Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2021, 10:55:32 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on February 22, 2021, 09:47:03 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2021, 06:24:03 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 21, 2021, 06:19:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2021, 06:01:22 PM
RTÉ

Making his debut in 2015, Fenton has now won six All-Ireland titles and has yet to taste defeat in the championship.

Hes a superb player and fully deserved the poty award.
He is but 6 in a row is a joke

Well.done to Cavan on getting 3 all stars

To you. 6 in a rows has been done at club level and other IC.

Fenton, Rolls Royce, the jewel in the crown.

He's very good and managed to change his approach in the final in the second half to power Dublin through, could have easily been replaced given the talent Dublin have in the second half but proved his worth

You cant just replace Fenton, on his bad days hes good. Closest to him as a midlfielder is Howard.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 22, 2021, 11:14:08 AM
RTÉ

Making his debut in 2015, Fenton has now won six All-Ireland titles and has yet to taste defeat in the championship.

He's very good and managed to change his approach in the final in the second half to power Dublin through, could have easily been replaced given the talent Dublin have in the second half but proved his worth

You cant just replace Fenton, on his bad days hes good. Closest to him as a midlfielder is Howard.

Well his bad days are better than most, but he controlled the game better in the second half. By his standards he hadn't a great first half
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

RTÉ

5 in a row was never done at intercounty before Gavin.
Who cares how many in a row the Dubs win now ? It's all a joke.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TheGreatest

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2021, 06:12:08 PM
RTÉ

5 in a row was never done at intercounty before Gavin.
Who cares how many in a row the Dubs win now ? It's all a joke.

Only to some.

Its a waiting game for most, when will it end...

Dublin, for eternity will always be there or there abouts from now on.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2021, 05:38:09 PM
RTÉ

Well his bad days are better than most, but he controlled the game better in the second half. By his standards he hadn't a great first half
He is fantastic but so are his teammates .In that sort of context he can go higher and higher.
Maybe a Mayo player could have with the right amount of money behind him.

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2021, 08:59:42 AM
RTÉ

He is fantastic but so are his teammates .In that sort of context he can go higher and higher.

Ah sure it's the good auld: It has to be the money doesn't it?

Commitment,training and natural ability have nothing to do with it then. I'm suree that makes Mayo players/supporters feel better. If the county board had simply spent more money on the team then they'd have won a few All Irelands.

seafoid

Quote from: dublin7 on February 23, 2021, 10:33:59 AM
RTÉ

Commitment,training and natural ability have nothing to do with it then. I'm suree that makes Mayo players/supporters feel better. If the county board had simply spent more money on the team then they'd have won a few All Irelands.
The money enabled Dublin to harness the population advantage and over time build Leinster and subsequently All Ireland dominance.
I know from hurling that playing at the top and winning brings players on and that that constantly losing all Ireland finals does not.
Winning 6 in a row goes ever further in the direction of excellence.
But the system doesn't work for anyone else. Cavan won 3 all stars and they were destroyed in the semi final.

Dublin and the GAA have ruined Gaelic football.

greatpoint

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2021, 11:22:25 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 23, 2021, 10:33:59 AM
RTÉ

The money enabled Dublin to harness the population advantage and over time build Leinster and subsequently All Ireland dominance.
I know from hurling that playing at the top and winning brings players on and that that constantly losing all Ireland finals does not.
Winning 6 in a row goes ever further in the direction of excellence.
But the system doesn't work for anyone else. Cavan won 3 all stars and they were destroyed in the semi final.

Dublin and the GAA have ruined Gaelic football.

Come on now, Cavan put in a really really brave performance against the Dubs.

Itchy

So do you think that the dubs shouldnt be able to harness the population and introduce them to GAA? Thats sounds very un GAA like to me. I always took it as my goal to get as many kids playing as possible. The problem is population imbalance more so than money.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2021, 02:02:30 PM
So do you think that the dubs shouldnt be able to harness the population and introduce them to GAA? Thats sounds very un GAA like to me. I always took it as my goal to get as many kids playing as possible. The problem is population imbalance more so than money.
I would prefer a competitive championship with different counties winning .
If Cavan were good enough to win Ulster I would like them to get a fair shot at Sam.
If Dublin had to be subdivided to achieve this I wouldn't object.

rosnarun

and that nothing has been done to even partially negate the societal imbalance.

the thruth is dublin probably should get more money to either improve the dmall clubs or open new one in the new areas of the city. But while Dublin are so dominant its going to be a hard sell same for belfast cork and Galway City . Limerick is Rugby country so no point in helpin them

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tubberman

The answer is simple. Dublin should become a province - it has the population size for it. Then they could decide how to structure their provincial competition - e.g. i) split Dublin into the 4 administrative Co Cos that are already in place, ii) North/South split, iii) keep it as one county and twiddle their thumbs until the other provincial competitions are completed.
That would allow the Leinster championship to be a competition again.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2021, 02:24:17 PM
I would prefer a competitive championship with different counties winning .
If Cavan were good enough to win Ulster I would like them to get a fair shot at Sam.
If Dublin had to be subdivided to achieve this I wouldn't object.

how many subdivisions divide dublin in 3 and you still probably have the 3  most populous counties ( apart from Antrim which is another story). Would 6 be to many

rosnarun

Quote from: Tubberman on February 23, 2021, 02:28:01 PM
The answer is simple. Dublin should become a province - it has the population size for it. Then they could decide how to structure their provincial competition - e.g. i) split Dublin into the 4 administrative Co Cos that are already in place, ii) North/South split, iii) keep it as one county and twiddle their thumbs until the other provincial competitions are completed.
Totally agree ive been saying it for year . one of the real plus points is all Dubs can then all weigh in behind the winning 'county' and be late and Obnoxious  for their games

dublin7

Quote from: rosnarun on February 23, 2021, 02:33:36 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 23, 2021, 02:28:01 PM
Totally agree ive been saying it for year . one of the real plus points is all Dubs can then all weigh in behind the winning 'county' and be late and Obnoxious  for their games

It is disappointing that dubs matches all start on time isn't it. In the good auld days you could be enjoying your pre match pints in Meaghers in the sunshine safe in the knowledge throw in would be delayed by 15 min if you wanted one for the road.

Alas, like the Celtic tiger, that era has gone and is unlikely to return so dubs matches actually start at their designated times now