The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Isn't redistribution of wealth the essence of being in the corner of the underdog. And literally every tax is redistribution of wealth. But carry on
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on May 15, 2017, 03:18:52 PM
Isn't redistribution of wealth the essence of being in the corner of the underdog. And literally every tax is redistribution of wealth. But carry on

But the issue is they're not redistributing it from the wealthy, they're redistributing it from the middle class.  That's why Obamacare was such a clusterfvck for them

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/

And in the blue states that I've lived in, the Democrats create these huge bureaucracies that divert the tax dollars from where it really should be going (and employ all their second and third cousins with do nothing jobs at the same time)

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2017, 03:50:45 PM

But the issue is they're not redistributing it from the wealthy, they're redistributing it from the middle class.  That's why Obamacare was such a clusterfvck for them

And in the blue states that I've lived in, the Democrats create these huge bureaucracies that divert the tax dollars from where it really should be going (and employ all their second and third cousins with do nothing jobs at the same time)

Now you're just getting hysterical! ;D You're claiming that the Dems are basically an Italian organized crime organization creating no-show jobs for the boys!

And health care premiums are NOT taxes. Perhaps the government subsidies should be extended to higher incomes than currently to help these people, but I seriously doubt that you personally would support that (I'm f**king positive the politicians you support don't support that!).

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 15, 2017, 04:09:29 PM

Now you're just getting hysterical! ;D You're claiming that the Dems are basically an Italian organized crime organization creating no-show jobs for the boys!

And health care premiums are NOT taxes. Perhaps the government subsidies should be extended to higher incomes than currently to help these people, but I seriously doubt that you personally would support that (I'm f**king positive the politicians you support don't support that!).

Oh....I'm deadly serious.  I just happened to be out in Chicago for work when this story broke

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-pat-quinn-idot-patronage-madigan-edit-0430-20170428-story,amp.html

" Never was told, never got a resume to find something or interview." — Klemz after being instructed to onboard an "emergency" hire who was the stepdaughter of Lightford, D-Maywood. The candidate, whose most recent job was as a FedEx package handler, displaced a lawyer already chosen for the job."

I have extended family members who work for the State of MA and they can pretty much get anyone who's politically connected a job doing fvck all

omochain

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2017, 04:32:08 PM

Oh....I'm deadly serious.  I just happened to be out in Chicago for work when this story broke

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-pat-quinn-idot-patronage-madigan-edit-0430-20170428-story,amp.html

" Never was told, never got a resume to find something or interview." — Klemz after being instructed to onboard an "emergency" hire who was the stepdaughter of Lightford, D-Maywood. The candidate, whose most recent job was as a FedEx package handler, displaced a lawyer already chosen for the job."

I have extended family members who work for the State of MA and they can pretty much get anyone who's politically connected a job doing fvck all

That's a very sobering and disturbing read. Quinn's administration was appalling. Quinn's administration was patently wrong but thank god not the way most of our State Governments are run.

However you choose to miss the point.
This country built the greatest engine for working class upward mobility on the back of a progressive tax system and intelligent infrastructure spending between the mid 1930's up to the Reagan administration. 

Regan changed all of that .. he convinced enough working people with a toxic mix of racism and the fantasy that they were all going to be taxed to death when they became millionaires; that Government was bad and paying taxes was even worse. Check the economic metrics for the US, 1935 to 1980 and compare to the same metrics from 1980 to date and you will see the stark difference in income growth for the working class.

But I forgot you don't do numbers just anecdotes.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2017, 04:32:08 PM

Sorry, I'm laughing at your suggestion that this is a Democratic thing. You don't think GOP politicians all over the country engage in the same patronage/spoils shit?

If we're going with anecdotes, I've personally come across a few political appointees in my time myself, including some put in "jobs" by a very high profile, grandstanding, tough talking, "small government" GOP governor. I know another lad who got a job (although he was good at it) through a certain GOP mayor out of ethnic and political favouritism.

whitey

Believe whatever you want.....

I never said that corruption didn't occur in Red States...I'm sure it does, just nowhere near the same extent as it occurs in the Democratic states.

You accused me of being hysterical for suggesting Democrats were "creating" jobs for  the politically connected. I provided evidence in the Tribune article, but now that is an "anecdote"

How many anecdotes do you need before you admit there's a problem?

Tell you what, you can keep paying your taxes like a good sheep to ensure your state senators third cousin twice removed can get a state job with a pension and benefits doing fvck all.  I'll do whatever I need to do to now pay as little tax as possible and still stay on the right side of the law.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2017, 06:40:14 PM
Believe whatever you want.....

I never said that corruption didn't occur in Red States...I'm sure it does, just nowhere near the same extent as it occurs in the Democratic states.

Based on?

You accused me of being hysterical for suggesting Democrats were "creating" jobs for  the politically connected. I provided evidence in the Tribune article, but now that is an "anecdote"

How many anecdotes do you need before you admit there's a problem?

You're making claims about Democrats in the blue states you've lived in creating huge bureaucracies filled with idle relatives of politicians. You provided an article about a governor in Illinois. Fair enough, Chicago is corrupt as f**k. You made some personal assertions about stuff you've personally seen. Doesn't mean that the entire Democratic Party or liberals in general are. Just as the anecdotes I've related about two very high profile GOP figures in the NY tri-state area doesn't mean the entire GOP or conservatives are corrupt either.

Although one wonders why the GOP is so opposed to campaign finance laws and restricting dark money in politics if they are so much cleaner than the Democrats?

Tell you what, you can keep paying your taxes like a good sheep to ensure your state senators third cousin twice removed can get a state job with a pension and benefits doing fvck all.  I'll do whatever I need to do to now pay as little tax as possible and still stay on the right side of the law.

Ok. ;D

seafoid

Mary Jordan‏

@marycjordan 
The painful truth about teeth. 1 in 5 Americans over 65 don't have a single real tooth left
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Norman Ornstein‏ @NormOrnstein 
We need an independent prosecutor with no personal relationship with Trump. I suggest Melania

Gabriel_Hurl

Comrade Don spilling highly classified info to the Russians in the Oval Office last week - surely not??????????

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 16, 2017, 12:41:12 AM
Comrade Don spilling highly classified info to the Russians in the Oval Office last week - surely not??????????

In the Don's own words carelesssness in the handling of classified information means you're not fit for office!!

Eamonnca1

Yesterday he denied it. Today he defended it.

You cannot make this stuff up.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 16, 2017, 06:05:58 PM
Yesterday he denied it. Today he defended it.

You cannot make this stuff up.
You can if you are DJT