FAO HESHS UMPIRE/LAOIS LAD

Started by Bud Wiser, March 04, 2007, 08:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

The very best of good luck with that Bud, we'll be thinking about you.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Best of luck Bud, hope this is one fight Laois win comfortabley.
#newbridgeornowhere

stephenite

All the very best, can't think of anything to say but chin up man. In our thoughts

lynchbhoy

Hope all goes well for you Bud.

Hope there are some nice looking nurses in there to keep you cheerful....

brokencrossbar1

Best wishes bud man!  I have seen enough people beat it to know that you can do it.  Thoughts and prayers flying your way from the BC house.

SlimShady

Jesus, thats rough news man. Try and stay positive and try and keep the chin up! though its easier said than done.

and get well for Cheltenham or else Maddog will have to pick his own losers  :P

GaillimhIarthair

Best of luck Bud, get well soon, I expect you to be back here regularly in no time...........

Your in our thoughts

Croí na hÉireann

Keep de head up Bud, hope de result on Wed is better for u than it was yesterday...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Heshs Umpire

Bud,
Not much I can add to what the other posters have said here, good luck with everything.
Disastrous sounding result yesterday. Looks like we had a pretty full strength team out so I don't know what the future looks like for us.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The Claw

Wicklow also took a skelp off ourselves here in Meath - trust me - they're the form team!
Best of luck Bud, get well soon.

The Real Laoislad

Only just seen thread Bud,Sorry to hear about your situation but being from Laois it means your a stubborn auld c*** the same as the rest of us O'Moore men and im sure you'll get through this and not let it beat you
As for yesterday well thats the last thing you should be worrying about and god knows Laois hurlers have caused many a man stress over the last century
Wasn't at match and i got a massive shock when i saw the result,Was just after texting a few Kilkenny lads slagging them about Tipp beating them when next thing i saw Wicklow were after beating us :-[
I thought all this trainning we were doing was going to help us turn the corner but i can't remember a result as bad as this
It doesn't bode well for us when Dublin are able get a result out of Kilkenny and we can't beat Wicklow and i would have put Laois ahead of Dublin or at least on a par with them,seems i was wrong
With all due respects to the league we are in but we should be winning all them matches by 10 points or more
Maybe it was just one of those days we'll have to wait and see
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Wicklow 2-12

Laois 1-12

NHL Division 2A

WONDERFUL Wicklow carved out a memorable first victory over a fancied Laois outfit at Arklow yesterday.

Laois came to this match as the hot favourites to collect their second brace of league points, but they came up against a home side that was on fire from the word go. Wicklow played with the same passion and commitment that saw off Meath in their opening league match and their led their opponents for much of the match.

And it was goal poacher and corner-forward Wayne O'Gorman who drove the vital nails in Laois's coffin, rattling the visitors net in each half for the killer scores.

Glenealy clubman O'Gorman, getting his first start with Wicklow this year, banged home his first goal after 23 minutes of the first half, following good work by Leighton Glynn and Seánie Furlong, and this set the home side up for 1-8 to 0-6 lead at half-time after playing into the wind.

Laois had their best spell after the restart when substitute Seamus Dwyer whipped over two points. Wing-back Conor Dunne and centre-back James Young (65) added two more to reduce the deficit to a single point (1-8 to 0-10).

However, Laois were not able to shake off the spirited Wicklow men who kept coming back at them. Laois ended up substituting four of their six forwards, an indication of the vice-like grip in which the Wicklow backs held their opponents.

Joe Murphy was majestic at centre half-back, Jeffrey Bermingham and Anthony Furlong completed an impregnable half back-line while the inside backs, Eoin O'Neill, MA O'Neill and Willie Collins were equally impressive.

Knocked off their stroke and out of their stride, Laois shot an alarming 17 wides in total, and twice they were thwarted for goals by Tom Finn with super saves at the expense of '65s which James Young converted to points.

Yet after 25 minutes of the second half, full-forward Tommy Fitzgerald, with a goal, put Laois in front (1-12 to 1-11) for the first time since the early minutes of the game.

Joe Murphy levelled the scores with a point from an 80-yard free and then in the 27th minute of the second half, O'Gorman finished to the net for his second goal after good work by Jonathan O'Neill with a great catch and delivery. O'Neill was another of Wicklow's many heroes, finishing the game with 0-7.

SCORERS - Wicklow: J O'Neill 0-7; W O'Gorman 2-0; D Hyland 0-2; L Glynn, S Furlong, J Murphy (f) 0-1 each. Laois: T Fitzgerald 1-1; J Young, N Costello 0-2, S Dwyer 0-2 each; S Dollard, C Dunne, D Carter, J Fitzpatrick, W Hyland 0-1 each.

WICKLOW - T Finn; E O'Neill, MA O'Neill, W Collins; J Bermingham, J Murphy, A Furlong; D Moran, L Glynn; J O'Neill, E Kearns, A Tiernan; D Hyland, S Furlong, W O'Gorman. Subs: T Doyle for E Kearns, G Doran for D Moran, R Keddy for A Tiernan.

LAOIS - P Mulanney; B Champion, B Ferns, M Whelan; C Dunne, J Young, J Walsh; J Fitzpatrick, Joe Phelan; W Hyland, S Dollard, J Brophy; Jason Phelan, T Fitzgerald, N Costello. Subs: P Russell for Jason Phelan, JJ McHugh for S Dollard, Seamus Dwyer for J Brophy, D Carter for N Costello.

REF - D Murphy (Wexford).

Filed under: Laois Hurling

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Heshs Umpire

Draws were made last night Bud/Laois lad. What do ye make of them?

Laois Senior Hurling Championship Groups

Group A

Tinnahinch

Camross

St Fintans Mountrath

Clonad

Clough Ballacolla

Ballinakill

Group B

Rathdowney-Errill (C)

The Harps

Portlaoise

Castletown

Kilcotton

Ballyfin
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The Real Laoislad

Well from a Harps point of view it's fairly tough don't ya think having Rathdowney Portlaoise and Castletown :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

MWWSI 2017