Desperate plea for All Ireland Tickets

Started by dubsforsam11, September 05, 2011, 07:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 11, 2011, 12:37:27 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on September 11, 2011, 11:56:43 AM
Absolute disgrace what is going on in Ebay at the moment.

B*****ds

Anyone who buys a ticket from Ebay should send the seat number to Croke Park after the match.

Should n't be too hard to track down where it came from!

Some sellers selling to benefit charities - what's wrong with that? If you want to pay more than face value for a ticket , then good luck to you - its your money. Dont come on here scowling about it.

Only a fool would believe that they are selling for charities.

I'll come on here to say whatever I like !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

comethekingdom

Quote from: Gaffer on September 11, 2011, 03:38:44 PM

B*****ds

Anyone who buys a ticket from Ebay should send the seat number to Croke Park after the match.

Some sellers selling to benefit charities - what's wrong with that? If you want to pay more than face value for a ticket , then good luck to you - its your money. Dont come on here scowling about it.

Hahaha - u must have paid thru the nose in the past! Hurting is it?

Frank Casey

A charity would be more likely to raffle rather than an auction for something like this.

However with a distribution system that scatters tickets so widely, and so far outside the competing counties, market forces are always going to come in to play.
KERRY 3:7

comethekingdom

Absolutely - There's always going to be clowns that will pay thru the nose for AIF tickets and enrich the touts. However IMO that's their own business and if they feel comfortable with parting lots of cash to see their team that's ok. Personally, I wouldn't ever pay more than face value for a ticket or ever look for more than what I paid for a ticket if I ever had a spare.

Kerry Mike

Ticket needed for me a kerryman exiled in the pale .
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Gaffer

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 11, 2011, 03:41:34 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on September 11, 2011, 03:38:44 PM

B*****ds

Hahaha - u must have paid thru the nose in the past! Hurting is it?

No. Always paid face value.

Why you defending these people who set out to rip off GAA fans.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

I've always found that if you really want one and are prepared to head to Dublin on the Saturday you'll get one.

The closest I got without getting one was at 1.30pm in 2005. Hungover and ticketless at 1pm it looked bleak. All of a sudden a man appeared and opened his coat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SLIGONIAN

I know im not from dublin/tipp/kerry but im desperately looking for an AI ticket, 3 would be dream scenario, have slight hopes in other places but may fall through. Last yr was my first to be at, would travel to pick it up obviously anywhere in Ireland, plsplspls. PM pls if youve any suggestions or any chance of surplus :-\.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

theskull1

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2011, 11:24:31 PM
I've always found that if you really want one and are prepared to head to Dublin on the Saturday you'll get one.

The closest I got without getting one was at 1.30pm in 2005. Hungover and ticketless at 1pm it looked bleak. All of a sudden a man appeared and opened his coat.

The lengths [fnarr ] some folk will go to to see their team....disgusting
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

4father

Did you have to reach in yourself?

Gimmearunout

Maybe had to perform a reach-around to get them!

magpie seanie

That's the key.