BBC Sigerson snub

Started by bloody mary, March 02, 2007, 11:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: bloody mary on March 02, 2007, 06:03:03 PM
Note the sports bulletins on UTV and BBC this evening...

Saw Logie at the Dub, he'll be showing the Sigerson

The beeb didn't send a camera. I bet they'll be all irish cup and rugby. Balance?

Jerome gave a report on Radio Ulster just after the Poly result.

Over the Bar

Quoteaertel uses a random number generator to come up with the scores 9 times out of 10 .

classic! lol  :D

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 02, 2007, 06:07:44 PM
Quoteaertel uses a random number generator to come up with the scores 9 times out of 10 .
classic! lol  :D

Even Leinster Schools takes precedence over the Sigerson with RTE?   :-\

ExiledGael

Fair play to Logie there, you won't see a better round-up on the Sigerson on any channel. Showed a good number of scores from both games and a post-match interview with wee James.
He must be reading the criticism.
Interesting to see now what the BBC show now

ExiledGael

Predictable crap, shite about Maze stadium, some p***k on about the great Windsor Park. Build up to tomorrow's 'glamour ties' in the, just about sponsored, Irish Cup. Rugby build-up about Ulster, and then
"And finally QUB will play UUJ in the Sigerson Cup final tomorrow"
Literally that was it

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 02, 2007, 06:53:05 PM
Predictable crap, shite about Maze stadium, some p***k on about the great Windsor Park. Build up to tomorrow's 'glamour ties' in the, just about sponsored, Irish Cup. Rugby build-up about Ulster, and then
"And finally QUB will play UUJ in the Sigerson Cup final tomorrow"
Literally that was it

The problem was Stephen "Im talking thru my nose" Watson had just ejaculated when talking about Ulster Rugby and just rolled over and couldnt be bothered talking about the Sigerson..... ;D
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Uladh

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 02, 2007, 12:32:28 PM
Coverage for the Sigerson Cup is overrated IMHO - reports on other university sports competitions rarely get mentioned on the BBC or UTV so really why should Gaelic Games be any different?

3000 as the reported final attendance would beg to differ bummer. how many attended the irish league games yesterday?

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: Uladh on March 04, 2007, 11:35:10 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 02, 2007, 12:32:28 PM
Coverage for the Sigerson Cup is overrated IMHO - reports on other university sports competitions rarely get mentioned on the BBC or UTV so really why should Gaelic Games be any different?

3000 as the reported final attendance would beg to differ bummer. how many attended the irish league games yesterday?
While I'd agree the the IFL gets more exposure than it perhaps deserves, I made the comparison of the Sigerson Cup to other university competitions, not to a professional/semi-professional competition.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Uladh on March 04, 2007, 11:35:10 AM
And how many at last years final?  300?

Armagh Exile

Maybe if there had been a row or some crowd trouble at the Dr Sigerson Cup games then both BBC and UTV would have given it more promience.

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: Armagh Exile on March 04, 2007, 08:47:33 PM
Maybe if there had been a row or some crowd trouble at the Dr Sigerson Cup games then both BBC and UTV would have given it more promience.

Sadly that is true and is something that should be kept a very close eye on by journalists whom normally write stories on Gaelic Games.