Munster Football Championships 2018

Started by Ball Hopper, April 11, 2018, 02:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Full time in Tralee.  Kerry went 5 up in the second half, but Cork rallied and got a goal in injury time to draw level.  Late point wins it for Kerry.

Kerry 1-11 Cork 1-10.

All level in Thurles,  Clare 1-6 Tipp 2-3 with 15 mins left.

tippabu

Clare 1-9 tipp 2-4

no surprises in this one.

Laoiseabu

Haven't heard a word about Cork senior footballers In a long time ? Kerry should be watching their backs .

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 14, 2018, 07:07:15 PM
Haven't heard a word about Cork senior footballers In a long time ? Kerry should be watching their backs .
Cork backs are poor the Kerry forwards will score for fun against them if they play them.

tippabu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 14, 2018, 07:23:58 PM
Cork backs are poor the Kerry forwards will score for fun against them if they play them.

If being the appropriate word. theres alot more to munster football than just cork and kerry

Laoiseabu

Tipp and Clare aren't bad at all either. Like I think Kerry are far from convincing defensively .

Horse Box

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 14, 2018, 07:23:58 PM

If is the word and don`t write off Clare either , they are a dark horse who have performed well in the qualifiers over the last few years . They are due a big performance in Munster !

Jinxy

Quote from: tippabu on May 08, 2018, 08:23:20 PM
Full time Kerry 1-11 v 1-10 cork

Cork goal in injury time to level it, kerry point straight after to win it

No. 15 for Cork was very impressive.
Pace, power & accuracy.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Jinxy on May 16, 2018, 11:39:29 AM
Quote from: tippabu on May 08, 2018, 08:23:20 PM
Full time Kerry 1-11 v 1-10 cork

Cork goal in injury time to level it, kerry point straight after to win it

No. 15 for Cork was very impressive.
Pace, power & accuracy.

He looked like a class act who could kick scores with both feet as was the Kerry lad with the fuzzy hair, think he was called Paul Walsh? I thought both teams looked big for their age when you compared them to the lads in the Roscommon v Mayo game. Kerry's minor teams in recent years have been bigger than everyone else.

Rossfan

Frank and Cork CB not happy with Munster MFC format.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2018, 12:40:27 PM
Frank and Cork CB not happy with Munster MFC format.

It is a terrible format but there's something nice about it when for years everyone complained about seeding in Munster where last year's finalist got a bye into semi and couldn't meet until the final, no moaning from Frank about that. Hopefully senior and minor formats change, both need to for fairness

tippabu

Tipp team to play Waterford

1. Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
2. Shane O'Connell – Golden-Kilfeacle
3. John Meagher – Loughmore-Castleiney
4. Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
5. Bill Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
6. Robbie Kiely (Capt.) – Carbery Rangers
7. Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
8. Liam Casey – Cahir
9. Steven O'Brien – Ballina
10. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
11. Kevin O'Halloran – Portroe
12. Brian Fox – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
13. Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen
14. Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
15. Liam McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney

Ball Hopper

2 quarter finals in senior footbal this Saturday night.

Limerick v Clare in Gaelic Grounds, Limerick at 7pm - referee is Noel Mooney (Cavan)

Tipperary v Waterford in Thurles at 7pm - referee is Fergal Kelly (Longford).

A pair of Div 2 teams against Div 4 teams.

Hard to see anything but wins for Clare and Tipperary.

AZOffaly

I'm nervous about Waterford although by all accounts things are not going great down there. They gave a big performance against Cork last year and I feel there is a slight danger Tipp are looking past them. To be honest if Tipp have designs on  munster title they should be able to look past Waterford but you don't want to be completely switched off. Tipp aren't good enough yer to do things like that.

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2018, 09:38:39 AM
I'm nervous about Waterford although by all accounts things are not going great down there. They gave a big performance against Cork last year and I feel there is a slight danger Tipp are looking past them. To be honest if Tipp have designs on  munster title they should be able to look past Waterford but you don't want to be completely switched off. Tipp aren't good enough yer to do things like that.

I'm not nervous and that's not to be confused with cocky. If the game was in fraher field they are a different animal but in semple should take them comfortably enough. Reports bad coming out of waterford, I'm sure they'll sit in with everyone behind the ball and do a contain and take it from there job like against cork.

People are making far too much of tipp and Kearns giving out about the 6 day turnaround for the cork game, saying it's looking past waterford and being disrespectful. For me it's not, if we beat waterford today it's far too late then for anything to be done about the cork fixture, it had to be said early if there was any hope of a change to the potential fixture. Will be a massive own goal by Munster I imagine if tipp win today, clashing with champions league final now there'll probably be 500 at it