"Who is the best Free Taker in Ireland"

Started by Cic Saor, August 08, 2012, 12:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rrhf on August 13, 2012, 06:18:41 PM
in 1986 aifinal Tyrone played a forward line which included Bob Mc Nally,...

Do you mean Seán Mc Nally rrhf?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

fearglasmor

Quote from: neilthemac on August 13, 2012, 05:48:33 PM
Micheál Kerins of Sligo has been acknowledged as the best free taker by many ex county players of his era

I'll see your Mickey Kerins and raise you a Tony McTeague.

seanaglis

Charlie Redmond didnt miss many frees

Shame about the penalties. The down ones wouldnt be going on about 5 if he stuck the one in 94 away

panc56

Gary Mason/Ross Carr from Down team in the 90s missed feck all. Mattie Forde recent of Wexford. This year though Sean McCormack from Longford missed 6 frees in 13 outings. Some record.

Milltown Row2

Joe Canning doesn't miss too many, DJ in his pump and Shefflin would not have missed much either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rrhf

If you kick it into the goal you get triple pints

Cic Saor

I have been asked a few reoccurring questions about the Cic Saor Championships through our website www.cicsaor.ie

(Q) How long will the event last?

(A) This very much depends on how many entries we have. We can facilitate 500 contestants so time scale is based on this figure. The first contestant will start at 8am, our target is to complete Round (1) by 12 o clock, Round (2) by 2pm, Round (3) by 4pm, Round (4) by 6pm, Round (5) is the semi final and round (6) is the final, these two rounds should not take more than 1 hour to complete so this would mean the competition should finish up somewhere between 7-8 pm. I would say that this is most likely worst case scenario; we could very easily have our winner well before 6pm.

(Q) How many chances do I get for my entry Fee?

(A) Firstly a dinner voucher will be included with every entry fee. You get two lives to start with; lives can be carried through each round. If you are knocked out in rounds 1, 2, or 3 you have the option to re-enter for a fee of €20. (Note; you can only re-enter the round you have been knocked of and each round has a limit to the amount of re-entries you are allowed) for further details see our rules on www.cicsaor.ie . Lastly; if you make it to the Semi Final without a re-entry you will receive an extra life.

(Q) Can I buy in on the day of the event?

(A) "No" there are many reasons for this. The main one is, to ensure that event is properly organised in relation to officials, facilities, health and safety etc, we would need to know accurate numbers a week before the event takes place, which is why registration closes on 1st of September. It is important for anyone interested in entering, to do so ASAP.

(Q) What time dose the competition start?

(A) This is a particularly important question. Every entrant will receive a randomly selected "Start Time" and "Pitch Number", beginning at 8am. We would ask every contestant to be at their allotted pitch at least 5Min's before their "Start Time", we will send an information pack by email or text to each contestant four days before the event starts.

(Q) Are Frees taken from the ground or from the hands

(A) Both ways are allowed, you cannot use a kicking tee and drop kicks are not allowed.

If you have any questions about the Cic Saor Championships please don't hesitate to ask at info@cicsaor.ie

kind Regards
Cic Saor

Taxcon

Was just thinking that the cic saor could be a great fundraiser for clubs.

Clubs could enter their best free kickers and if they win the club would receive the prize.

The club could also possibly get more sponsorship from their sponsors if they do well, as it looks like this competition will get a lot of publicity.( our sponsor has already said that they will buy us a new kit if any of the 3 of us finish in the top 10)

Can cic saor tell me if players are able to play on behalf of their own club and can they wear their own club jersey showing their club sponsors.

If so it would be win win all round.

Who is the best?   ME and I will prove it on the 8th Sept. BRING IT ON!!!

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2012, 10:11:59 PM
Joe Canning doesn't miss too many, DJ in his pump and Shefflin would not have missed much either

In his pump, you say?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 19, 2012, 12:03:25 AM

In his pump, you say?

Relentless.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

haranguerer

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on August 19, 2012, 12:04:58 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 19, 2012, 12:03:25 AM

In his pump, you say?

Relentless.

Grammar police!! Pomp
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Buckass

Mayo s Maurice Sheridan was outrageous on the frees in late 90s.major reason Mayo made 96 and 97 finals and hamstring early doors in 97 undid any hope they had

AZOffaly

Has this competition been stopped by Croke Park?