Westmeath Hurlers - Fair Play

Started by AZOffaly, December 12, 2016, 04:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

No. Shorter AZ "f**k off you miserable hoor" :)

rrhf

Great gesture from Westmeath.  The spotlight now moves to the Dubs and their alleged breakfast allowances. 

No seriously though all counties should follow this lead.  Class act.

Jinxy

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if the Dubs give up a meal.
Although I wouldn't be that keen on a feed of broccoli and boiled chicken myself.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: five points on December 14, 2016, 10:03:12 AM
If the Westmeath hurlers don't need a post-match meal, they shouldn't be asking their county board and their own clubs to foot an unnecessary bill.  Charity donations are much more impressive when you spend your own money, not someone else's.
where does it say they don't need a post-match meal?  They are giving one up you clown.  They will still need to eat which they will fund themselves rather than take the free meal they would have got funded by the county board.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 14, 2016, 09:54:13 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 13, 2016, 11:00:04 PM
Well done Westmeath. Class act.

:o *faints

LOL - I knew you'd be astonished!

Still we can park the slagging, like Christmas 1914 (well that was more than slagging in fairness), once in a while for a noble cause!

Buttofthehill

Quote from: Jinxy on December 14, 2016, 01:57:28 PM
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if the Dubs give up a meal.
Although I wouldn't be that keen on a feed of broccoli and boiled chicken myself.

Sure it'll be pre packed and all. The Dubs could physically hand it out themselves seen as they have no jobs!

Well done Westmeath btw :)

Jinxy

Just heard Mickey Burke has volunteered to give up half of one of his meals to feed a homeless family.

Croí na hÉireann

If the Westmeath hurlers don't need a post-match meal, they shouldn't be asking their county board and their own clubs to foot an unnecessary bill.  Charity donations are much more impressive when you spend your own money, not someone else's.

Much more impressive than spending any amount of money is giving your time.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

That's true, particularly in this day and age where 'support' often consists of a re-tweet from the comfort of an armchair.

muppet

Can I just ask, are you from Cavan?
MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on December 15, 2016, 03:39:54 PM

Can I just ask, are you from Cavan?

Even Cavan people aren't that miserable. I think it's a blobfish.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

outside of the football there is a lot of creativity in the GAA

Never beat the deeler

Nice gesture from Westmeath hurlers. You will always get people that use it as a stick to beat them - why aren't they donating money, why aren't they donating their time.

They may well be doing that also, the two actions aren't mutually exclusive, but a meal is a very good symbol as a donation to homeless people.

What's more, this may make other people think about donating to a homeless charity or shelter. Any or all donations on the back of their example would be welcomed.
Hasta la victoria siempre