Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 23, 2020, 10:01:40 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 23, 2020, 09:59:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 23, 2020, 09:45:27 PM
To be honest, and I could be wrong on this, but I wouldn't be too sure Harte is a mercenary at all. Also reading this thread I would expect Damien Cassidy and those mcnulty boys to be driving ferraris based on what I read but I am not sure on the accuracy on the money managers are being paid at all!

I'm certain Harte is

I'm certain you are wrong.

Just did it for the love of it ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

The bare minimum would be expenses. No one should out of pocket
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I dunno much about louth's finances but if he was such a mercenary I would expect him to be going to a much bigger county.

Yeah no one could quibble with expenses etc.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 23, 2020, 10:06:12 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on November 23, 2020, 10:01:40 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 23, 2020, 09:59:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 23, 2020, 09:45:27 PM
To be honest, and I could be wrong on this, but I wouldn't be too sure Harte is a mercenary at all. Also reading this thread I would expect Damien Cassidy and those mcnulty boys to be driving ferraris based on what I read but I am not sure on the accuracy on the money managers are being paid at all!

I'm certain Harte is

I'm certain you are wrong.

Just did it for the love of it ?

I didn't say he did. But he wasn't getting anywhere near the sort of money you are implying. Nowhere near the figures suggested. Antrim are paying big bucks for their new set up for sure

JimStynes

Quote from: hardstation on November 23, 2020, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 23, 2020, 10:12:55 PM
I dunno much about louth's finances but if he was such a mercenary I would expect him to be going to a much bigger county.

Morgan Fuels.

Statsports is the money man behind it apparently. Mickey Harte was on big money in Tyrone, Antrim couldn't afford him. But it's a big risk for his legacy going to the Louth. What can he actually achieve with them. At least with the likes of antirm the only way is up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 23, 2020, 10:18:48 PM

Morgan Fuels.

Statsports is the money man behind it apparently. Mickey Harte was on big money in Tyrone, Antrim couldn't afford him. But it's a big risk for his legacy going to the Louth. What can he actually achieve with them. At least with the likes of antirm the only way is up.

You got a link to that info  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2020, 10:21:03 PM

Morgan Fuels.

The link wouldn't want me to disclose that

Calm Down

Quote from: JimStynes on November 23, 2020, 11:37:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2020, 10:21:03 PM

Morgan Fuels.

The link wouldn't want me to disclose that

This is true, the Statsports are men from Gilesquay and by all accounts with their backing the Louth job is one of the most attractive in terms of finances

antrimman667

Late to the Party Guys, Great appointment last week. Hope we can build on from here on in.
we really need to improve the standard of the schools football and put a real emphasis on this in the coming years. probably sound like a broken record., but the population of St.Mary's CBS and St.Louis should be more than capable of competing at a MacRory Cup level. These are what we have to build for in the coming years and getting youngsters exposure to this high level football and getting more guys exposure to Sigerson level football when they reach that age. 
A goal should be an u17 Ulster within 4 years and maybe an u20 in five years.

EOC1923

Who is in charge of the U17s and U20s in 2021? I see Mickey Harte has taken on Louth U20s along with the seniors

Cranfield

I'd say it's the same as last year. Hugh McG with 20's and Donal Laverty & Paddy Kelly with U-17s.
Both seemed like good setups.

bannside

No coincidence that Cavan and Tipperary made provincial breakthroughs at the weekend. Both had exceptionally good minor and under 21s teams if you go back half a dozen years. Hard work put in got its reward.

bannside

No pressure Donal and Paddy lol.

jeremiah

I know Hugh's taking Rossa next year. Under 20 usually early in the year so good chance he'll be able to do both

NatSoSaff

U20's were very impressive last year so hopefully Hugh and his staff are staying on or alternatively EMcG goes the route of Mickey Harte and gets directly involved with that group also.
Does anyone know if that U20 squad are losing many players from last year's squad?