first 15 mins, when they built a winning lead, but seemed to lose composure afterwards. It would be great to see them win, especially for Sean Parr, who has been one of the best footballers in the county for the last ten years; if he'd been on the pitch against Cork in 2010 we might have taken Sam home

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: befair on November 14, 2017, 09:32:28 PM
Quote from: elk on November 14, 2017, 12:25:14 PM

Not sure, the Kavanaghs were formidable in the first semi-final for Moy and will be hard to handle. Rostrevor are a very young team, and were electric for the first 15 mins, when they built a winning lead, but seemed to lose composure afterwards. It would be great to see them win, especially for Sean Parr, who has been one of the best footballers in the county for the last ten years; if he'd been on the pitch against Cork in 2010 we might have taken Sam home

Undoubtedly.
That's where it went wrong.